DallasMaverick41
    DallasMaverick41's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 687

Can Anyone Other Than The Miami Heat Win a Championship?

Don't tell me the San Antonio Spurs, these old farts couldn't beat the Memphis Grizzlies in the first round when their big three were younger. Not to mention, Manu is out for 2-3 weeks and I doubt he will be 100% for the duration of the playoffs.

Thunder could barely win one game against the Heat, I think they can certainly contend for a championship, if LeBron James goes down with an injury.

Honestly, why is it worth even watching the playoffs?

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

Only team that can really contend in my opinion are the Spurs. OKC matchup awful with the Heat. I think Pacers could take the Heat to 6, maybe 7 games if they got lucky. I just don't see Heat losing this year. Wouldn't be surprised if Heat win 3 of the next 4 championships.

MP123
    MP123's Avatar Become A Pro!

The grizzlies, spurs, nets and pacers have the best matchups vs the heat. The Lakers have a great matchup, too, but their style of play won't get it done w their personnel

Magh994
    Magh994's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

I think the Heat will win it this year. It might come down to a 3-3 and they could lose but being a Heat fan I don't really think so.

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by MP123 View Post
    The grizzlies, spurs, nets and pacers have the best matchups vs the heat. The Lakers have a great matchup, too, but their style of play won't get it done w their personnel
    Nets??? They would prolly get swept.
    pacers, grizzlies, spurs okc are their biggest threats.

Sport_Fish
    Sport_Fish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2039

Spurs couldn't even beat Miami's bench, @ home

And no its not because they didn't try....Spurs don't slack during regular season, they play it like its a playoff game, esp when they're playing their potential finals match-up and fighting for home court.

DallasMaverick41

Quote Originally Posted by MP123 View Post
    Grizzlies!?
    If they get past the second round fans will celebrate like they won the championship, they could never beat Miami when it was in the playoffs, ever. Who's going to compete with LeBron James? The aging Tayshaun Prince? Whoever mentioned the Nets should just give up capping basketball. Spurs lost to Heat's bench players. OKC might win 2 games at most but would ultimately lose.

Sure, Pacers might stand a chance, they compete VERY well with the Heat, but their young core who have very minimal playoff experience just won't get very far, especially without Danny Granger. You combine David West with Roy Hibbert and they will dominate the Heat inside. However, they don't have a closer or a go to guy.

PerfectGrape
    PerfectGrape's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1887

Bulls, kirk hinrich showed he is a physical beast the way he manhandled bosh and lebron

bjb7223
    bjb7223's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8973

Quote Originally Posted by PerfectGrape View Post
    Bulls, kirk hinrich showed he is a physical beast the way he manhandled bosh and lebron

DallasMaverick41

Maybe with Derrick Rose, but even than, I find it hard to believe that the Heat would lose, especially once the Bulls ended their streak, Heat won't let them end their championship run.

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

This thread is a trick question. I don't think anyone is beating the Heat this year.

Sport_Fish
    Sport_Fish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2039

Ppl tht got miami future at +200 or better have gold.

Rellik
    Rellik's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4386

Thunder will beat the Heat if the get their sh*t straight. Miami won't repeat this year. David Stern had Miami win it last year. This year he has the Thunder.

reppin_the_847
    reppin_the_847's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Sadly, I believe LeBron would force Kirk to literally toss his salad in the playoffs. Lol. And I'm a Bulls fan but I guess I'm more pessimistic than a lot of Bulls fans out there.

MP123

Basketball is about matchups. Yes, the nets and spurs and grizzlies and pacers have the best matchup against the heat. Having Said that, spurs can't beat OKC, Memphis can't beat OKC, but OKC can't beat the heat.

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8999

The nets? Lol. and im a nets fan. All me and friends have been talking about about for the the last few weeks was how they needed to somehow get to the 3rd seed, so they could avoid the heat in a potential 2nd round matchup. Even with a now healthier Deron Williams they would be lucky to win 2 games.

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8999

I would throw in the knicks as a team that could be somewhat competitive against the heat. Esp. if melo and j.r. go unconscious for a game or two.

MP123

Quote Originally Posted by bigtymer56 View Post
    The nets? Lol. and im a nets fan. All me and friends have been talking about about for the the last few weeks was how they needed to somehow get to the 3rd seed, so they could avoid the heat in a potential 2nd round matchup. Even with a now healthier Deron Williams they would be lucky to win 2 games.
    The nets can beat the heat by slowing the game down n throwing it down to their bigs n rebounding n taking care of the ball.. That's the key to beating the heat they don't have big men to control the paint

Quote Originally Posted by bigtymer56 View Post
    I would throw in the knicks as a team that could be somewhat competitive against the heat. Esp. if melo and j.r. go unconscious for a game or two.
    The Knicks have no shot at beating the heat in a 7 game series