SBRforum Staff
    SBRforum Staff's Avatar Become A Pro!

Marc Lawrence: Memphis -4½ vs Toronto

Memphis -4½ vs Toronto

Game Time: 12/30/2006 8:00:00 PM
    By: Marc Lawrence
    Marc Lawrence's Playbook: Free and Guaranteed Picks

The Memphis Grizzlies, playing at home under interim coach Tony Barone, are the play tonight against the visitin Toronto Raptors.

The Grizzlies take the court under new head coach Tony Barone knowing they are 15-4-1 ATS in this series against the Raptors, including 7-0 straight up and 6-0-1 against the spread in the last seven meetings.

Memphis (6-24) parted company with head coach Mike Fratello on Thursday, sending Barone from his front office job as director of player personnel down to the bench to finish the season. The Grizzlies come into the game having lost five straight and with just one win in their last 12 games.

Toronto (13-17) is just 5-13 on the road this year and comes into this game off a home loss last night to the Chicago Bulls, 107-97. The win marked the 15th straight in the series for Chicago.

With Toronto in off that skirmish at home against Chicago last night, look for Barone to get his maiden win here tonight.

Play: Grizzlies -4½

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

This is definitely a very good spot here for the Grizzlies as well, and I too like them today.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

I will take my chances with Toronto +5.5

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Great situational play for the Grizz, but they are just hapless.

Illusion

Damn, Toronto almost came back but fell just short...oh well.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I guess you didn't grab the 6 when it was out there tonight in order to get the push ILL?

Illusion

Nope, had 5.5 unfortunately.