Willie Bee
    Willie Bee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 305

Marc Lawrence: Look for Lakers to get back on winning track

Look for Lakers to get back on winning track

Game Time: 12/27/2006 7:00:00 PM

By: Marc Lawrence
    Marc Lawrence's Playbook: Free and Guaranteed Picks

Coming off their loss to the Miami Heat on Christmas Day, the Los Angeles Lakers continue their Florida road swing in Orlando this evening against the Magic. With a solid record against the spread in the series, the Lakers as slight road dogs are the right play in the 7:00 PM tipoff at TD Wanterhouse Centre.

The Lakers continue their swing through Florida knowing they are 22-8-1 ATS in this series against the Magic, including 12-5 ATS in Orlando and 6-1 ATS without rest.

Los Angeles (18-10) was no match for Miami on Christmas Day, coming out flat and falling behind 14 points in the first quarter on their way to a 101-85 loss. The Heat's Dwyane Wade went off for 40 points, including 15-of-16 from the charity stripe, while the Lakers' Kobe Bryant was held to 16 points on 4-of-17 shooting from the field.

Orlando (17-12) comes into this one having lost their last two home games, including a sloppy 117-108 performance against Golden State last Friday as 5-point favorites. The Magic have failed to reach 90 points in nine of their last 10 games, the only exception being that loss to the Warriors.

Look for Los Angeles to get back on the winning track here tonight.

Play: Lakers +1

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

This extended road trip over the holiday season is going to catch up with the Lakers in this spot. Needless to say I'm liking the Magic in this game myself.

Checkerboard
    Checkerboard's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14461

and Jack Nicholson doesn't travel with them either . . .

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Checkerboard
    and Jack Nicholson doesn't travel with them either . . .
    Your liking the Magic too I take it bud