bubblebuttluv
    Derek Jeter, the best shortstop ever.
    bubblebuttluv's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1897

Let's talk about this Clippers/Pacers game

I watched that game tonight and was disgusted. Yes, my Pacers second half +8 bet hit, but my eyes were truly opened to the NBA tonight. First off, the Pacers blowing that huge of a lead was clearly not of their making. Stern phoned that s.h.i.t. in. Then how about when Hanesborough was taking those free throws and NBA TV's cameras were jumping all over the place except for the free throw line? I of course, am not saying anything shady was happening on the court, but I just found that whole scenario shady. In the NBA they hardly ever call things such as travelling and free throw lane violations, the game at this level is very far from Naismith's vision.

I love the NBA and one thing I have eagerly been awaiting is "The Return" of D-Rose (which most likely won't even happen this year...he is acting like a punk right now), but I just can't see betting on NBA games anymore. You can't cap these games because the "players" (a.k.a. ACTORS) are told by Stern when to ball to their potential, when to lay off, etc. Betting on the NBA is ultimately all about figuring out the "story-line". At least wrestling tells you it is fake.

Here is the trick, the NBA is not about pro basketball...it is entertainment, unlike say the NFL. When college b-ball players go into the "pro's" they abandon the game and take hollywood actor money to be just that, actors. In the NFL, they still play the game that got them there. The NBA isn't worth risking money on. Enjoy watching the games, love watching the games, just for the sake of your own finances stay away from the NBA. Stern, the puppetmaster, has all the people in the "Association" on strings.

The only last bet I could see placing on the NBA is for the Heat to win their first playoff series. Because, we know, the fan base in general has a major hard-on for Lebron and company. So that story-line makes sense.

Kira
    Just as planned
    Kira's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

^ I know you had Clippers. loser always complains

bubblebuttluv
    Derek Jeter, the best shortstop ever.
    bubblebuttluv's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1897

No, I had the Pacers. I just think the NBA is bullshit and in time you will see it too. Stick to College B-Ball ML for good teams and you'll be straight. I don't mind point shaving as much as completely orchestrated games.

bhoor
    bhoor's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3692

I agree with what you said above. Not just NBA, basketball in general like NCAA games, are rigged, for example, today's GMason-Santa Clara game in which 28 pts scored in the last 2-minute of the game to avoid going under. And I avoid playing NBA games and most of NCAA basketball games.