bhoor
    bhoor's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3704

NBA, by hands down, is WWF 2.0, one third of league games are rigged.

bhoor
    bhoor's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3704

Though Jazz is not a great team, losing to Denver by 20 pts in tonight's game at home is fishy.

PS3
    Keyser Soze
    PS3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2795

Quote Originally Posted by riffraff24 View Post
    Good luck trying to explain this to Rat shit boy. The psychotic loser is a madman
    He won't understand shit. He only listens to the ideas he would like to hear.

frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

If it's only a 2 games difference Lakers will get in, but I don't buy into that conspiracy crap. If that was the case, then why have the Yankees won only 1 world series in the last 10 years, and why haven't the Cowboys been to the Superbowl in 16 freaking years.

Sport_Fish
    Sport_Fish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2039

Quote Originally Posted by frostno98 View Post
    If it's only a 2 games difference Lakers will get in, but I don't buy into that conspiracy crap. If that was the case, then why have the Yankees won only 1 world series in the last 10 years, and why haven't the Cowboys been to the Superbowl in 16 freaking years.
    Stern has no influence on the NFL or MLB

vyomguy
    vyomguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 234

Quote Originally Posted by frostno98 View Post
    Its difficult to fix games in NFL and MLB.

In basketball its so easy....referees control the game in NBA.

MP123
    MP123's Avatar Become A Pro!

Seriously these games are all fixed, but you guys really think David Stern is behind all this? He's just the puppet so every1 can have someone they can blame... Vegas calls the shots... The nba is a business... Just like the nfl.. I mean c'mon now Ray Lewis announces he's retiring and all of a sudden Flacco turns into joe Montana? Plz!!!!

MP123
    MP123's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by vyomguy View Post

Seriously? Pass interferences and roughing the passers and false starts they can do a lot in the nfl... MLB I agree to an extent... Balls and strikes and base runners called out or safe...

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!
    Jayvegas420's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14709

I don't know how accurate this is but, there is no doubt the refs have a greater impact on the results of games than they should.

biggamer3
    biggamer3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3802

NBA wants the Lakers in no doubt, but i doubt the refs would risk losing their jobs or their reputations by shilling for Lakers. There was only one Donaghy

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3341

Quote Originally Posted by Jayvegas420 View Post
    I don't know how accurate this is but, there is no doubt the refs have a greater impact on the results of games than they should.

That's the human factor Jay. Officiating a game is tough. Refs make bad calls at times and no calls. What about that no call at the end of the Super Bowl on Crabtree near the end zone. Refs Fuk up. As long as they are not on the take, it is what it is.

Huckleberry Pig
    Huckleberry Pig's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by MP123 View Post
    Seriously? Pass interferences and roughing the passers and false starts they can do a lot in the nfl... MLB I agree to an extent... Balls and strikes and base runners called out or safe...
    But the difference in the NBA is that a player can get into foul trouble unlike the NFL or MLB. So while the refs in the NFL (even college football, will post about that later) can make a big call to change the outcome of the game, it is harder to do. NBA all you have to do is get a key player in foul trouble from a few crappy calls and it can keep him out of the game for a significant period of time, not so in the NFL.

upscope
    upscope's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6685

Quote Originally Posted by vyomguy View Post

Are you joking?? Do you know how easy it is to call holding on literally any play you want & have nobody question you?? Holding calls kill drives & bury teams. An umpire can squeeze a pitcher @ any point & not be questioned. You give a dangerous hitter a favorable count in a run scoring situation two or three times & that can be 6 runs right now. Both of these scenarios r much bigger than slapping two fouls on a key player. Hell alot of times teams bear down & play well & fade the foul trouble. NFL teams can't fade multiple holding calls in key spots killing drives & MLB pitchers can't get away with 2-0, 3-1 counts all night w/o paying the price @ some point.

Huckleberry Pig
    Huckleberry Pig's Avatar Become A Pro!

In regards to football, I think there have been a few SEC games that have been rigged. Two that I can distinctly think of are the 2009 Arkansas vs LSU game and the 2009 Arkansas vs Florida game. In the LSU game the Tigers were driving with little time left and NO timeouts. They completed a pass towards the sideline but the guy was clearly tackled in bounds with only a few seconds left. However, they ruled him out of bounds which gave LSU a chance to get their field goal team out and tie the game. If this call is made correctly, Arkansas wins...

Another instance in 2009, one that actually gained the attention of college football and had the refs of the game suspended, was when Arkansas was playing Florida in the swamp (this was when the media was really blowing a nut over Tebow). The Razorbacks were up with 8 minutes left in the game and Florida needed a TD to get back in it. On two occasions (both 3rd down I believe), the refs called a bogus PI call and an even more bogus personal foul call, each 15 yard penalties, to get Florida within the 10 yard line. These were the same refs that supposedly 'fixed' the game between LSU and Georgia weeks earlier. The refs were suspended after this game for their performance, but I strongly believe they were the fall guys.

Why would they do this? $$$... Tebow was the talk of football and the SEC was going to be sure Florida had the pedigree to make it to the NCG and if Arkansas had won that would have likely not happened. I strongly believe that this was not only a fix, but the SEC was in on the fix so that they would get the $ and the publicity of having another team in a national championship.

Just my $.02

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!
    Jayvegas420's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14709

Quote Originally Posted by Easy-Rider 66 View Post
    [/B]
    That's the human factor Jay. Officiating a game is tough. Refs make bad calls at times and no calls. What about that no call at the end of the Super Bowl on Crabtree near the end zone. Refs Fuk up. As long as they are not on the take, it is what it is.
    I completely agree that it is tough & when it comes to NCAA Basketball it's even tougher. Those guys officiate twice sometimes three times the amount of games. My problem arises when they affect the outcome. Maybe not for money but in some cases because of the influence of the home crowd or perhaps the desire to keep a game tighter than it would otherwise be without a call here & there in the favour of the trailing team.
    I agree that they make mistakes but, it just seems to me that the botched calls are rarely made in favour of the team that is up by 6-10 points or in favour of the visiting team especially when they are the team leading.

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

its wayyyyyyyyyy easier to rig a football game, college or nfl
    1 bad call can influence the entire game
    every play involves some sort of holding

hotelis
    hotelis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 957

the fact that NBA comes out and says "Jones fouled Kobe, refs missed it" says something about their protectiveness of the Lakers.

marcoloco
    marcoloco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9132

bet the lakers, refs/nba wont let you down

Menses
    Menses's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5815

Quote Originally Posted by riffraff24 View Post
    The NBA has been shady for years. But what is getting old is that every time the Lakers win this season it was a fix. When they lose people freak out because "how is a team with 4 hall of famers losing!"

You want to see bad calls? Look at all the push offs Fake Griffin gets away with before dunks. All the HORRIBLE calls that go in Lebrons favor. etc. It happens all over the league.
    LOL...Not every Laker win is a fix...nobody is declaring such a thing...but when you have more than several questionable calls at this time of year...with video analyzed proof at your disposal....its kind of hard to ignore...and only a biased Laker Fan...would disagree. Yes Lebron is now the darling of the league...and the league will be fixed in his favor....constantly travels and hardly ever fouls...mind you he has suffered his share of non calls as well.....but yes...the script is now being written for Miami.....the only thing real is the skill level of the individual player...of which Lebron rightfully should be considered head and shoulders above every one else...

riffraff24
    ...and out come the wolves
    riffraff24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

Quote Originally Posted by Menses View Post
    LOL...Not every Laker win is a fix...nobody is declaring such a thing...but when you have more than several questionable calls at this time of year...with video analyzed proof at your disposal....its kind of hard to ignore...and only a biased Laker Fan...would disagree. Yes Lebron is now the darling of the league...and the league will be fixed in his favor....constantly travels and hardly ever fouls...mind you he has suffered his share of non calls as well.....but yes...the script is now being written for Miami.....the only thing real is the skill level of the individual player...of which Lebron rightfully should be considered head and shoulders above every one else...
    Shut up Ratzz

Ratzz
    Ratzz's Avatar Become A Pro!

this Conspiracy should be in FULL effect tonght, folks... especially 2H... pity it is not a prop bet

First 12