chargers4222
    chargers4222's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8926

While Insensitive, There is Something to Be Said About Celtics/Knicks Post-Bombings..

I liked the Celtics in this series to begin with purely based on talent and overall skill of the teams. KG and Pierce own the Knicks. The Knicks are a B-team that cannot do anything when they don't hit their threes, especially if Chandler is hurt or out entirely. I picked the Celtics to reach the Finals before the season started but, with Rondo out and the Heat playing at the highest level for any pro sports team I can remember, I will go with the Heat to win it all. However, can you honestly imagine the Knicks beating the Celtics even once in this series at TD Garden? Celtics will certainly win at least 1 at MSG. Basketball-wise, JET is being slept on as far as clutchness (got a Celtics championship tattoo) and Jeff Green is the perfect defender to limit Melo. Boston will be playing these games for the marathon victims. It is a perfect storm.

Celtics in 6.

Bdolan33
    Bdolan33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2224

Quote Originally Posted by chargers4222 View Post
    Boston will be playing these games for the marathon victims.
    Celtics in 6.

gambler705
    gambler705's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2364

Knicks only went 2-0 in Boston this year. You have no penetrating clueand should not be gambling

Quote Originally Posted by chargers4222 View Post
    I liked the Celtics in this series to begin with purely based on talent and overall skill of the teams. KG and Pierce own the Knicks. The Knicks are a B-team that cannot do anything when they don't hit their threes, especially if Chandler is hurt or out entirely. I picked the Celtics to reach the Finals before the season started but, with Rondo out and the Heat playing at the highest level for any pro sports team I can remember, I will go with the Heat to win it all. However, can you honestly imagine the Knicks beating the Celtics even once in this series at TD Garden? Celtics will certainly win at least 1 at MSG. Basketball-wise, JET is being slept on as far as clutchness (got a Celtics championship tattoo) and Jeff Green is the perfect defender to limit Melo. Boston will be playing these games for the marathon victims. It is a perfect storm.

Celtics in 6.

aireent777
    aireent777's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10732

I hate to say this but WTF has the bombings got to do with these games?

GzaTheGenius
    GzaTheGenius's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15193

You're crazy man, the Knicks are stacked. Gonna be a Miami New York eastern conference final IMO

RDUBS
    RDUBS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 917

Im sitting here in Boston and could care less about the Celtics, Bruins or Red Sox right now. Im on SBR trying to get a break from watching the news. Im not sure how much energy the Celtics have considering an 8 year old was killed within walking distance of the Garden and we still have no clue who the hell did this. "Perfect Storm"??? Come on man??? Just because you threw up a disclaimer saying your post was insensitive still makes it inappropriate. God Bless America.

chargers4222

The Knicks are stacked? Yes, starting Earl Barron is truly the sign of a dynasty. They cannot play defense. And the poster who brought up the point about the Knicks being 2-0 against the Celtics is totally right...I mean, bet on them every game then. They won 2 so they will win every single game they ever play against Boston, right? Right?

chargers4222

Celtics are the better team in the first place. This is just David Stern's way of qualifying it.

chargers4222

I am from New York and have watched probably 70 Knicks games in their entirety this year. I would take any Eastern Conference playoff team over them in a series besides the Bucks and Nets and the Bucks would take them to 7 games. Also, the Lakers will face the Clippers in the Western Conference Finals.

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

celtics in 7

chargers4222

After looking at how one-sided I think the other 3 Eastern series will be, I changed my pick to Celts in 7 instead of 6. Stern needs some kind of excitement out of the East.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

I hate the Knicks and respect what the C's have done through the years, but I think Boston has a better chance of getting swept than winning this series.

chargers4222

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    I hate the Knicks and respect what the C's have done through the years, but I think Boston has a better chance of getting swept than winning this series.
    Ok.

chargers4222

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    You watch basketball or no?