fearless
    fearless's Avatar Become A Pro!

Is it possible that the Sparks want to play Pheonix in the 1st round?

I've got a feeling that they might for some reason. If the Sparks want to play the Mercury in the first round they're gonna tank this game v. the Silver Stars and put the hammer down on Minnesota in the game after that.

Anyone else see that as a possible scenario?

ztballer
    stiffed by Firedawg
    ztballer's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nope. Los Angeles have always v Seattle in the first round. Seattle has had the misfortune of first round exits because of this. Sparks lost to San Antonio last year. They'd have a better chance up against Seattle.

Seattle will want Los Angeles to tank though. In 2004, they won the championship but that was the only year they didn't face LA in the first round.

ztballer
    stiffed by Firedawg

Also, who wouldn't want to go up against a team with an injured PG and Lauren Jackson out indefinitely?

fearless

Quote Originally Posted by ztballer View Post
    Also, who wouldn't want to go up against a team with an injured PG and Lauren Jackson out indefinitely?
    A team with five Olympians that's way overconfident? It's a possibility but I'm probably wrong.

I take it you're on the Sparks tomorrow?

BL
    BL's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by fearless View Post
    I take it you're on the Sparks tomorrow?
    Check your watch, it's today

fearless

Quote Originally Posted by BL View Post
    Check your watch, it's today

ztballer
    stiffed by Firedawg

Hmm.. LA have always been overconfident. I'm cautious on going heavy on them tomorrow because SA can pull out tricks like Hammon scoring 30+ or Young too. I think if LA loses it's because they're overconfident.

I think San Antonio have gotten out of their lull for the season. It'll be an interesting game.

fearless

Hmm.. LA have always been overconfident. I'm cautious on going heavy on them tomorrow because SA can pull out tricks like Hammon scoring 30+ or Young too. I think if LA loses it's because they're overconfident.

I think San Antonio have gotten out of their lull for the season. It'll be an interesting game.
    I see the game the same way, it's a toss up. The one I'm looking forward to is the Silver Stars at Sacramento. Give me the Silver Stars, especially if they're plus money, can't wait.

ztballer
    stiffed by Firedawg

Why San Antonio @ Sacramento?

Sacramento are a scary team. They either come out strong or play half-assed.

San Antonio on the road are the same.

fearless

Why San Antonio @ Sacramento?

Sacramento are a scary team. They either come out strong or play half-assed.

San Antonio on the road are the same.
    It's because the Monarchs have nothing to play for and the Silver Stars are hot and fighting for the playoffs.

ztballer
    stiffed by Firedawg

I'm tempted to fade Monarchs and Liberty

BUT

they still gotta play like they're still in it because of the roster size in the league is cut down to 11 players - that's gotta be motivation enough to be kept on for next season

Still, won't be surprised if they don't give a sh*t and show up half-assed.

Let's hope they do though

Are you wagering on LA tomorrow?

BOL mate