d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21413

Heat/Bulls Series Price Projection

If it happens, make me the series odds...

secret007
    secret007's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 332

-1000 +800

secret007
    secret007's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 332

Actually it wont be that high.

Miami Heat -2000 Bulls +1500

bubblebuttluv
    Derek Jeter, the best shortstop ever.
    bubblebuttluv's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1897

Idk, -2000 +3000 or something like that. The Heat are not losing the East. Their most realistic true opposition is the Knicks, and Ewing and his knee-pads are not walking through that door.

bubblebuttluv

I'm clearly not a lines maker so my +money was probably way off. But you get the jist, the Heat have about a 95% chance of beating the Bulls IMO. Noah's foot will really really start hurting when he squares up with Lebron and Co.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by bubblebuttluv View Post
    I'm clearly not a lines maker so my +money was probably way off. But you get the jist, the Heat have about a 95% chance of beating the Bulls IMO. Noah's foot will really really start hurting when he squares up with Lebron and Co.
    95% means they make it like -2400/+1600

Personally I think it's too high. The Bulls actually match up pretty well (if anyone can against the Heat) and always give them fits. The Bulls would need 4 A+ efforts, but it's not impossible.

I think it should be more like 86-88%.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Hypothetically, let's say Rose says he's suiting up to face Miami in the series and he's ready to go. How would that effect the line? What you make it then, going blind on not knowing how he will look?

BTW, Derrick's brother today said he might be ready to go for Round 2.

ChiLLx
    ChiLLx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9184

Heat -1000 or so

Jikos
    Jikos's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1114

Anywhere from -1500 to -2000. If the Bulls had Rose it would be closer to -500. Moneylines (like spreads) are made to be equally attractive on both sides. That means they can make the money line for the Heat as high as they want to make it because there will be a lot of action going on them regardless. They're not going out in the second round.
    Last edited by Jikos; 04-28-13 at 03:43 PM.

Sport_Fish
    Sport_Fish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2039

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

No Rose........Heat -1400/Bulls +1000
    With Rose.....Heat -800/Bulls +600

RonPaul2008
    Update your status
    RonPaul2008's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 243569

Wow, it sounds like there is a chance Rose could return next round!

bubblebuttluv

Did you guys expect anything else from Rose? He waits for guys in constant pain like Noah to kill themselves out there then tries to come in like the savior who will help them beat the Heat. Like I have stated before I am a Rose fan, but he has pissed myself and others off by riding the pine for so damn long after being medically cleared like what, almost two months ago?

Three things: The Bulls with Rose will still get smashed by the Heat. Way too much depth there and Lebron will "come up" to try to embarress Rose. Second, there is about a 90% chance IMO that Rose will not even play. This is just more smoke and mirrors from D-Rose and company. Finally, if the Rose plays and the Bulls lose...which they will, Rose will say in the post game conference that "I shouldn't have come back, I wasn't 110% mentally, and I should have left it all in God's hands, bruh."

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by bubblebuttluv View Post
    Did you guys expect anything else from Rose? He waits for guys in constant pain like Noah to kill themselves out there then tries to come in like the savior who will help them beat the Heat. Like I have stated before I am a Rose fan, but he has pissed myself and others off by riding the pine for so damn long after being medically cleared like what, almost two months ago?

Three things: The Bulls with Rose will still get smashed by the Heat. Way too much depth there and Lebron will "come up" to try to embarress Rose. Second, there is about a 90% chance IMO that Rose will not even play. This is just more smoke and mirrors from D-Rose and company. Finally, if the Rose plays and the Bulls lose...which they will, Rose will say in the post game conference that "I shouldn't have come back, I wasn't 110% mentally, and I should have left it all in God's hands, bruh."
    I don't see that at all. He just wasn't ready. 12 months is today. He's not about being a savior, he's about winning. His teammates support him 100%. And he won't say he shouldn't have come back. That's just idiotic.

I think he 70% is coming back. I doubt Reggie speaking out of turn again. He's just laying the stage. Why would they talk like that only to have him not come back? Doesn't make sense.

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

Doesn't matter. Rose or no Rose, Bulls probably get 1 game. Unless Lebron gets hurt of course.

Matt1144
    Matt1144's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2854

As a longtime Bulls fan I give them a shot but I'm certainly not TOO optimistic. Either way it'll be a tough series and we'll get a few good shots in for sure. Always fun going up against the best Chicago better bring it

If D Rose came back it would be a different story. Wouldn't even know what to say because I think he has a 0% chance of coming back. This late would cause too many questions in the case they fail terribly and if you push it for 2 months you may as well stick with it. Lot of thoughts on it but regardless I would be super surprised if Rose came back.

reppin_the_847
    reppin_the_847's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Reggie Rose was sitting courtside at yesterday's game and seemed pretty excited with Nate Robinson and his comeback performance. He probably thinks the Bulls have a chance now and he's eating his words from a couple months ago about management not surrounding D-Rose with the right talent.

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    I don't see that at all. He just wasn't ready. 12 months is today. He's not about being a savior, he's about winning. His teammates support him 100%. And he won't say he shouldn't have come back. That's just idiotic.

I think he 70% is coming back. I doubt Reggie speaking out of turn again. He's just laying the stage. Why would they talk like that only to have him not come back? Doesn't make sense.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by reppin_the_847 View Post
    Reggie Rose was sitting courtside at yesterday's game and seemed pretty excited with Nate Robinson and his comeback performance. He probably thinks the Bulls have a chance now and he's eating his words from a couple months ago about management not surrounding D-Rose with the right talent.
    Nate Rob is not a long-term Bulls player. He won't be back. Not because he isn't balling, but he was brought in because Rose was out. Hinrich will backup Rose and also play some alongside him. Robinson should get paid by someone.

reppin_the_847
    reppin_the_847's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

The Bulls will make an attempt to re-sign him but with his value climbing again it's gonna be tough. Like you said, it won't be surprising if we lose him just like we lost Omer Asik, Kyle Korver, CJ Watson & the rest of the "Bench Mob". They can try to do some re-shuffling. Maybe get rid of Marco Belinelli (that would hurt) or Radmanovic (no brainer). Still might not free up enough money though to remain under the cap.

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    Nate Rob is not a long-term Bulls player. He won't be back. Not because he isn't balling, but he was brought in because Rose was out. Hinrich will backup Rose and also play some alongside him. Robinson should get paid by someone.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by reppin_the_847 View Post
    The Bulls will make an attempt to re-sign him but with his value climbing again it's gonna be tough. Like you said, it won't be surprising if we lose him just like we lost Omer Asik, Kyle Korver, CJ Watson & the rest of the "Bench Mob". They can try to do some re-shuffling. Maybe get rid of Marco Belinelli (that would hurt) or Radmanovic (no brainer). Still might not free up enough money though to remain under the cap.
    They won;t even make an attempt. Not out of disrespect, but it's just not in the rotation with Rose back. He has Rose's spot. He wouldn't get the PT he deserves either. Bellinelli probably will be back. I'm wondering if the Bulls will even bother keeping Teague or if they'll find a way to get rid of him. That pick was a dud. Rose, Hinrich, Belli, Butler, Deng, Boozer, Gibson, Noah. Short of a major trade that's 8 and then 9 with pick #20. If Teague stays that's 10. And then you need either Mohammed or another similar veteran backup big man. Last spot probably a wing. Malcolm Thomas could stick.

Jgjk
    Jgjk's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Matt1144 View Post
    As a longtime Bulls fan I give them a shot but I'm certainly not TOO optimistic. Either way it'll be a tough series and we'll get a few good shots in for sure. Always fun going up against the best Chicago better bring it

If D Rose came back it would be a different story. Wouldn't even know what to say because I think he has a 0% chance of coming back. This late would cause too many questions in the case they fail terribly and if you push it for 2 months you may as well stick with it. Lot of thoughts on it but regardless I would be super surprised if Rose came back.
    Just because rose comes back doesn't mean the bulls will be rolling

Bdolan33
    Bdolan33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2224

Bulls are -425 to win 1 game out of 3...wtf?

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Bdolan33 View Post
    Bulls are -425 to win 1 game out of 3...wtf?
    Game 5 Nets -240
    Game 6 Nets +130
    Game 7 Nets -240

Now add it up. That's +361.

-425 might be slightly high.