10 players suspended. Carmelo will be gone for while

Denver vs Knicks.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I caught one on espn news earlier.

shady610
    shady610's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8603

I get sick when i see this stuff in the NBA. Im probably in the minority as being a guy whos #1 sport is NBA basketball. Every year i hear people complain about the game, the athletes and I always defend the leauge. Stuff like this has to go. I hate using the old adage about being role models, but its so true.

Peyton2MarvinN06
    Peyton2MarvinN06's Avatar Become A Pro!

OVER/UNDER- 6 games- Carmelo Anthony Suspension Length

I'm saying he gets about 10 after the precedent Stern set with the Pacers/Pistons brawl fight...

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan
    I caught one on espn news earlier.
    and...what were your thoughts?

I thought melo should have been on the bench since the game was out of hand. Now melo is really gonna pay the price.

imgv94
    imgv94's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Quote Originally Posted by Illusion

I thought melo should have been on the bench since the game was out of hand. Now melo is really gonna pay the price.

The HG
    The HG's Avatar Become A Pro!

i'll say 12 for melo
    Last edited by The HG; 12-17-06 at 06:50 AM.

nosuzieno
    nosuzieno's Avatar Become A Pro!

Thankful my nuggets bet was in the bank when the WWE showed up...Took me back to Kareem breaking Benson's jaw.

Patrick McIrish
    Patrick McIrish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 115

That's what makes it so bad, the studs shouldn't even have been on the court in the first place. This incompetence by the coaching staff is going to cost the Nuggets.

bigboydan

At the time I made this post the details were still very sketchy.

I couldn't believe as to why Karl left in his starters in when this game was clearly a blowout. It made absolute no sense what so ever.

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9426

A stupid move, but many of these coaches who like and respect Larry Brown are going to run it up on Isiah Thomas any chance they get. He is hated throughout the league.

The fact Isiah is ordering his players to take hard fouls and talking trash with Carmello Anthony late in the fourth quarter shows what a worthless coach/executive Isiah is.

The Knicks should fire his ass Monday morning for refusing to take any blame for this brawl or even condemning his own players. The only way the Knicks can get any respect back is send Isiah packing right now.

I think Anthony will get 10-15 games. If they really are trying to send a message, he might get 20.

I couldn't believe as to why Karl left in his starters in when this game was clearly a blowout. It made absolute no sense what so ever.

moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

Denver is still bitter about the Knicks celebrating on their court when they pulled off that shocker down by 12 at 91-79 with 8 minutes left on November 8th. That, along with the Zeke/LB dynamic, are the two main reasons why the starters were still in the game.

Patrick McIrish
    Patrick McIrish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 115

That's why I read the forums, find out stuff I didn't know. Thanks guys, good stuff.

fixxer
    fixxer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 151

Quote Originally Posted by Peyton2MarvinN06
    OVER/UNDER- 6 games- Carmelo Anthony Suspension Length

I'm saying he gets about 10 after the precedent Stern set with the Pacers/Pistons brawl fight...

It would be a strong bet to take the Over 6 games.....

Is any bookie offering bet on this?

cav1x
    cav1x's Avatar Become A Pro!

6-9 games susp. for +225 looks fine enough....

cav1x
    cav1x's Avatar Become A Pro!

NBA Fines and Suspensions

List of NBA susp-s.....worth a look
    Last edited by SBRAdmin3; 06-06-14 at 04:43 PM.

Tchocky
    Tchocky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1086

This is a disaster for the Nuggets. George Karl has to take some responsibility for leaving Anthony & Camby on the floor when the game was pretty much over.

bigboydan

They can't call him "Mello Yellow" anymore.

With mello being a real big superstar in the NBA, I kind of surprised he received 15 games and not 10.

Peyton2MarvinN06
    Peyton2MarvinN06's Avatar Become A Pro!

They can't call him "Mello Yellow" anymore.

With mello being a real big superstar in the NBA, I kind of surprised he received 15 games and not 10.
    WOW!!! Just got done reading the article on ESPN.com... I really thought he would receive about 8-10 games... 15 games seems a little excessive to me, but I knew they would be harsh after what happened with the Pacers and Pistons... I don't believe Smith and Robinson deserve 10 games at all! This really hurts the Nuggets! Think they will be after Iverson now? ummmmmmm YEAH!

Seattle Slew
    Seattle Slew's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9426

Shows what the state of the NBA is in right now. Leading scorer suspended for 15 games, and the leading scorer over the past 10 years (Iverson) with no team and few takers. Pathetic.

Can't believe Dolan didn't fire Isiah this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Peyton2MarvinN06
    WOW!!! Just got done reading the article on ESPN.com... I really thought he would receive about 8-10 games... 15 games seems a little excessive to me, but I knew they would be harsh after what happened with the Pacers and Pistons... I don't believe Smith and Robinson deserve 10 games at all! This really hurts the Nuggets! Think they will be after Iverson now? ummmmmmm YEAH!