LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    We've gone around and around about this.

Track the efficiency of the opener vs. the Pinny opener for a while and let me know if it's "meaningless." The movement from the Glantz/Culver open and the Pinny open is where the market tightens up; i.e., if the Mavs opened at -1 and went to +1 for the Pinny open, there's a reason for it -- early money was on the Clippers.

What's "bogus" is pretending the pre-market opener vs. the Pinny opener doesn't matter. It does. Pinny tightens up the original number. If Dallas had opened at +2 at BOL and +1 at Pinny, it would make sense to take Dallas. But the fact that it was -1 and then +1 tells everyone to be cautious in backing the Mavs.
    FALSE. I have seen Pinny open several points off of where BOL is sitting at the time and BOL immediately converge to Pinny's line. You continue to ignore the fact that Vegas has become irrelevant in this day and age. Pinny and/or CRIS (whichever opens first) don't give a rat's ass what Glantz/Culver are doing, any numbers available before Pinny/CRIS open are just guesses and those guesses correct to the Pinny/CRIS openers. Your thinking seems to be backwards.

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!
    Jayvegas420's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15111

What worries me is that GOBLue seems to sometimes succeed in spite of his obvious stupidity.
    I'm just gonna stay away from this one!

GzaTheGenius
    GzaTheGenius's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15181

La is the play if you gotta make one. idc if they clinched a playoff birth they are still fighting for seeding and they're a way better team the the mavs. They definitely don't want to see Memphis in the first round.. Or Denver for that matter , gl

chankng
    chankng's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14483

Agree. If clippers lose they will allow Denver to move up my really think they wanna play Memphis first round??? U kidding me. Stupid of those who think clips are gonna relax and let this one go. They are in battle for seeding or either playing gsw or memphis

chankng

Check standing people. Clips den and mem all are In difference of a game. And both den and mem lost. They will capitalize. Clips big. Seeding is so important for nba playoffs. Look what history shows. Most team champion teams are higher seeding

Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    FALSE. I have seen Pinny open several points off of where BOL is sitting at the time and BOL immediately converge to Pinny's line. You continue to ignore the fact that Vegas has become irrelevant in this day and age. Pinny and/or CRIS (whichever opens first) don't give a rat's ass what Glantz/Culver are doing, any numbers available before Pinny/CRIS open are just guesses and those guesses correct to the Pinny/CRIS openers. Your thinking seems to be backwards.
    Yeah that's usually what happens. And if you have access to other books (like bwin.com) that have early retarded lines and you have a clue, you can hammer closers. Until they limit you to a few pennies a bet

Ferndog68
    Ferndog68's Avatar Become A Pro!

take dallas.

GoBlue77
    GoBlue77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19052

Quote Originally Posted by Jayvegas420 View Post
    What worries me is that GOBLue seems to sometimes succeed in spite of his obvious stupidity.
    I'm just gonna stay away from this one!
    What up jay. Quit being a pussy and take Dallas

hotelis
    hotelis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 957

if your argument is about "who wants/needs it more" then dallas is the play imo.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by chankng View Post
    Clips den and mem all are In difference of a game.
    Clippers basically have top 4 seed locked up though, so it is really just Denver and Memphis fighting for one spot in top 4.

VyperATS
    VyperATS's Avatar Become A Pro!

Play is Dallas - 1.5 BUY THE HALf POINT take dallas -1

GoBlue77

Quote Originally Posted by hotelis View Post
    if your argument is about "who wants/needs it more" then dallas is the play imo.
    Try telling that to people talking standings lmao. I'm sure Chris Paul was reading the paper this morning and said oh sh1t son, we can move up a seeding! Dallas is playing for their playoff lives and haven't beat a quality team in forever. Its not a lock Dallas will win but This is absolutely a now or never game for them!!!

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!

I hate to say it but, I think GOBlue is right, it's not a lock but, I'm going with the $HITTY Mavs.

Panthermil
    Panthermil's Avatar Become A Pro!

Clippers basically have top 4 seed locked up though, so it is really just Denver and Memphis fighting for one spot in top 4.
    How do they have a Top 4 seed locked up when there is 1 game separating the 3 seed (LAC) from the 5 seed? Lose 2 games and you could be the 5 seed.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by Panthermil View Post
    How do they have a Top 4 seed locked up when there is 1 game separating the 3 seed (LAC) from the 5 seed? Lose 2 games and you could be the 5 seed.
    Clippers will win the division though. Division winners automatically get top 4.

bmansell33
    bmansell33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 120

Chris paul is questionable tonight most likely out also

GoBlue77

Quote Originally Posted by bmansell33 View Post
    Chris paul is questionable tonight most likely out also
    I hope he plays.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

You seem to be missing my point.

Again, if G/C and BOL open with Dallas at -1 and Pinny opens with Dallas at +1, that's not a good reason to take the Mavericks. If G/C and BOL opened with Dallas at +1 and Pinny opened at -1, then it is.

I'm agreeing with you that Pinny's open is the sharpest of the lot and cleans up the inefficiency of early lines. That's why it's a good idea to track the G/C open, because if Pinny is vehemently disagreeing with the number, you know it immediately.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    You seem to be missing my point.

Again, if G/C and BOL open with Dallas at -1 and Pinny opens with Dallas at +1, that's not a good reason to take the Mavericks. If G/C and BOL opened with Dallas at +1 and Pinny opened at -1, then it is.

I'm agreeing with you that Pinny's open is the sharpest of the lot and cleans up the inefficiency of early lines. That's why it's a good idea to track the G/C open, because if Pinny is vehemently disagreeing with the number, you know it immediately.
    Sorry, I thought we were discussing for line movement purposes. To that end, I ignore everything that happens before Pinny or CRIS open as I consider those the true openers and the clock starts then. But now you have me thinking. I still think it is just a synthetic move between G/C and Pinny though because the G/C number is so soft that it SHOULD track well vs. Pinny/CRIS opener.

chankng

Chris paul is playing, but didnt go through practice as said in my fantasy memo lol

chankng

Game starting soon..... i guess we will see whose right

Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

Clippers will win the division though. Division winners automatically get top 4.
    But they don't necessarily get homecourt. AKA the Boston/Atlanta series last year.

chankng

Wow Vegas owns the penetrating world. How the hell do they penetrating call this coin flip game

bleek88
    The picture of me on SBR is FAKE NOT ME
    bleek88's Avatar Become A Pro!

^ thats why you lay off games like this u degen

GoBlue77

BOOM goes the dynamite!

Wheres my big dawg Jay at, hope u tailed son.

Great game, coulda went either way but Dallas cashes, i aint mad...

Crate Mayne
    Crate Mayne's Avatar Become A Pro!

I fell for the trap, but on the plus side I pounded Mavs +425 right before OT
    Last edited by Crate Mayne; 03-27-13 at 12:12 AM.

figue
    Update your status
    figue's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2638

Quote Originally Posted by figue View Post
    when the line look too esay take the other side.

GoBlue77

Quote Originally Posted by figue View Post

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!

Quote Originally Posted by GoBlue77 View Post
    BOOM goes the dynamite!

Wheres my big dawg Jay at, hope u tailed son.

Great game, coulda went either way but Dallas cashes, i aint mad...
    Yes I did, I didn't go all in on this but, I cashed on a couple of small parlays.

Quote Originally Posted by Crate Mayne View Post
    I fell for the trap, but on the plus side I pounded Mavs +425 right before OT
    No one cares about bets that you say you hit after the fact.

First 12