greenhippo
    greenhippo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 723

My biggest NBA play of the year

Houston Rockets TT Over 100.5.

I posted this play in my picks thread, I can't for the life of me see why this number is so low. Rocket have to win this matchup, they're not going into this thinking they can give this one away. A loss gives them OKC and a win against what a lot of people are saying is a very beatable Spurs squad. Rockets know this and like anyone, they want, no need to win this game. That being said they still can't play a lick of D, which helps them with my bet as they'll need to score in bunches to keep the game in hand. I think Kobe's D will be sorely missed against the likes of Harden who had a terrible game against the Suns, Harden should easily push 30 points tonight. Both teams off yesterday so no worry about fatigue and we saw against the Spurs that Lakers can still manage sufficient points without their leader, you put them against the sieve Houston D and they should also cruise over 100, especially in the close game. I'm betting on it being close through the 4th quarter and both teams needing a ton of points to keep up with the other. That being said I'm choosing Rockets here as even if they have a god awful game (See Suns game) they will most likely breeze over the century mark.

5U Bet

Any comments are appreciated.

Renegades
    Renegades's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22206

Reverse line movement in that game makes me nervous. Total dropped and public is like 80% on the over. All 3 la/hou games went over this year. Last 2 games hou scored 100+ I dunno seems fishy
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: greenhippo

greenhippo

I see exactly what you're talking about, Rockets put up gaudy points when they want to, they don't only want to, they NEED to. Look at the Suns game, if they took care of business then, this wouldn't be needed and they knew it, still couldn't guard for shit.
    When your team can't guard a D-league caliber team in the Suns you need to score to compensate, Lakers sans Kobe is still a better offensive team than the Suns, Rockets will need to keep the pedal to the metal in this one.

J_On_A_Roll
    J_On_A_Roll's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1698

Quote Originally Posted by Renegades View Post
    Reverse line movement in that game makes me nervous. Total dropped and public is like 80% on the over. All 3 la/hou games went over this year. Last 2 games hou scored 100+ I dunno seems fishy
    There is nothing to understand, dwight howard with the most shots equal a low scoring game. they CANNOT let this game get away from them!!

J_On_A_Roll
    J_On_A_Roll's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1698

And everybody talking about offense. If anything Dwight Howard gonna make it defensive if he can.

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

stupidest BET OF THE YEAR ive seen
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: greenhippo

greenhippo

Quote Originally Posted by GoBlue77 View Post
    stupidest BET OF THE YEAR ive seen
    Wrong thread, no one calling in bets in here 'bet of the year'

Had me scared there, I thought you'd use information, stats or whatever to bring something to this thread. Turns out you simply can't read or unable to navigate your web browser to the correct thread to make that statement. God bless you.

pattymayo
    pattymayo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

You seem convinced that the Rockets will win.. why not just take the points?

Renegades
    Renegades's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22206

I hope it hits hippo. I may play it in live play if I can get a better number

greenhippo

Quote Originally Posted by pattymayo View Post
    You seem convinced that the Rockets will win.. why not just take the points?
    Because even if I'm wrong, they'll still be stacking the points to try and get back into the game.