Menses
    Menses's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5815

The Lakers Oragnization does not owe Kobe Bryant Anything....

If they choose to stand by him...its understandable..(name brand/hall of famer)....but if they do not...and choose to amnesty him..this by no means should be considered disloyal. Kobe was NEVER loyal to them....remember folks....This was a man who after winning three championships with a team that raised him from a boy...chose to alienate their Star Player in shaq and their very successful coach in Phil Jackson...he destroyed a dynasty because he simply wanted to be the player who took the most shots....If that is not selfish, I do not know what is....

After they stood by him during the rape trial...and paid all of his traveling expenses, he then had the nerve to name drop Shaq's name to the police about his paying off women to keep their mouths shut about extramarital affairs. He then threatened Jerry Buss and told him in no uncertain terms that Shaq and Phil had to go if he was to stay...And even after Buss chose Kobe, he still threatened to leave the organization if no New talent was brought in after the miserable 2005 campaign where they missed the playoffs for the first time in years....What kind of loyalty is that...?

Just read the excerpts from Phil's book and then ask yourself if the Lakers really owe him anything?

To be completely fair, there were a couple things I did over the years to alienate Kobe. The most glaring example was the interview I gave in 2001 to Rick Telander, a writer I knew in Chicago. Rick asked if I believed Kobe was the heir apparent to Michael Jordan. Assuming, naively in retrospect, that a conversation after the official interview was off the record, I mentioned to Rick that I had been told that in high school Kobe “sabotaged” games to keep them close enough for him to dominate at the end

- Phil Jackson

"
    Since the charges were made, Kobe has been treated remarkably well by the Lakers organization and the fans. He gave his press conference at Staples with our blessing, and we have agree–once we attained permission from the league to make sure the funds wouldn’t be applied to the salary cap–to cover a percentage of his private plane expenses to and from Colorado for court hearings. This will cost thousands of dollars. Kobe was unhappy with the type of plane that was selected; he wanted one with higher status. He should feel fortunate he’s not footing the whole bill himself.”

-Phil Jackson
    This was another example of the basic difference between him and Kobe. Ask Shaq to do something and he’ll say: “No, I don’t want to do that.” But after a little pouting, he will do it. Ask Kobe, and he’ll say “okay,” and then he will do whatever he wants.”
    Kobe’s defense, to be accurate, has faltered in recent years, despite his presence on the league’s all-defensive team. The voters have been seduced by his remarkable athleticism and spectacular steals, but he hasn’t played sound, fundamental defense. Mesmerized by the ball, he’s gambled too frequently, putting us out of position, forcing rotations that leave a man wide open, and doesn’t keep his feet on the ground.”
    After the gun sounded, Kobe went over to Devean, berating him for not calling timeout when the play broke down. Kobe was right but he was wrong to reprimand his teammate on the court, in front of the crowd and the cameras.”
    Worse yet, Kobe and I had gotten into it earlier in the game after he threw a poor pass that Anthony stole, resulting in a Denver layup. “You can’t make that pass,’ I told Kobe when he came off the floor in the next timeout. “Well, you better teach those motherf***ers how to run the offense,” he said. I sat him down on the spot. “Watch your mouth,” I said".

- Phil Jackson

“When I asked Kobe to stop his habit of screaming at his teammates on the court because it creates insecurity, he came right back at me. “That’s bullshit,” he said. “You’re the one that’s causing them to be anxious. They’re afraid to make a mistake.”
    Earlier this week at El Segundo there was an incident at practice. On the way to the court, I asked Kobe, still nursing a sore shoulder, if he was up to doing a little running. Sure, he responded, as soon as he finished his treatment. Almost an hour went by, and there was no Kobe sighting. Finally, with an ice pack on his shoulder, he took a seat on the sideline. It began to dawn on me that contrary to what he had told me, Kobe had no intention of running. After practice I followed Kobe to the training room, asking him why he lied to me. He was being sarcastic, he said. Wrong answer. I told him that he needed to treat me with respect, not sarcasm. I turned and walked away, heading to the coaches’ locker room. A minute later I heard him cursing in the training room in front of the players, though I couldn’t make out the exact words….Now I was the one who was angry. I went upstairs to see Mitch in his office. Wasting no time, I went off on a tirade about the need to deal Kobe before the trading deadline in mid-February. “I won’t coach this team next year if he is still here,” I said emphatically. “He won’t listen to anyone. I’ve had it with this kid.” My monologue-Mitch barely said a word at first-reminded me of similar eruption in the middle of my first year when I presented what I thought was a very logical argument for trading Kobe at that time. “Everyone says what a mature person this kid is,” I said. “He’s not mature at all.” The deal I had in mind was Kobe to Phoenix for Jason Kidd and Shawn Marion.”

- Phil Jackson
    At practice the day before Kobe, who told Vitti that his finger hadn’t healed sufficiently for him to play in the Miami game, was taking a few shots left-handed when I asked him not to be a distraction. I needed to work with the players who would be suiting up. “Distraction,” he said, mockingly, unable to resist taking one more shot. A few hours later, during dinner in Key Biscayne with the staff, Vitti told us that Kobe has been threatening again to opt out of his contract, vowing “to take Slava with me.” Slava? Was this an indication of Kobe’s being totally out of touch with reality? If Kobe was interested in taking along a player who would defer to him, Slava Medvedenko was the worst choice imaginable. He hasn’t passed up a shot since November.”
    Last edited by Menses; 04-17-13 at 09:17 AM.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Ratzz

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

This is a business. If his inclusion on the team next year outweighs the cost of paying his salary, they will keep him. If it don't make dollars it don't make sense.

Rellik
    Rellik's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4386

Lakers will do what's best for the team, regardless of who the player is.

upscope
    upscope's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6685

Seriously Rat Boy, go find a boyfriend would ya??
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: riffraff24

Taka
    Taka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Like it or not, Kobe IS the Lakers as far as the bandwagon is concerned... I don't think they can afford to let him go.

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

Quote Originally Posted by Taka View Post
    Like it or not, Kobe IS the Lakers as far as the bandwagon is concerned... I don't think they can afford to let him go.
    They can if they approach it the way Wilbon suggested. If they sit Kobe down and talk to him about it first. Let him know they are going to amnesty him, think of it as a medical redshirt, save the boatload of cash and bring him back the next year. Of course, I don't think Kobe would see it that way.

Ratzz
    Ratzz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Menses View Post
    If they choose to stand by him...its understandable..(name brand/hall of famer)....but if they do not...and choose to amnesty him..this by no means should be considered disloyal. Kobe was NEVER loyal to them....remember folks....This was a man who after winning three championships with a team that raised him from a boy...chose to alienate their Star Player in shaq and their very successful coach in Phil Jackson...he destroyed a dynasty because he simply wanted to be the player who took the most shots....If that is not selfish, I do not know what is....

After they stood by him during the rape trial...and paid all of his traveling expenses, he then had the nerve to name drop Shaq's name to the police about his paying off women to keep their mouths shut about extramarital affairs. He then threatened Jerry Buss and told him in no uncertain terms that Shaq and Phil had to go if he was to stay...And even after Buss chose Kobe, he still threatened to leave the organization if New talent was brought in after the miserable 2005 campaign where they missed the playoffs for the first time in years....What kind of loyalty is that...?

Just read the excerpts from Phil's book and then ask yourself if the Lakers really owe him anything?
    Kobe really is a self-serving pig.. this post is spot on, kudos for this, well scribed , Menses

Quote Originally Posted by Taka View Post
    not anymore he's not.. when the the consequences of his greedy contract surface and all the Laker fans get over the adrenaline high of his hero ball style of play.. and they see how limited their options are as a result of Kupchak chasing that 6th Ring FOR Princess Kobe.. and all the picks he gave up.. and all the money.. Laker fans will get over HIM IN A SECOND...

they want to advance.. they want fresh blood.. KOBE is OLD... SPENT... WASheD UP.. needs refs too much

Taka
    Taka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

An average Laker fan will not see it that way. It's the same type of person who put Lakers ML -2000 to all their parlays (back when Lakers actually were -2000 every now and then). It's the brand that people care about and Kobe is a big part of that brand. Just check the shirt sales.

Fresh blood... Bobcats have plenty of it.

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by meader99 View Post
    They can if they approach it the way Wilbon suggested. If they sit Kobe down and talk to him about it first. Let him know they are going to amnesty him, think of it as a medical redshirt, save the boatload of cash and bring him back the next year. Of course, I don't think Kobe would see it that way.
    there is no way in hell kobe would accept being amnestied
    he would see that as an embarassment and he would 100% not resign
    if they they that to kobe, watch him go to the clippers for the minimum

what is really going to be interesting is whether or not the lakers will resign him after next year
    dwights decision will definately affect what happens with kobe
    also curious as to how much $$ kobe will be looking for if indeed he resigns

PS3
    Keyser Soze
    PS3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2795

Nice one Ratzz...
    Points Awarded:

riffraff24 gave PS3 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: ShogunRua

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

supposedly next season will be kobes last one.

lakers would be foolish not to amnesty him, my guess is they dont.

Menses

Quote Originally Posted by thetrinity View Post
    supposedly next season will be kobes last one.

lakers would be foolish not to amnesty him, my guess is they dont.
    The Buss Kids don't have the stomach for it....Cuban or Kraft would do it in a heartbeat...

Ratzz

Quote Originally Posted by upscope View Post
    Seriously Rat Boy, go find a boyfriend would ya??
    i love it that these cats actually think that a person might go to the trouble create a ghost,
    and echo one's own sentiments and opinions..

as though:

1) all this sports were as relevant as politics, per se
    2) as though not more than one person may take a position of dissent*
    regarding the sparkling name-brand franchise of the NBA (based on numbers/fans)

Quote Originally Posted by PS3 View Post
    Nice one Ratzz...
    i recognize that Riff, Walters, Upscope, count as 3 knuckleheads, and not one..
    (Menses, and jsmith as well understand that the above mention three are not the same person)..
    why automatically assume that Menses, JSmith and myself are one individual?..
    (simply because we share the same view on some basketball mattters).

this reminds me of Karl Rove predicting Romney in a landslide.
    Complete inability to understand the possibility*of the opposite view/standpoint.*
    Last edited by Ratzz; 04-17-13 at 01:51 PM.

Ratzz

*Just read the excerpts from Phil's book and then ask yourself if the Lakers really owe him anything?
    everybody should read every word of the above quotes by Phil Jackson..

it screams the reality of day-to-day stress playing alongside Kobe

i know many here just look at that amount of words and run away... but that will not lead to greater understanding of the fundamental problems he creates for his teammates..

i have noticed for years that he plays up for the camera..

if a teammate makes a mistake (and who hasn't?).. he runs over (draws attention) and scolds hi as they returns to the bench..

if a teammate makes a great play.. he runs over. nodding his head as if to say "see.. i told you that would work" *

riffraff24
    ...and out come the wolves
    riffraff24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

You obsessed with that boy ratz....which tells me what he saying making a bit more sense than you would rather care to admit...put that dude on ignore if you really believe he talking nonsense......your name speaks volumes....talk a lot with nothing to back it up.....with ya corny ass av.....
    Hey rat shit aka menses. You forgot to try to talk like you're black to go with the "i'm a black guy from toronto" BS. Maybe you should join bleek88 and start making dating site profiles. Might help you out a bit bro!

SpreadSniper
    SpreadSniper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7261

wow - this is some deranged shit here.

Menses

Quote Originally Posted by riffraff24 View Post
    Hey rat shit aka menses. You forgot to try to talk like you're black to go with the "i'm a black guy from toronto" BS. Maybe you should join bleek88 and start making dating site profiles. Might help you out a bit bro!
    I am sure there is somebody on the site that can trace my ip....it will show Toronto....they do it at the RX forum all the time....Would love to see you in the street...and to see the look on your pale face when we meet.....tough guy internet clowns...you gotta love em....

Menses

Quote Originally Posted by Ratzz View Post
    i love it that these cats actually think that a person might go to the trouble create a ghost,
    and echo one's own sentiments and opinions..

as though:

1) all this sports were as relevant as politics, per se
    2) as though not more than one person may take a position of dissent*
    regarding the sparkling name-brand franchise of the NBA (based on numbers/fans)

i recognize that Riff, Walters, Upscope, count as 3 knuckleheads, and not one..
    (Menses, and jsmith as well understand that the above mention three are not the same person)..
    why automatically assume that Menses, JSmith and myself are one individual?..
    (simply because we share the same view on some basketball mattters).

this reminds me of Karl Rove predicting Romney in a landslide.
    Complete inability to understand the possibility*of the opposite view/standpoint.*
    I dun really buy their assumptions...much easier to assume we are the same person than acknowledge that what we are saying has been correct...straw man tactics..

Menses

Quote Originally Posted by Ratzz View Post
    everybody should read every word of the above quotes by Phil Jackson..

it screams the reality of day-to-day stress playing alongside Kobe

i know many here just look at that amount of words and run away... but that will not lead to greater understanding of the fundamental problems he creates for his teammates..

i have noticed for years that he plays up for the camera..

if a teammate makes a mistake (and who hasn't?).. he runs over (draws attention) and scolds hi as they returns to the bench..

if a teammate makes a great play.. he runs over. nodding his head as if to say "see.. i told you that would work" *
    I knew Kobe was a problem...but after reading Phil's book.......it really open my eyes.....this guy is right up there with the all time NBA douches like Isiah..Jordan.....etc......this man sabotaged a dynasty...albeit a ref assisted one....a dynasty nonetheless because he wanted to shoot 50 times a game...lol......incredible...

riffraff24

I am sure there is somebody on the site that can trace my ip....it will show Toronto....they do it at the RX forum all the time....Would love to see you in the street...and to see the look on your pale face when we meet.....tough guy internet clowns...you gotta love em....
    Awww rattz you're adorable. I would love to see you on the street as well. Your mean streets of Toronto lmao. Come to LA and be a corner hoe like yo mama

riffraff24

btw - i'm at every Laker home game. So once your mom slangs enough ass to buy you a nose bleed ticket hit me up. I'll buy you a beer for your Laker-loving efforts

upscope
    upscope's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6685

I like the way Rat boy/Menses puts multiple periods after each sentence on both accounts.

btw....JSmith is actually his own person. Rat boy/Menses are 100% without a doubt the same person

riffraff24

I like the way Rat boy/Menses puts multiple periods after each sentence on both accounts.

btw....JSmith is actually his own person. Rat boy/Menses are 100% without a doubt the same person
    Yup. And "Menses" stopped with his random Bolds and Colors once he was called out on it. lol. pathetic

Menses

LOL...I put that other fella on ignore cuz he corny.....but because I like your av..Im a give you a pass this one time....but believe you me when I tell you.....we ain't even close to being the same person...cuz I suspect Ratz be white...lol...and i ain't.......run the trace...it going to point to Roger network in Toronto Canada.....maybe one of the MODS can do it.......yes folks....folks out there really do hate Kobe as much as that boy ratz....lol