BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

No one should be happy Kobe tore his achilles

I don't like the guy but you want to see the best play. Kobe is a top 10 player of all time.

As a fan, I want OKC to play a Lakers team that has Kobe. It takes away from beating them if he isn't in the lineup.

Menses
    Menses's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5815

I agree...i am not happy he got hurt....his coach is to blame...and for that alone he should be fired at the end of the season

bubblebuttluv
    Derek Jeter, the best shortstop ever.
    bubblebuttluv's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1897

The only way D'Antoni gets fired is if Jim Buss sucks it up and allows the man who is absolutely railing his sister on the reg, Phil Jackson, come back and coach the squad.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

I agree with you. However I see it in a different light as well. The Lakers have been an ATM and I don't think that would have changed until they clinched that 8 seed. Now there's absolutely no way I bet them without Kobe. Guess Ill have to focus on Thunder games and fading LakerBoy

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

Yep really sucks. Kobe in the playoffs is one of a kind. I used to hate Kobe, but watching him recently I've learned to really appreciate him.

RAVENSFAN
    RAVENSFAN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 268

Top 5* lol
    But now only thing I can hope for is Lakers still make it in and take out the Thunder WITHOUT Kobe. BigD would be CHOKED if that happens haha

BigDofBA

If anything, it gives all those people that were making stupid predictions on the Lakers an out after they lose.

The Kraken

The lakers couldn't beat Louisville with Kobe

Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

Quote Originally Posted by bubblebuttluv View Post
    The only way D'Antoni gets fired is if Jim Buss sucks it up and allows the man who is absolutely railing his sister on the reg, Phil Jackson, come back and coach the squad.
    mustve lost a shitload of cash over year on lakers to have all this hate

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

this injury pretty much ruins the lakers next year, possibly the next couple years
    howard will most likely leave
    kobe out for the year + 30million in dead weight contract
    gasol on the last year of his contract next year
    steve nash is another year older
    no draft picks, no cap room,

Tomasaurus
    Tomasaurus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7965

Tbh is pretty sad that so many people are happy one of the all time greats could be forced out of the NBA due to injury

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    The lakers couldn't beat Louisville with Kobe
    you're embarrassing yourself

Sport_Fish
    Sport_Fish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2039

I just realized how badly this killed the whole "western conference playoff hunt"

These last two games of LA and Utah were gonna be so sick and have such massive implications, but now its all gone down the drain pretty much.

Sure Utah still needs to win 1, most likely both, but that intensity is not there anymore in this 4-game mini-playoff series we were gonna have.

Having said that, still hard to say if Utah will auto. make it now. If LA can win just 1 of the next 2, Utah has to win both theirs. And I don't believe they can do that, considering they barely beat Wolves at home

Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

Quote Originally Posted by Sport_Fish View Post
    I just realized how badly this killed the whole "western conference playoff hunt"

These last two games of LA and Utah were gonna be so sick and have such massive implications, but now its all gone down the drain pretty much.

Sure Utah still needs to win 1, most likely both, but that intensity is not there anymore in this 4-game mini-playoff series we were gonna have.

Having said that, still hard to say if Utah will auto. make it now. If LA can win just 1 of the next 2, Utah has to win both theirs. And I don't believe they can do that, considering they barely beat Wolves at home
    I still expect the Lakers to make it. If the Grizzlies play their guys they will smash Utah at home. Hell, Utah could even lose both games. They're 12-27 on the road

Other guys have to step up like they did in that Indy game where Kobe tried in the first quarter but couldn't do it.

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Sport_Fish View Post

lakers might lose both games ................
    spurs and rockets are gonna attack poor steve blake and whoever they put in at SG

PS3
    Keyser Soze
    PS3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2795

How can anyone be happy about his injury? I feel bad for Lakers. They can't catch a break with all the injuries.

dmncnlou
    dmncnlou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9993

It's sports. Players get hurt. No need to get sentimental.

RetardStrength
    RetardStrength's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6729

I'm just pissed because for the first time all season, I had been able to bet the Lakers and know pretty much for sure they'd cover. Now with Kobe out, the NBA has no reason to keep the Lakers around this season.

SportsTerminator
    SportsTerminator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 810

This is a sad day for basketball... It's better if the Jazz win the 8th seed because the Lakers will get sweep.

SportsTerminator
    SportsTerminator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 810

This also adds more drama to the Dwight Howard free agency...

The Kraken

Quote Originally Posted by RetardStrength View Post
    I'm just pissed because for the first time all season, I had been able to bet the Lakers and know pretty much for sure they'd cover. Now with Kobe out, the NBA has no reason to keep the Lakers around this season.

frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

As much as I hate the Lakers, I would of really enjoyed seeing Kobe get his man hood taken by Westbrook and Durant in the 1st round while making fun of these Laker bandwagon fans here at SBR. Now, the Lakers will not even make the playoffs.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Completely agree BigDof I cannot stand the arrogant, selfish asshole myself. However this is not a good thing at all and takes some excitement from 1 first rnd series for sure. Now we get a Kobeless Lakers, or the Jazz oh boy! Wish there was some way that Stern could make amazing happen for Mavs at this point.

Frisco
    Frisco's Avatar Become A Pro!

Not a Lakers fan but have always really respected Kobe. This injury does make it a little more interesting to see whether they amnesty him to save some money

BigDofBA

Now Westbrook. FML