OhMyEli
    OhMyEli's Avatar Become A Pro!

Over in Thunder/Rockets - not sure how this loses

Rockets at home with their backs against the wall. I know Westbrook is out, but Houston doesn't win games shutting teams down on defense, they try and get high percentage shots.

Without Westbrook the team will likely shoot a better percentage due to his garbage PG being excluded.

Last game they were at over 110 at half and couldnt knock down shots in the 2nd half. That wont happen for the Rockets at home down 0-2. The Rockets play moneyball basketball and they will put 4 guys on the perimeter nearly every possession, if they hit under 12 three pointers I will be surprised. They take 35 a game and unless contrary to all rules of basketball they are cold in their first home playoff game from 3, they should get around 30-45 points behind the arc.

The Thunder know they will have to score to keep up in this game. Neither team lets up with the lead and they are good three point and free throw shooting teams.

I honestly see this going over in 8 out of 10 game scenarios.

I see 109-101 Rockets.

Once this hits I want a nomination for post of the day and a few posters throwing me a point

Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

Not sure how it loses yet your prediction only has it 3 pts over the total?

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

Totals for OKC games depend on westbrook's quick shots and transition offense.

Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

Definitely don't hate the play though. Wasn't it an sbr "theory" to fade line movement on all totals that moved this much? I know the 4.5 pt move is because of westbrook mostly but still fits the theory.

TwoWays

If you've ever watched Reggie Jackson play, the guy loves to run clock before running offense.

OhMyEli

Quote Originally Posted by TwoWays View Post
    If you've ever watched Reggie Jackson play, the guy loves to run clock before running offense.
    You think Reggie Jackson is going to dictate how the thunder play a playoff game? Lol

OhMyEli

Quote Originally Posted by Seto View Post
    Definitely don't hate the play though. Wasn't it an sbr "theory" to fade line movement on all totals that moved this much? I know the 4.5 pt move is because of westbrook mostly but still fits the theory.
    Don't over think this one. Rockets at home in a do or die. If they go down it won't be because they played too conservative and didn't put up shots like they did allll season.

TwoWays

Quote Originally Posted by OhMyEli View Post
    You think Reggie Jackson is going to dictate how the thunder play a playoff game? Lol
    He will be the starting pg. And that will be his responsibility to to not shoot first, instead to run the offense. Truth not funny

OhMyEli

He will be the starting pg. And that will be his responsibility to to not shoot first, instead to run the offense. Truth not funny
    I know what a pg does. But if you think he is going to determine the game by playing contrary to the system in place in a playoff game than you need to take a break or look into how much you know about the sport. No offense I'm just saying I don't think you understand what you're saying

TwoWays

That's the way he plays when in the game. He doesn't run headless crazy up and down the floor like westbrook. No offense but you need to watch more Thunder games when Jackson is playing.

OhMyEli

That's the way he plays when in the game. He doesn't run headless crazy up and down the floor like westbrook. No offense but you need to watch more Thunder games when Jackson is playing.
    Lol. Okay bud well I don't need to convince you in order for me to put it in. You're not going to convince me out of it unless you're secretly D1 coach aand former scout and not just some kid who watches a fee NBA games on TV.

I'm not claiming to be Jesus, but this is a great spot for the over or rockets tto.

oldscho0led
    home dogs
    oldscho0led's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5503

Totals for OKC games depend on westbrook's quick shots and transition offense.
    This. But Westbrook's perimeter defense is also a factor so I think Lin/Beverly goin to have a good game, thus, hitting the over

Overbettor
    Overbettor's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 374

What was the opener here?

OhMyEli

Quote Originally Posted by Overbettor View Post
    What was the opener here?
    Something around 211 I believe.

TwoWays

Nobody's trying to force your hand. I'm not leaning one side or the other. Just giving information here. Next time make a thread and have it marked only opinions the same as yours can post.

Overbettor

Im on it at 206 and had to buy the hook....should've locked it at 205.5 but got tied up at work. Gl to us!

OhMyEli

Nobody's trying to force your hand. I'm not leaning one side or the other. Just giving information here. Next time make a thread and have it marked only opinions the same as yours can post.
    Other opinions are fine. I posted a write up with in depth reasoning on a few different angles. You make a comment that is very illogical and I tell you that it is. The under may hit, but your reasoning for it is contrary to how the sport works. I don't really need to explain it to you anymore kid, if you don't get what I'm saying you never will until you watch more basketball as you age. I'm not in the least bit ticked off or anything like that I'm just telling you how it is.

TwoWays

lol, damn me. I obviously can't pick winners

OhMyEli

lol, damn me. I obviously can't pick winners

Your theory is that Reggie Jackson was going to slow down the game. The Thunder have 50 with 7 minutes left in the 2nd quarter. Your statement on this game literally was the most incorrect assessment of this game. Now sit down son.
    Game has a long way to go but Reggie Jackson is in no way doing anything remotely close to even the slightest bit of what you said he would. You just don't know the game that well, this isn't about capping its about the sport.

OhMyEli

I'm seeing o/u 224 with (over+160) and (under -190) right now.

I would think the under is easy there, but if these two put up 115 in the first and the Rockets are only 4-17 from behind the arc who knows. The Thunder could try and slow down the pace a bit, but why should they really? They put up 66 pretty easily and allowing 49 on the road to the Rockets is pretty dang good. I'm not sure if they change much, I suppose fewer points will come from a fast break but I think those even out with the Rockets hitting a few more 3pts.

I'll just wait until the 4th quarter, and most likely go under there.

This over will close out a 3 teamer for $990 assuming these guys don't forget how to score.

TwoWays

maybe next time. gl in the future.

NBA Maniac
    NBA Maniac's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 116

Know you know how it looses...

Overbettor

Wow, this one ranks up there with my all-time most painful losses. Fuking Thunder went ice cold in the 3rd to kill it.