Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

How does this lose? Playoff future bet

Nuggets -1030 to NOT win the West (5dimes).

I swear this should be -20000 IMO. Now obviously it's money tied up for a while and you have to lock up a pretty decent amount for a good payday but there is seriously no way this loses.

Is odds are still available day before playoffs...

Plopowitz
    Plopowitz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1423

Quote Originally Posted by Seto View Post
    Nuggets -1030 to NOT win the West (5dimes).

I swear this should be -20000 IMO. Now obviously it's money tied up for a while and you have to lock up a pretty decent amount for a good payday but there is seriously no way this loses.

Is odds are still available day before playoffs...
    Yeah I tend to agree that Denver winning west is highly unlikely, however, with okla city playing san antonio, Indy, Knicks, and at Utah in their next 4, I wouldn't even begin to entertain laying 11-1 on a Denver team who's 4 out. Of course I'm not including analysis on the Spurs remaining schedule and I believe they're 5 up on Denver. Yea, it looks solid, but not worth risking, say, $20,000 to win $1,800. Good luck !

GzaTheGenius
    GzaTheGenius's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15205

A team wins a conference by making it to the NBA finals not by finishing with the best record at the end of the regular season.

Seto

Quote Originally Posted by GzaTheGenius View Post
    A team wins a conference by making it to the NBA finals not by finishing with the best record at the end of the regular season.
    Yes exactly you got it wrong Plopowitz. And this team is not going to win 7 game series against most teams in the West, definitely not the Spurs or Thunder and most likely not the Clippers or Grizzlies. I think they could even lose in the first round to Golden State (provided that matchup happens) if Curry and co can stay healthy.

Seto

And BTW if this were actually for the number 1 record in the West it would still easily be a play at -1030. But no book in their right mind would offer something like that.

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3341

Not worth a shot at -1030. Too many variables on the table at that price. Pass.

Plopowitz
    Plopowitz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1423

Quote Originally Posted by GzaTheGenius View Post
    Yes , my bad. I misinterpreted the post. My apologies. I still stand behind the conclusion, even more so perhaps, that its not worth it. You never know. Teams get hot, teams get cold. Not lots of reward here. Good luck guys!!

GzaTheGenius
    GzaTheGenius's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15205

I like this Denver team a lot. They play well at home and if they get hot in the playoffs they will be hard to stop.

convick
    convick's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3683

Back in October I heard some analyst mention Denver as his dark-horse pick to win the West. Didn't see any chance for that but I'm somewhat of a believer now. I've soured on Memphis and the Clippers, I just don't like what I've seen the last few weeks out of them. In my opinion, Nuggets are the 3rd best team out West. Their glaring weakness is playing on the road, but they beat OKC by 10 and lost by 1 at SA in the past couple weeks. So they are definitely not to be taken lightly.

Seto

This was the lock of the century, I should've asked for a £100k loan to bet it