Ratzz
    Ratzz's Avatar Become A Pro!

I "OFFICIALLY" DECLARE the Lakers' 2012-13 Season O*V*E*R*.

$100,000,000 Dollars
    (most expensive team in the history of basketball.)

if you can't beat the SUNS in a must win...
    a team with an average loss margin of –14 pts.

AND... they were playing WITHOUT Princess... so advantage Lakers, really.

if you can't win with the odds stacked for you like that...

2-time MVP... Nash
    2 Defensive Player of the Year winners.. Howard/Artest
    Coach of the Year winner Mike D'Antoni

what the hell are they going to do... ?'

they lost by 23 POINTS to a .328 team!!!!
    S-E-A-S-O-N__O-V-A-H
    (i wrote this in Laker purple, just to punch it home ...look at the yellow dudes too.)

i am sorry, Ladies... i guess that's a wrap.

(oh.. and good luck keeping Howard)

He's going to Houston

Harden/Howard/Lin should be a pretty fun show

Tomasaurus
    Tomasaurus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7965

Before people jump in to ridicule you re:Lakers, I'd like to ask why would Houston sign Howard after they committed 25 Mil to Asik the 2nd highest rebounder in the NBA and generally have bigger weakness in other positions like PF where say Josh Smith could fit in nice

Dilo
    Big bets win big money
    Dilo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 953

They have a few more games left

Ratzz

Quote Originally Posted by Tomasaurus View Post
    Before people jump in to ridicule you re:Lakers, I'd like to ask why would Houston sign Howard after they committed 25 Mil to Asik the 2nd highest rebounder in the NBA and generally have bigger weakness in other positions like PF where say Josh Smith could fit in nice
    because that GM down in Houston likes to spend money.. even overpay.. basically he likes 'bling'.. whatever is really hot at that moment.
    Lin at that moment was bling.. Harden same.. and Howard will be also, once the Finals have concluded.

Ratzz

Quote Originally Posted by Dilo View Post
    They have a few more games left
    i am not saying they can't make the playoffs..
    they can't get out of 1st Round.

no matter who the opponent or what seed they manage to climb to.
    so, really it's eason over'

Tomasaurus

Quote Originally Posted by Ratzz View Post
    because that GM down in Houston likes to spend money.. even overpay.. basically he likes 'bling'.. whatever is really hot at that moment.
    Lin at that moment was bling.. Harden same.. and Howard will be also, once the Finals have concluded.
    This is way off base the Houston GM seems pretty frugal if you ask me, you should watch this interview with him http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXnE-dOMisI

Based on this interview I can't imagine them giving a $100Mil contract to a Center when they already signed a new one last off season who is playing well. The GM seems like a smart stats guy based on the fact he founded the MIT basketball analytics conference. So on 2nd thought there is really no way he'd sign Josh Smith, and is more likely he'd sign a bunch of underrated player who will take off when given increased roles. One of the best GMs in the NBA

Ratzz

Quote Originally Posted by Tomasaurus View Post
    This is way off base the Houston GM seems pretty frugal if you ask me, you should watch this interview with him http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXnE-dOMisI

Based on this interview I can't imagine them giving a $100Mil contract to a Center when they already signed a new one last off season who is playing well. The GM seems like a smart stats guy based on the fact he founded the MIT basketball analytics conference. So on 2nd thought there is really no way he'd sign Josh Smith, and is more likely he'd sign a bunch of underrated player who will take off when given increased roles. One of the best GMs in the NBA
    he went nuts for Lin and then Harden.. gave Harde the max.. $80M for 5 yrs i think..
    as well as Lamb (1st rounder)... AND an additional two 1st Rounders in the future..

he gave up quite a bit.. analytics/MIT/etc.. or not.. he was bit by the Ring.
    and he went Gollum.

he will go Gollum again for Howard..

Sport_Fish
    Sport_Fish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2039

Their season isn't over cuz they'll obviously make the playoffs...i knew all the way that Utah would gift them the last spot - Lakers don't even have to play that well down the stretch of this season. So I think they're fine as is, although I'm sure they would've liked to get the 6th spot to avoid Spurs/OKC.

Macbeth
    Macbeth's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

i am not saying they can't make the playoffs..
    they can't get out of 1st Round.

no matter who the opponent or what seed they manage to climb to.
    so, really it's eason over'
    according to your logic, then only two teams - the final ones - have a season remaining?

reppin_the_847
    reppin_the_847's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

In theory, anything is possible. Utah is suspect enough that the Lakers should be able to sneak in.

Last year did you think the Chicago Bulls would lose to Philly in the 1st round? Of course not, but the unthinkable occurred towards the end of game 1 when Derrick Rose went down. If Kevin Durant was injured for some odd reason, a healthy Lakers squad could give OKC a run for its money. Odds of this happening though? Slim to none of course.

Tomasaurus

he went nuts for Lin and then Harden.. gave Harde the max.. $80M for 5 yrs i think..
    as well as Lamb (1st rounder)... AND an additional two 1st Rounders in the future..

he gave up quite a bit.. analytics/MIT/etc.. or not.. he was bit by the Ring.
    and he went Gollum.

he will go Gollum again for Howard..
    Harden deserves the max, he's 23, top 5 in scoring and averages 26-6a-5r, how many other guys in the NBA do that.
    When Kobe retires he'll be the starting in the All Star game and he's making an All NBA team this year, Houston have prob made some sketchy moves but signing Harden was not one of them.

As for the Lakers, yea they sucked tonight but its a bit early to say they are done. 4th game in 6 nights, on the road with their best player out not a huge shock they lose. Still a game ahead of Utah and only 3 back of 6th, still in pretty solid shape. I would hardly call tonight a must win.

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

getting harden for watever they gave up was well worth it
    hes proved that hes a legit superstar and a franchise player
    not only did it make them a playoff team but it weakened the thunder
    if they sign howard, they are legit title contenders
    u can always trade lin or asik
    but keeping asik and howard together would be a dominating frontcourt

Tomasaurus

Maybe we should create a Howard to the rockets? thread lol. I don't think they would ever keep Asik and Howard together, they both can't start because you can't really have 40% of your starting lineup unable to shoot beyond 6ft, plus Asik's contract as such that its tough to trade him and its too big to ride the bench.

On another note I think if LA did a sign and trade with Houston for Asik and Parsons, LA would snap call