mcduggly
    mcduggly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2401

Who is better in 4 years?

In 4 years, who will be the better (possibly best) point guard in the league, Kyrie Irving or Damian Lillard? Both have huge potential and are already showing they can play at an extremely high level, so watching these guys grow will be fun to watch. I'm a Cavs fan, so I'm a little biased, but Damian Lillard has been impressive to say the least.

BigDeem5
    2013-2016 NBA: 461-378-24 +52.65u
    BigDeem5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2158

Irving... Lillard can't drive and finish like Irving, both have solid jump shots

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Irving. Not even close.

mcduggly

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Irving. Not even close.
    Really? Lillard put up numbers that only 2 other guys in history have done in their rookie seasons.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21641

Irving. But if he's still stuck on Cleveland and they don't help him, it will be hard to tell.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by mcduggly View Post
    Really? Lillard put up numbers that only 2 other guys in history have done in their rookie seasons.
    He's also playing with a legitimate big man.

It's not just about the numbers either. Portland has somehow gotten worse with Lillard at the point this year. Starting to wonder if he has Monte Ellis disease.

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

Irving. Not even close.
    this, Lillard needs to show he can be consistent over multiple seasons.Irving already a top 7-8 PG in the league

mcduggly

Quote Originally Posted by easyliving View Post
    this, Lillard needs to show he can be consistent over multiple seasons.Irving already a top 7-8 PG in the league
    Top 7 or 8? I think he's in the top 5 right now. I think Lillard is in the 7-8 range.

Sport_Fish
    Sport_Fish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2039

Quote Originally Posted by mcduggly View Post
    Top 7 or 8? I think he's in the top 5 right now. I think Lillard is in the 7-8 range.
    Irving is top 5 material but I don't think u can put him there quite yet - maybe in a couple years.

He still has much to prove and at the end of the day, he's still just putting up stats on a shitty Cavs team. You can't put him in the same category as teh other PG's who have proved themselves already to some extent (i.e. CP3, Rondo, Rose, Parker, Westbrook and even Harden)

GzaTheGenius
    GzaTheGenius's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15193

Irving IMO if he doesn't end up being injury prone every season. He will get a great deal on a contending team once his contract runs up, hopefully he ends up the Knicks

vyomguy
    vyomguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 234

Irving by a mile.

Lillard put up crazy numbers because he played ton of minutes. I think he is top 3 in the league in terms of minutes played.

When you play ton of minutes, you are going to put up numbers.

As far as who is better, irving is way better...not even close.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1818

Lilliard takes like 16 shots a game, 42% is supposed to be impressive?

Anyone who takes a lot of shots and plays a lot of minutes puts up decent numbers.

Team just lost 11 in a row and its not like they have bad team. Actually decent starting 5.
    He's basically Brandon Jennings. Never win anything unless he plays a small role on a real team led by other Superstars.

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

They are both scrubs. Look at their team. Both are stat sluts that don't make their teams better.

greenhippo
    greenhippo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 723

Will be closer than most people think. Irving will be the more Chris Paul type player, Lillard should start the transition into a SG and he'd be more like a poor man's Harden (not at all a bad thing). Lillard is only shooting .025 worse than Irving, not exactly a large gap there.

mcduggly

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    Lilliard takes like 16 shots a game, 42% is supposed to be impressive?

Anyone who takes a lot of shots and plays a lot of minutes puts up decent numbers.

Team just lost 11 in a row and its not like they have bad team. Actually decent starting 5.
    He's basically Brandon Jennings. Never win anything unless he plays a small role on a real team led by other Superstars.
    He's a rookie. If those stats don't impress you, you need to start watching basketball.

Frisco
    Frisco's Avatar Become A Pro!

Kemba Walker

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by TwoWays View Post
    They are both scrubs. Look at their team. Both are stat sluts that don't make their teams better.
    Agree re: Lillard. They've gone from 28-38 without him to 33-48 with him, which makes no sense given the "great" numbers he puts up.

Hard to judge Kyrie given the awful players around him right now.

Frisco
    Frisco's Avatar Become A Pro!

Agree re: Lillard. They've gone from 28-38 without him to 33-48 with him, which makes no sense given the "great" numbers he puts up.

Hard to judge Kyrie given the awful players around him right now.
    Him getting put back in Duke's lineup probably cost them a title. Killed the teams chemistry

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by easyliving View Post
    the only thing consistent about kyrie is his name in the injury report
    but hes a better talent

Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13365

Most likely Lillard. Hasn't shown signs of injuries yet, makes good decisions, good shooter, still a ton of upside. Kyrie is a great PG as well but plays with too much emotion Lillard is just calm and collected and ready to win.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by Git Lo View Post
    Most likely Lillard. Hasn't shown signs of injuries yet, makes good decisions, good shooter, still a ton of upside. Kyrie is a great PG as well but plays with too much emotion Lillard is just calm and collected and ready to win.
    Well then why isn't he? There's no reason for that team to only have 33 wins.

ebbearsfb1
    ebbearsfb1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1694

could come down to a matter of: can kyrie stay on the court?

can have all the talent in the world but if your always hurt the talent wont matter

k4cowboys4k
    k4cowboys4k's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

I can agree that Kyrie has had a multitude of injuries, but to the extent of missing games due to injury he has only had one in the NBA that could not be accredited to the cavs being out of contention and being extra cautious with their star player.

TwoWays

Now Kyrie loses to Norris Cole and the bench of Miami. Kyrie been resting pretty much most of the year. Cole been logging heavy minutes past few weeks. Tell me how "great" Kyrie is?

mcduggly

Now Kyrie loses to Norris Cole and the bench of Miami. Kyrie been resting pretty much most of the year. Cole been logging heavy minutes past few weeks. Tell me how "great" Kyrie is?
    You have a guy who is showing his coach what he has so he can get some minutes in the playoffs compared to a guy who isn't sniffing the payoffs and has a depleted team.

BigDeem5
    2013-2016 NBA: 461-378-24 +52.65u
    BigDeem5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2158

Kyrie needs to add 5-10 lbs of muscle and he will be less injury prone. Already a top 3 PG

pronk
    pronk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Who says he's great? If you let middle aged Allen with a bunch of rejects beat you on your home floor in your team's last home game of the season - YOU ARE A NO GOOD BUM to say the least.

KingJD31
    KingJD31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7042

Tough call

Hotpicks
    Relaxing with experience
    Hotpicks's Avatar Become A Pro!

Irving. Not even close.
    Absolutely, Irving will be around for sometime and be very productive. Tho he's gotta stay on the court to make it happen. I hope he doesn't miss 20+ games a season. I have a slight feeling he may. Even so he is better than Lillard. Would like to see a LBJ return to Cleveland in the next couple years and partner with a healthy Irving.
    I'm sure Mcduggly - you would like that as well.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Irving is better but Lillard has a more durable body and has the right muscle tone and athleticism to play in the nba for a minimum of 10 years. Irving needs to get in the gym and tone that body or he'll have trouble lasting in the league. Overall Irving is a much more talented player. He has a CP3 like handle with the same deadly spot up jumper. Defensively he is no CP3 but he has the potential to get there. He's deadly in the 4th quarter and can will a team to victory.

If Irving can play 65+ games per year for the next 8-11 years, there's no doubt in my mind he will go down as one of the best PGs in NBA history. The guy is almost a replica of Chris Paul at a young age. Chris Paul is already one of the best PG in history and if he can somehow stay productive for the next 5 years and add a championship to his resume he will go down as a top 7 PG in history.

I can't say the same for Lillard although I need to see what else he can do.

Hotpicks
    Relaxing with experience

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Irving is better but Lillard has a more durable body and has the right muscle tone and athleticism to play in the nba for a minimum of 10 years. Irving needs to get in the gym and tone that body or he'll have trouble lasting in the league. Overall Irving is a much more talented player. He has a CP3 like handle with the same deadly spot up jumper. Defensively he is no CP3 but he has the potential to get there. He's deadly in the 4th quarter and can will a team to victory.

If Irving can play 65+ games per year for the next 8-11 years, there's no doubt in my mind he will go down as one of the best PGs in NBA history. The guy is almost a replica of Chris Paul at a young age. Chris Paul is already one of the best PG in history and if he can somehow stay productive for the next 5 years and add a championship to his resume he will go down as a top 7 PG in history.

well said

TwoWays

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post

That's a bunch of horseshit.
    Points Awarded:

Untied gave TwoWays 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

BennyBigNuts
    BennyBigNuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1078

Irving in a landslide. If this guy ever gets a teammate to help him it's gonna be a wrap and that team will start winning games. But also, obviously Irving has a massive problem staying healthy.
    He definitely has done more than I expected already. Kid is a one man show on that team. Lillard is special, but they aren't the same type of players though.
    Irving is a baby Derrick Rose IMO, he's fearless and will go at anyone, and will be a top 3 PG in the NBA in a year or 2 if he can just stay off the injured sheet.

Hotpicks
    Relaxing with experience

That's a bunch of horseshit.
    No- it's closer to factual and well written. Dude knows what he is talking about. But everyone is entitled to their opinion, but one thing that is certain- facts are facts and opinions are just that. My opinion- he is dead on spot with his analysis of each player.
    Again well said

TwoWays

Quote Originally Posted by Hotpicks View Post
    No- it's closer to factual and well written. Dude knows what he is talking about. But everyone is entitled to their opinion, but one thing that is certain- facts are facts and opinions are just that. My opinion- he is dead on spot with his analysis of each player.
    Again well said
    lol, comparing irving to cp3. win some games. take your team to the playoffs. Do what Paul did when he was on the Hornets. Stat sluts.

12 Last