TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Game 2: Does Houston Even Have A Chance To Cover?

OKC played very well. And I don't think it was there best game. Yes, they could of played even better. On the other side of the coin... most will say Houston played their worse game. But really... I think it was there best game. Asik is horrible playing the center position. He can't score... and he really can't defend to be honest. Harden drives so many times... he's getting drilled but he's not getting the call. I just worry about being up 15 with 2 minutes to go. Houston keeps their starters in... OKC puts the bench in... Houston covers. My initial thought was OKC. Is it that easy? Seems way too easy. I can see OKC winning by 30 again. Your thoughts?

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

sorry wrong thread and yes houston has a slight chance 50%

YouHave2outs
    YouHave2outs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 198

you bet Houston game 1, and now they have no chance to cover (even after all the home teams covered 6-7/8 in game 1 and have covered 0/4 so far in game 2)

TheMoneyShot

Why do you keep saying I bet Houston Game 1? Never had Houston.

PanamaBrad
    PanamaBrad's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 395

Could be complacency in OKC. Houston is no threat to them. If it edges up another point, bridge jump the money line and then take a little on the Houston side with points.

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!
    Jayvegas420's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15015

I think houston covers tonight.
    They have won 3 of the last 6 outright.
    I don't think OKC has a vested interest to pummel them tonight.
    I also think that 1st 1/4 over/under is way too high.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

houston isn't a good team. they go through long scoring droughts and the whole team looks lost at times. plus, like you mentioned, harden hasn't been getting calls.

but 11.5 is a lot, houston always has the potential to put up big numbers, and public will be all over okc tonight.

doubt houston wins but it's gotta be houston or pass. i smell a backdoor cover like milwacky last night...

Givemhell Horns
    Givemhell Horns's Avatar Become A Pro!

Okc beat Houston this year by 22, 29, 30 but did lose 3. See the thunder winning by 17 tonight. They want to put it on Harden.

Frisco
    Frisco's Avatar Become A Pro!

OKC or no bet. They're playing stellar D right now

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

I've said it all season, OKC owns the Rockets and Harden.

Hou has no shot here to not win a game more or less cover one. They got a terrible draw with OKC and would have been much better off playing SA.

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

Houston could cover, I'd just rather wait til they're at home to back them.

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm
    Darkside Magick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

It is 1 on 5 out there.....OKC or no play

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

Whether Houston can win or keep it close depends on Lin. They need him to score and assists and to move the ball. Harden factors into it little cause he plays too much hero ball and depends too much on foul calls. Parsons is pretty important for defense on Durant. That all being said, Hou has a terrible road record against the West top teams.

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

If Houston makes the proper adjustments (which shouldn't be too hard) they should hang. Like not trying to run with OKC on their homecourt, or Jeremy Lin choosing not to throw the ball all around the gym.

Frisco
    Frisco's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by TwoWays View Post
    Whether Houston can win or keep it close depends on Lin. They need him to score and assists and to move the ball. Harden factors into it little cause he plays too much hero ball and depends too much on foul calls. Parsons is pretty important for defense on Durant. That all being said, Hou has a terrible road record against the West top teams.
    Lin was real sloppy in game 1. We'll see if that was just 1st playoff game jitters or sign of things to come. Think if anyone likes Houston they'll almost certainly be able to get a better # live at some point

Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13197

The slop continues for J. Lin, dude is an average/below average pg. Houston gets smacked again today

The Kraken

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy88 View Post
    If Houston makes the proper adjustments (which shouldn't be too hard) they should hang. Like not trying to run with OKC on their homecourt, or Jeremy Lin choosing not to throw the ball all around the gym.
    There are no adjustments Houston can make to hang. Sure, they can go on a heater and end up hanging but with that exception, nothing they can do will matter.

The reason why Lin has played bad is two fold 1.) Westbrook 2.) Lin Sucks Don't expect him to do anything this series. He's dominated. He's a K2 while Russel is a KK.

I've waited along time for this series and did quite well in game 1 and expect to continue doing well throughout the 4 games. I can't wait till OKC goes to Houston and is back to a 8 pt fav... They'll cover that in Houston 3 fold.

Houstons whole game is predicated around Harden. Usually that's fine but a major part of his game is predicated on getting to the rack and drawing fouls or making layups. He can't do that this series. Because of Serge. Serge's help off the weak side is what changes the whole dynamic of this series. And Harden knows this. So he jacks up 3's, which is not his game. He can hit them but that's not his game.

TheMoneyShot

All these posts are excellent. Love everyone's perspective. It makes me wonder... if Harden gets hot... they will force the ball out of Harden's hands and Parsons and or Lin must deliver.... not to sure if they can deliver? And Houston's D is horrible. OKC seems to know where to give the ball to every time down the court.

TwoWays

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    The reason why Lin has played bad is two fold 1.) Westbrook 2.) Lin Sucks Don't expect him to do anything this series. He's dominated. He's a K2 while Russel is a KK.
    Wow, that's pretty hateful of you. This kid has stepped up many times this year with terrific games. Just because he doesn't do a 360 dunk or looks the part of a baller, doesn't mean he can't ball.

darkhat
    darkhat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2882

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke View Post

StateChamp
    Dr Phil Nation
    StateChamp's Avatar Become A Pro!

parlay houston +11 with the over

parlay OKC -11 with the under

1 will hit for a decent profit

darkhat

darkhat

sorry wrong thread too

had this and the thread smoke had up next to each other

pattymayo
    pattymayo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

Lol @ posting in the wrong thread

You guys need to get out more

The Kraken

Quote Originally Posted by TwoWays View Post
    Wow, that's pretty hateful of you. This kid has stepped up many times this year with terrific games. Just because he doesn't do a 360 dunk or looks the part of a baller, doesn't mean he can't ball.
    Let's be honest, Lin is completely dominated. He'll, fisher is locking him down. I don't think Lin is very good at all but I see what you're saying. What he hasn't some is deliver consistently against superior athletes like OKC has. OKC's starters play D like the Heat, they switch every time knowing all 5 players can guard. This makes it very difficult on opposing teams, especially guards because there's not much space created by screens and they can do this because they're athletic.

That and Sefolosha is a Bruce Bowen type player but more athletic.

My main concern with a line over 10 isn't Houston getting hot, it's OKC playing complacency or their much weaker second team playing more minutes, allowing a back door cover. This is a more likely scenario if the Rockets cover.

With that said, I'll say OKC isn't afraid to run it up at home. Like the honey badger, they don't give a shit.
    Last edited by The Kraken; 04-24-13 at 04:55 PM.

Powderguy
    Powderguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

none at all

The Kraken

Some really nice props on this game as well

The Kraken

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    Let's be honest, Lin is completely dominated. He'll, fisher is locking him down. I don't think Lin is very good at all but I see what you're saying. What he hasn't some is deliver consistently against superior athletes like OKC has. OKC's starters play D like the Heat, they switch every time knowing all 5 players can guard. This makes it very difficult on opposing teams, especially guards because there's not much space created by screens and they can do this because they're athletic.

That and Sefolosha is a Bruce Bowen type player but more athletic.

My main concern with a line over 10 isn't Houston getting hot, it's OKC playing complacency or their much weaker second team playing more minutes, allowing a back door cover. This is a more likely scenario if the Rockets cover.

With that said, I'll say OKC isn't afraid to run it up at home. Like the honey badger, they don't give a shit.
    As I feared, OKC got up by 15 and got complacent, started jacking up 3's.

gotta give Hou and McKale credit, they made nice adjustment that they haven't shown this year.

Huckleberry Pig
    Huckleberry Pig's Avatar Become A Pro!

Wow Perkins just got away with a TERRIBLE hold on Parsons to let Sefolosha hit that wide open 3. Hate Perkins more than any player in the NBA which sucks cause I like the Thunder. Perkins is a dirty whiny bitch though

The Kraken

Ya, that was a dirty hold but let's not act like it doesn't happen all the time.

It will get some attention on espn tonight and tomorrow, nba will say refs missed the call and then it will be forgotten about.

pattymayo
    pattymayo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

Perkins could have gotten a techical foul when he pushed Harden out of bounds, totally waved his arm at the official.

Guy on the Rockets got a BS technical foul earlier on a big dunk they said he taunted the guy, looked like he didnt say anything

But only us gamblers really dwell on missed calls, average fan doesn't care

TheMoneyShot

Unreal how all these Playoff games are going... TNT We Know Drama

TwoWays

Many calls were BS against the rockets. Look at whiny Westbrook, just because Beverly was playing him phyiscally. Way to ruin a memorable game, refs.

gopolks
    gopolks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1690

Perkins's dad was awesome, he played in the late 80's-90's for the canterbury rams in the New Zealand league, tough rebounder, with a nice jump shot.

12 Last