SportGTI
    Update your status
    SportGTI's Avatar Become A Pro!

What is considered an insurmountable lead?

And more importantly, how long should a large lead take to decimate?

The reason I ask is because I've bet about 4 basketball games in 2 weeks (not a huge basketball bettor) and in each game, the team that I bet on had a double digit lead only to lose the lead and the game. I understand large leads (particularly by bad teams) can be blown. But the way they were blown and in the amount of time they were blown in ridiculous.

Game 1: GT vs BC in the 1st round of the ACC championship game - GT leading 15 - 0 and continue to lead by 15 half way through the first half. They lose the lead by HT and go on to lose by over 20

Game 2: Cleveland vs Miami - Cleveland leads by 27 with a little over 6 minutes left in the 3rd. By the 10 minute mark in the 4th quarter, Cleveland is losing and go on to lose the game.

Game 3: Syracuse vs Louisville in the BIG 10 Championship - Up by 16 with like 15 minutes left in the game and lose by DD.

Like I said, I've seen comebacks. But these losses cannot happen this often. Yesterday's loss was unbearable. Up 10, 15, or even 20 I could get it. BUT 27 POINTS!!!!

How do you guys bet this game?

Tomasaurus
    Tomasaurus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7965

It depends on the quality of the two teams. Like if the Heat @ full strength somehow find themselves down 30 at halftime to the Magic there is still hope for a comeback and it wouldn't be super shocking if it happened. But if the bobcats are down 12 to OKC I would consider the game over.

Depends on the scoring nature of the teams as well because a lead maybe large in points but as a % of the final team total it might not be so big like for example a 10 point lead when the winning team scores 80 is the equiv to a 15 point lead if the winner scores 120.

But long story short no lead is safe until the losing team pulls all their starters

Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

27 points in 19 minutes is nothing. Especially when the 11.5-point dog is the team leading, and it's the Cleveland fukking Cavaliers without their starting backcourt. Try 24 points in 8 minutes in a PLAYOFF game blown by a 5.5 point FAVORITE last year (Clippers/Grizzlies game 1).

Stokes36
    Stokes36's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Obviously this is brought up due to last night. The issue with last night is, the Cavs just don't have that 'slumpbuster' that could create when things are going crazy. Kyrie or even Waiters is that type of guy...having neither guy, I don't think any lead was safe. When the losing team has the best 3-4 players on the court at all times, it's really a matter of time before the game goes in their favor.

nbafanatic2012
    nbafanatic2012's Avatar Become A Pro!

try to focus on 2nd half lines.....

pepero428
    pepero428's Avatar Become A Pro!

60 pt lead probably

by halftime

get outscored in the 3rd/4th by 25 a piece you still win
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: YouHave2outs

SportGTI
    Update your status
    SportGTI's Avatar Become A Pro!

You are all right. No lead is really safe. But the sad part is, I don't feel like my team ever makes a run to make a come back. It would have been nice if once, I finally hit the big ML Dog.

Good luck guys with your bets