SBRforum Staff
    SBRforum Staff's Avatar Become A Pro!

Larry Ness: Heat -5½ vs Warriors

Heat -5½ vs Warriors

Game Time: 12/23/2006 7:30:00 PM

By: Larry Ness
    10starpicks.com - Home

Rested and with D-Wade healthy, play the Miami Heat at home this evening versus the Golden State Warriors.

The Warriors lost the first three games of this current road trip to fall to 1-9 on the road. However, they beat the Celtics 96-95 on Wednesday and won in Orlando last night, 117-108.

Golden State wraps up their trip tonight in Miami against the Heat. While of course the Heat are still without Shaquille O'Neal, Golden St's injuries may be more significant to this game. Troy Murphy remains out and Mickael Pietrus (14.0-5.4), who left last night's game, is listed as doubtful here.

Jason Richardson is expected to play, but he continues his season-long shooting woes. His scoring average is down almost 10 PPG from the last two seasons and he enters this game shooting just 38.2%. After missing eight games with knee problems, he's scored a total of just 20 points in the three games since his return, shooting 8-of-34.

Dwyane Wade's (28.6-4.7-8.0) tooth problems are behind him and the rested Heat (last played on Wed.) should have few problems here. Take Miami.

Play: Heat -5½

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

The heat is the way I'd play this game as well, but I'm passing on it personally.

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Golden State has really played well on the road lately, so I would lean towards them tonight.