OhMyEli
    OhMyEli's Avatar Become A Pro!

GENTLEMEN BE ON ALERT (Lakers v. Memphis Fri 4/5)

Los Angeles Lakers + home + weekend night + close in the playoff hunt = Save your money... despite Memphis being a vastly superior team. If I didn't have a social life I'd stay home to watch how rigged the NBA can make a game.

I wish there was a Free Throw prop because anyone who comes near Kobe or Dwight will get a shooting foul.

The NBA does not like to let crucial games like these get away. Kobe knows the league wants him to win and he's going to drive and shoot with the knowledge that the refs will bail out the team if he is a little cold.

YOU HAVE ALL BEEN WARNED, I DONT WANT TO SEE A THREAD BITCHING ABOUT THE RIGGED GAME. YOU KNOW WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN.

This is a no play, Memphis is a better team all round, but its impossible to account for the refs adding free throws and shifting momentum on the Lakers.

nelsonrc24
    nelsonrc24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1089

my money's on the lakers moslty cuz i agree with you

Sport_Fish
    Sport_Fish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2039

Yup...Lakers may be the easiest play we've seen in quite some time.

Utah (should) get a win tomorrow which means Lakers HAVE to win to keep up and hold their 8th spot.

Other than help from the refs...i think we should see this team play their best and if they do, they should get it done - its not like the Grizz are an offensive powerhouse.

ANGRYBLACK
    ANGRYBLACK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 259

I just don't see the Lakeshow beating the Grizz. Even with the help from the refs...

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2264

lakers last five games free throw advantage
    33-12
    26-16
    39-22
    38-30
    36-19
    Love seeing the nba decide who they want in the playoffs rather then who should be

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

I don't watch every Laker game in fact probably only 10-12 all year long. But yes I do agree that L.A. gets the treatment and def will down the stretch in crunchtime. However you also have to look at things objectively. They have a big moron who teams love to play "hack a dope" with ala Shaq cause he is a major liability at the line and can get 15/20 attempts on his own in any game as a result of the opponent using this strategy. Seriously would you rather give Dwight a dunk on a quick spin move on the baseline for an easy 2 or... make a guy who looks as challenged as a special needs kid in a 3 legged race earn them at the free throw line by hacking him? But yes aside from that point I do realize the NBA is corrupt and choreagraphed to some degree and they will make some exceptions to get what makes the $$.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Just thinking about it makes me laugh. But seriously was there anything ever funnier than watching Shaq shoot a ft? They changed so many rules for this big marginally talented dope that relied on size and power more than talent so he would not foul out of every game by half. But shooting ft's... mouth open, puzzled look on his face, horrific form, ending with taking a step over the line on most attempts.

OhMyEli

Quote Originally Posted by Sport_Fish View Post
    Yup...Lakers may be the easiest play we've seen in quite some time.

Utah (should) get a win tomorrow which means Lakers HAVE to win to keep up and hold their 8th spot.

Other than help from the refs...i think we should see this team play their best and if they do, they should get it done - its not like the Grizz are an offensive powerhouse.

No offense pal but how many times have books cashed with people using this rationale. The Lakers just simply ARE NOT that good. They look good on paper but we are almost all the way thru the season and they have yet to string along anything, and especially against good opponents.
    How many other times have they "needed to win a game" and come up flat? If you're going to bet on the Lakers don't bet on them because you think they are a playoff caliber basketball team (they are not).

Vinnie Paz
    Vinnie Paz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3413

Simple solution....

Take Memphis first half

Brebos
    Brebos's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 271

I'm putting my house on the lakers ML

Sport_Fish
    Sport_Fish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2039

Quote Originally Posted by OhMyEli View Post

No offense pal but how many times have books cashed with people using this rationale. The Lakers just simply ARE NOT that good. They look good on paper but we are almost all the way thru the season and they have yet to string along anything, and especially against good opponents.
    How many other times have they "needed to win a game" and come up flat? If you're going to bet on the Lakers don't bet on them because you think they are a playoff caliber basketball team (they are not).
    Well I agree that they've had other very important games that they've come up short...but I think that rationale will work now because the time has come where each game is literally a must-win, esp if Utah keeps pace with them. Before, even if they lost, they weren't in immediate danger of missing the playoffs - now they truly are.

And just because Memphis is the better team doesn't mean they'll win this game. How many times have we seen a bad team beat a much better team than them? As bad as Lakers are, they are still capable of beating Memphis, at home, on a good day and this will be one of those days. And some assistance from the refs will not hurt as well.

aireent777
    aireent777's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10732

One word. S-T-E-R-N.

Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

Lakers are not a playoff caliber team? And Utah are?

7 game series between the Lakers and Utah Utah would win 1 game, maybe 2.

OhMyEli

Quote Originally Posted by Seto View Post
    Lakers are not a playoff caliber team? And Utah are?

7 game series between the Lakers and Utah Utah would win 1 game, maybe 2.
    The Lakers are .5 games up on the last spot. Also look at their record against playoff teams, or on the road, or anything really, the team is garbage. I know its hard to admit about your team but its true.

riffraff24
    ...and out come the wolves
    riffraff24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

This was the exact same case a few weeks ago when they lost to the Wizards at home on a Friday night.

riffraff24

The Lakers are .5 games up on the last spot. Also look at their record against playoff teams, or on the road, or anything really, the team is garbage. I know its hard to admit about your team but its true.
    Look at the Lakers record pre vs post-all star break. They are not the same team they were in the first 40 games.

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

I like Refs -2.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: riffraff24

Brebos
    Brebos's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 271

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy88 View Post
    I like Refs -2.
    Sharp as phuck!!!

Ratzz
    Ratzz's Avatar Become A Pro!

YOU HAVE ALL BEEN WARNED, I DONT WANT TO SEE A THREAD BITCHING ABOUT THE RIGGED GAME. YOU KNOW WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN.
    this game will be rigged from the get-go..

watch the Free Throw count.. as well as technicals.. (exception to Kobe)
    he gets them for berating refs after a poor shot

LAKERS win yet another rigged affair,.. and the entire NBA is aware of the arrangement now.
    Which is sad, because it will keep very solid players from signing with teams in cities with smaller populations.

City size, is money in the bank. the only way for small markets to win, is to draft great players that
    are cool guys, and do not require "bright lights, big city''... players that do not wear bling..

Kevin Durant. basically.. maybe Kylie irving next.

Menses
    Menses's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5815

Los Angeles Lakers + home + weekend night + close in the playoff hunt = Save your money... despite Memphis being a vastly superior team. If I didn't have a social life I'd stay home to watch how rigged the NBA can make a game.

I wish there was a Free Throw prop because anyone who comes near Kobe or Dwight will get a shooting foul.

The NBA does not like to let crucial games like these get away. Kobe knows the league wants him to win and he's going to drive and shoot with the knowledge that the refs will bail out the team if he is a little cold.

This is a no play, Memphis is a better team all round, but its impossible to account for the refs adding free throws and shifting momentum on the Lakers.
    Spot on analysis........You don't play the game if the deck is stacked...and tonight folks...the house wins...either you bet the Lakers or leave the game alone...

Ratzz

Quote Originally Posted by riffraff24 View Post
    Look at the Lakers record pre vs post-all star break. They are not the same team they were in the first 40 games.
    but it was after the All-Star break that Stern started fixing the games. Stupid.

the Lifeguard does not get out of his seat until he sees a fat rich kid drowning.*

why fix games before it is determined that it is necessary. I swear, low IQ Lake-fans
    are really a riot.

riffraff24

Quote Originally Posted by Ratzz View Post
    but it was after the All-Star break that Stern started fixing the games. Stupid.

the Lifeguard does not get out of his seat until he sees a fat rich kid drowning.*

why fix games before it is determined that it is necessary. I swear, low IQ Lake-fans
    are really a riot.
    No one was talking to you rat shit boy. Dont you have some Lakers threads to post?

riffraff24

And dont act like you're a know it all wise man wizard rat shit boy. Your predictions are like "Lakers might win if its fixed or they will get run out of the gym if its not"... Yeah great input there dumb shit. You are the all knowing wise and mighty rat shit internet troll Laker fan boy. All hail the mighty Laker fan boy rat shit!!!

TheDane
    TheDane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12808

Going with Bayless tonight.

xetsr
    xetsr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Quote Originally Posted by goduke View Post
    lakers last five games free throw advantage
    33-12
    26-16
    39-22
    38-30
    36-19
    Love seeing the nba decide who they want in the playoffs rather then who should be

How many of those free throw attempts by Howard? Watched the Lakers game the other night for the first time in awhile. Dallas was down by like 10 and with 2 minutes or so just started fouling Howard and sending him to the free throw line. There were about 10 or 12 free throws. I'm not sure how often this happens as I don't watch the Lakers often.

upscope
    upscope's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6685

Quote Originally Posted by Menses View Post
    Spot on analysis........You don't play the game if the deck is stacked...and tonight folks...the house wins...either you bet the Lakers or leave the game alone...

Rat boy is hilarious w/ his ghost accounts. Spot on analysis is exactly what Rat boy says opening his own post. Now he's using it w/ his ghost accounts as well.

How pathetic is it to troll & internet forum. Get bitched by everybody then create a ghost account to come in & agree w/ eveeything u say simply because you can't get any real accounts to agree w/ you?? Rat boy @ least try to disguise the ghost account & not post in identical style.

Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13329

the play seems to be memphis first half, lakers win game.

Allure
    Allure's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15121

Memphis it is.

Potentate
    Skirred Money
    Potentate's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm a little confused by this thread. If we're so convinced this particular game is rigged, then this is absolutely perfect. Isn't figuring out who's going to win any given game the whole reason we're all here?! The only thing as good as fixing a game yourself is knowing what the fix is! Rather than complaining, congratulate yourself on your elite handicapping skills (aka determining the game is rigged), take a freebie and put it in the bank(roll).

Ratzz

people gotta keep an eye on the Sterny refs in UTAH as well:
    (these figures are accurate, not joking)

Utah should be up double-digits

NEW ORLEANS: *14 Free Throws

UTAH: *5 Free Throws*

Halftime

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/boxscore?gid=2013040526

NBA Maniac
    NBA Maniac's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 116

Minnesota got 40 FT
    Toronto got 16 FT

And Toronto won the game... and know what does it means ??
    LOL

lucasdawg
    pro as sometimes
    lucasdawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5519

lakers all over memphis atm

OhMyEli

i didnt see a second of the game or highlights. Anything suspect?