easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

at this point NBA is unbettable until the playoffs start

good teams resting players while bad teams trying to lose games in hopes of a better draft pick and it very difficult to determine which team actually shows up. Very few teams still playing with motivation. Might not make another bet before tip off until the playoffs.

pattymayo
    pattymayo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

Not much different than a random Monday in December

It's the fukkin NBA nobody has a clue what team will show up ever

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Just fade yourself

bubblebuttluv
    Derek Jeter, the best shortstop ever.
    bubblebuttluv's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1897

Quote Originally Posted by pattymayo View Post
    Not much different than a random Monday in December

It's the fukkin NBA nobody has a clue what team will show up ever
    This.

NBA is inherently the hardest sport to handicap because the stats never tell the story. The NBA is both scripted and full of athletes who only choose to show up sometimes. What is the best looking bet coming up: The Heat ML to beat the Bucks. Why ML? NBA players can never ever be trusted to give a damn to beat a spread. What makes the Heat ML bet a potentially complete disaster? The Heat getting beat at the buzzer and Lebron saying "There is always tomorrow night, my nig."

Frisco
    Frisco's Avatar Become A Pro!

Not worth large wagers but gamblers need action. I'd rather play blackjack all night either way

Tomasaurus
    Tomasaurus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7965

This is more of a reason to bet it rather than to fade it. The NBA playoffs should theoretically be impossible to cap successfully because there are more constants like you say and thus more stability. As a result if your a book you should be able to make much tighter lines. I would think that the NBA playoffs on sites like pinnacle or 5Dimes would have some of the most unbeatable lines of all sports for that year.

One spot where lines can be a bit more swingy is a time like now, like if your a book what line is more difficult to create; one where 2 teams are at full strength off reasonable rest and playing as hard as they can; or one where one or two of the best players are sitting, the team has little to play for, coming off end of season back to backs etc

In the playoffs its pretty much impossible to get an edge on a book so why would that make NBA betting easier?

Frisco
    Frisco's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Tomasaurus View Post
    This is more of a reason to bet it rather than to fade it. The NBA playoffs should theoretically be impossible to cap successfully because there are more constants like you say and thus more stability. As a result if your a book you should be able to make much tighter lines. I would think that the NBA playoffs on sites like pinnacle or 5Dimes would have some of the most unbeatable lines of all sports for that year.

One spot where lines can be a bit more swingy is a time like now, like if your a book what line is more difficult to create; one where 2 teams are at full strength off reasonable rest and playing as hard as they can; or one where one or two of the best players are sitting, the team has little to play for, coming off end of season back to backs etc

In the playoffs its pretty much impossible to get an edge on a book so why would that make NBA betting easier?
    Lines are difficult to set and games are difficult to cap. Very few edges in betting these end of the year games unlike some of the earlier season games where you could really pick your spots.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

I disagree. I actually feel like I do much better in the last few weeks of play. We all know which teams are playing for a seed or to get in the playoffs and which teams are tanking to get the overall #1 pick