BettingWizard
    BettingWizard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

Thunder are Very Square

Rockets +600

SlowNsteady
    SlowNsteady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 34

Take the points and you might have a shot. I think OKC wins this game.

GemSportsPicks
    GemSportsPicks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

I wish everyone would stop with the square and the sharp... I thought you said the HEat were square... They are just terms touts use, they mean nothing... That being said, I love love love the ROCKETS!!!

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

If you take every single underdog and have no other reason than you think taking favorites is square, you are a square.

What reason is there to take Houston? Is it the fact that they are playing at the toughest arena in the league? Is it the fact that they are playing the NBA's second best team? Is it because they play no defense?

The reason is the Thunder are the favorite so they must be square. This is the playoffs and the Heat and Thunder are laying double digits. It's not because the books think they're going to lose....Come on man.

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

Good luck BW.

Potentate
    Skirred Money
    Potentate's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    If you take every single underdog and have no other reason than you think taking favorites is square, you are a square.

What reason is there to take Houston? Is it the fact that they are playing at the toughest arena in the league? Is it the fact that they are playing the NBA's second best team? Is it because they play no defense?

The reason is the Thunder are the favorite so they must be square. This is the playoffs and the Heat and Thunder are laying double digits. It's not because the books think they're going to lose....Come on man.
    I have to agree. I'm fairly certain the Thunder are going to come out with the intentions of literally burying the Rockets.

Edit: But yes, anything can happen. BOL.

moguler
    moguler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8093

Well said. When someone says Miami or OKC are square just because they are huge favourites, then that way of thinking is very square. Whether you are "square" or "sharp" the one who chooses the right side is the winner.
    I back OKC, but who knows, this is NBA. However, I think this square or sharp terminology is sometimes misleading people.

Gus Fring
    Gus Fring's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 745

Rockets no fg 6 mins

Vinnie Paz
    Vinnie Paz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3413

Lmao rockets been god awful all season
    No surprise Here

Hadley13
    Hadley13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 576

Hey Wizard what school of fortune telling did you go to?! Idiot!!

BigDofBA

Squares up 13.

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

Yeah not the time to try to be sharp. Just wait til these dogs swing back home in games 3 and 4.

BigDofBA

It's easier to be "sharp" during the regular season because teams take games off.

Teams come to play in the playoffs especially with how the games are spread out. No need to take 8 seeds on the ML in game 1.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Potentate

El Sol
    El Sol's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1802

Quote Originally Posted by GemSportsPicks View Post
    I wish everyone would stop with the square and the sharp... I thought you said the HEat were square... They are just terms touts use, they mean nothing... That being said, I love love love the ROCKETS!!!
    Square is when you pick the side where the book has the largest margin. Sharp side is where the book has no margin and the player has the edge. Takes years to master and has nothing to do with picking the favorite or the dog, it all comes to payout odds vs actual odds. Judging by the majority of the posters here, I highly doubt most here have the slightest idea which side is the sharp vs the square side

Sport_Fish
    Sport_Fish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2039

He has no reason...he actually used to be a solid capper but turned into one those clowns who always aim to be super sharp and doesn't care how stupid the play is.

He's got value-syndrome. Just 'thinks' there's value because the opposite play is square and/or the odds are really attractive.

Gus Fring
    Gus Fring's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 745

This guy

sonofben
    sonofben's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 538

I've heard so many definitions of 'square' so I don't really know what a 'square play' is, but can you post more for fading purposes?

Bdolan33
    Bdolan33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2224

whats that song ?

BigDofBA

The Heat and Thunder are both going to end up covering the original spreads by double digits.

Potentate
    Skirred Money
    Potentate's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by sonofben View Post
    I've heard so many definitions of 'square' so I don't really know what a 'square play' is, but can you post more for fading purposes?

Square play =

sonofben
    sonofben's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 538

Quote Originally Posted by Potentate View Post
    Square play =

BigDofBA

I like how OKC is completely destroying this young Rockets team truly making them believe they have zero chance in this series.

No messing around.

Squares up 31, covering the spread by 20.5 points.

gopolks
    gopolks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1690

Yep this si what you have to do, dont let up, destroy them after just one game.

Hadley13
    Hadley13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 576

Here's an idea Wizard, keep your stupid plays to yourself and less people will realize you have the I.Q. of a golden retriever..

El Sol
    El Sol's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1802

Quote Originally Posted by Hadley13 View Post
    Here's an idea Wizard, keep your stupid plays to yourself and less people will realize you have the I.Q. of a golden retriever..
    agree, unless you're hitting 100% on your picks, don't even bother!

BigDofBA

Square Heat win by 23.

Square Thunder win by 29.

Teams aren't double digits favorites in the playoffs for no reason.

vasilli07
    vasilli07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10601

Buried twice in a day.

sarasmith
    sarasmith's Avatar Become A Pro!

Never post again