No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

The GS/HOU game yesterday is what makes the NBA so infuriating to bet

I've watched Houston dismantle Golden State three times this season. They hung 140 on them at home, then beat them comfortably twice at the Oracle. So what happens on Sunday? The Warriors humiliate the Rockets, who suddenly can't even score at all. Their give-a-f\*\*k meter was broken.

Players were virtually the same in all four meetings. I didn't have a penny on the game Sunday, but how are you supposed to anticipate that? To go from hanging 140 on a team at home to scoring 78? Really?

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/rockets...8965--nba.html

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/harden-...2180--nba.html

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/rockets...4829--nba.html

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/curry-t...0513--nba.html

TwoWays
    TwoWays's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3608

You wrong. The player turnover mid-season, changing out Douglas, Patrick Patterson, Marc Morris, for T. Rob changed the complexion of this team, most notably on offense, completely.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6826

i saw lots of people on the under and the warriors

its tough to beat a team 4 times in a season

hence.... the Cavs beating the Bulls a week or so ago.... Bulls had blown out the Cavs 3 times in the season b4 the 4th game

its a decent spot bet

TwoWays

I'll give you Parsons sucked yesterday. But T. Rob has given them nothing on offense and defense. And the bench scoring is non-existent, with the exceptiion of Delfino. C'mon man.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by TwoWays View Post
    You wrong. The player turnover mid-season, changing out Douglas, Patrick Patterson, Marc Morris, for T. Rob changed the complexion of this team, most notably on offense, completely.
    Four of the five starters were the same for Houston, and all five were the same for the Warriors (comparing the two matchups in Houston). Delfino was the only guy who didn't play for the Rockets the second time around.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by ThaTopMoron View Post
    i saw lots of people on the under and the warriors

its tough to beat a team 4 times in a season

hence.... the Cavs beating the Bulls a week or so ago.... Bulls had blown out the Cavs 3 times in the season b4 the 4th game

its a decent spot bet
    I wasn't surprised at all that the Warriors were competitive or that they even won the game.

It was the way they won, and the fact that Houston just rolled over and died basically from jump.

TwoWays

Those players I mentioned did not play in this encounter. Look at the season scoring avg. of those players mentioned. And if you've paid attention to the rockets since the trade, you can obviously see how bad their offense is now.

pattymayo
    pattymayo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

Not very surprising, like mentioned its very hard to beat a team 4 times in a season. Rockets scoring less than 90 at home was more surprising.

Now if GS goes into New Orleans and lays an egg tonight... thats what makes NBA a pain in the ass

TwoWays

Only three rocket players showed up in the last game. They held in, but if you get nothing from your bench, starting 4 and 3, you going to lose.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by TwoWays View Post
    Those players I mentioned did not play in this encounter. Look at the season scoring avg. of those players mentioned. And if you've paid attention to the rockets since the trade, you can obviously see how bad their offense is now.
    Yeah, really solid trade.

Still, like I said, it's not just that they lost -- it's the way that they just plain quit.

TwoWays

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Yeah, really solid trade.

Still, like I said, it's not just that they lost -- it's the way that they just plain quit.
    Long term outlook, I guess.

shooms79
    shooms79's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2198

LOL really? ok is it more likely a team goes 4-0 or 3-1 in a matchup. Come on man. esp with the 3 point fiasco in game 2 i believe. I agree with someone above who posted the trade, revenge, and the previous matchups. this was rather easy to pick (granted i didnt expect that routing but the spread was a gimme)

tatddy
    tatddy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 608

No Coin...I offer my sincere apologies for not posing Warriors as a ML winner yesterday. I got wrapped up in a meeting at work and never got to it before tip. Gave the pick out in Poker chat the night before and was waiting on the ML to be posted the next day to get to it.

In any event, this is a pointless post. But just feel bad that I didn't get you this winner. It was was the 3rd time this year that I loved GS as a big ML dog.

I owe you one...

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by tatddy View Post
    No Coin...I offer my sincere apologies for not posing Warriors as a ML winner yesterday. I got wrapped up in a meeting at work and never got to it before tip. Gave the pick out in Poker chat the night before and was waiting on the ML to be posted the next day to get to it.

In any event, this is a pointless post. But just feel bad that I didn't get you this winner. It was was the 3rd time this year that I loved GS as a big ML dog.

I owe you one...

7secondsOrLess
    7secondsOrLess's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6672

are they supposed to score 140 every time they play each other? it happens maybe they just had a bad night man wtf with these threads

neutral
    Update your status
    neutral's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3546

No guarantee in wagering hence why money management is important.

NardVa
    NardVa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10509

Logically taking Golden State did not make sense. This was just one of those nights the Rockets didn't care to play and the Warriors steam rolled them. You never know when a team will take the night off.