Ratzz
    Ratzz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Menses View Post
    ...but he is no where near the complete player people have been brainwashed into believing he is....because he Has NEVER made his teammates better.....and we know this because he has never shot 50% from the floor while taking the more shots than anyone else in the league for years on end...and through out those years(04-08), his teams were abysmal....

I will give him the 2009 Title....but his first 3 championships were not earned...and his 6 for 24 performance in game 7 of his last title is only forgotten because the Stern and the refs decided to send him to the line 200 times...while robbing the celtics of a deserved second championship in 3 years...Phil Jackson told you himself time and time again...about why running an offense with Kobe involved was like trying to squeeze an egg from its ends...He CANNOT play within the framework of a set system...and this is what separates the Lebrons, and Jordans from the Kobe's...

I do not want to hear a thing about RINGS...in his defense...Why are people quick to compare Kobe's accomplishment to players who never had the fortune of landing with one of the best franchise in sports, Centers in the NBA and coaches of all time? Within 3 years of his arrival (97)...he had his first Ring...followed by 2 more...only to chase the 2rd best center of all time out of LA out of jealousy, cheat on his wife, demand to be traded and finally chase the best coach of the modern NBA era out of the city..and mind you, after the entire organization stood by him during the rape trial.....and people had the nerve to champion Kobe over Lebron? This is madness..

Jordan and Lebron worked and suffered before winning...imagine what either of them would have done in LA...with that kind of system in placeand an organization willing ot bend over backwards for them ? How many rings would a young Jordan or Lebron had won in that kind of environment? Now imagine Kobe in chicago in 84...playing agianst the likes of Birds celtics or magics Lakers....or god forbid Isiah's pistons....Imagine Kobe taking a cleveland team that lost 60 plus games...and turning them into contenders all by himself? People need to wake up
    this is spot on.. and brilliant.. i have been saying that about Game 7 vs. Celtics for years..
    losing twice in 2 years to Boston KILLS that rivalry.. Stern needed them to split 1-1

Boston won that game.. even without Perkins (knee Game 6)

Kobe is not a team player.. all must conform to his style/play. Even coaches. Even GMs..
    he plays in a way that excites the fans, because the fans care more about excitement than anything else.

Given that he rules the fan base.. he really holds all the power and the chief reason, i think that Howard will leave, because kobe holds way too much power. He glared at Mike brown and was fired less than 24 hrs later.

kobe is just running a monopoly in LA... ultimately will screw that team over.. look at all the picks the lakers sacrificed chasing Kobe's 6th Ring..

Ratzz

this is a post from Lakers Top Buzz..
    a Laker fan forum much like this one, but only for Laker faithful:
    http://lakers.topbuzz.com/PNphpBB2-v...start-300.html

page 7

enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by Ratzz View Post
    I would like to thank you kobe for this magnificent loss. Yes, I'm putting it ALL on you tonight. You are NOT the fccking point guard, give the mother fccking ball to nash, get the fcck out of the way and let him run the team. You had to, after to after mother fccking to which led to their run. Then your smug azz let ariza go for a career night behind the the point arc. Get it through your head.....we don't need your azz to help, play YOUR mother fccking man!!!!! This game should have been a blowout, but nooooooo, you HAVE to try and control things one way or another. Your energy and nashs energy with the ball is TOTALLY different! The game grinds to a fccking halt with the ball in your hands. I dont care how many assists you get, give the fccking ball up man!!! Wtf!!!!!!!!!!!

I an soooo sick of this bs!!!!

When are we getting a coach with a fccking back bone?!!! And why the hell was dantoni drawing up plays?!!!! We know what your play is genius. nash, get the ball to kobe, dwight go set a pick, kobe go make something up! You are the worst coach in the HISTORY of this franchise.

I am so disgusted right now I'm gonna throw up!!!!!!

Ratzz

kobe played ZERO defense tonight..:

his man Ariza shot 9-15, and 7-12 from beyond arc.

25 pts on 15 shots.

just backed off.. figured he'd miss, and that he would outgun him down the stretch

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/boxscore?gid=2013032213

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

but kobe got 5 rings. he can do no wrong

Ratzz

Quote Originally Posted by jsmithj88 View Post
    but kobe got 5 rings. he can do no wrong
    lol.. i forgot..

excepting that Washington was 6-26 on road before tonight's game

lucky 7

Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13401

What the hell happened this game? Kobe played no D? Figures. Up 18 at one point against the Wizards, lock that shit up Miami would of won by 40.

Ratzz

Quote Originally Posted by Git Lo View Post
    What the hell happened this game? Kobe played no D? Figures. Up 18 at one point against the Wizards, lock that shit up Miami would of won by 40.
    lol.. Miami is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much better than the Lakers.

Ratzz

after Wizards game:

The starting lineup of Bryant, Howard, Gasol, World Peace and Steve Nash fell to 0-6 this season.

After struggling with injuries, the Lakers are fielding a near-healthy roster with 12 games to play
    as they fight to hang on to the eighth and final playoff spot.

Sport_Fish
    Sport_Fish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2039

Quote Originally Posted by Ratzz View Post
    after Wizards game:

The starting lineup of Bryant, Howard, Gasol, World Peace and Steve Nash fell to 0-6 this season.

After struggling with injuries, the Lakers are fielding a near-healthy roster with 12 games to play
    as they fight to hang on to the eighth and final playoff spot.
    That's the thing, they dont even need to 'fight' for a playoff spot. Utah Jazz has and will gift them that 8th spot more and more as the season concludes. Lakers can keep strolling through the season like this and still make the playoffs - just picking up a few wins here and there.

So its actually a good chance for them to experiment with different line-ups and rotation - even if it costs them some games cuz it doesn't matter, they'll still make the playoffs.

Ratzz

Mike D'antoni following loss to Washington
    http://www.lakersnation.com/lakers-n...me/2013/03/23/

j
    Quote Originally Posted by Sport_Fish View Post
    “That ball will roll around and go in for [the opponent] and it will roll around and go out for us because we’re messing with the game.

If we don’t change that, obviously we won’t make the playoffs, but if we do, we’ll get blown out in the playoffs.

You can’t be a fairly good team or even a good team without passing the basketball
    , without understanding what we’re doing defensively and honing in and doing it. You can’t do it. You can’t do it. It’s impossible.”
    coach is calling out Princess Diva here.. Dwight Howard went 8-9 in thr first three Quarters..
    YET did not get a single touch in the 4th Qtr..

Kobe missed 4-of-5 last final shots in the last two minutes of the game.

no pass to Howard,

jsmithj88

Quote Originally Posted by Sport_Fish View Post
    That's the thing, they dont even need to 'fight' for a playoff spot. Utah Jazz has and will gift them that 8th spot more and more as the season concludes. Lakers can keep strolling through the season like this and still make the playoffs - just picking up a few wins here and there.

So its actually a good chance for them to experiment with different line-ups and rotation - even if it costs them some games cuz it doesn't matter, they'll still make the playoffs.
    haha u got to be kidding right?
    the lakers are in no position to mess around with anything
    howard, kobe, or nash at anytime can get hurt again
    dallas might even catch up with them

Ratzz

D'Antoni sick of Princess Diva playing style.. he won Coach of the Year with Nash controlling ball. not a player like Kobe. It's impossible.

"I can't explain it, but every time we get up 16, it's like, 'Well, we're really good and we don't have to play hard.'

And we start messing with the game and start messing with not moving the ball. You start messing with, 'I'm just going to go one-on-one every time,' you start messing with the basketball gods and they get you.

The ball will roll around and go in for them and it'll roll around and go out for us because we're messing with the game.
    in 17 seasons no Laker coach won the Coach of The year.. POPOVICH won it twice with his passing style.. Duncan, Parker, Ginobili, all play within system

Menses
    Menses's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5815

D'Antoni must really be fed up of this Kobe fella, if he is actually willing to call him out (albeit in disguise) over the issue of who should really be running the team. Hahaha.....I've said it time and time again, chicks dig the long ball...and Buss knew this. its the reason why he chose Kobe over Shaq....but that style of play can only be effective if you have the refs in your back pocket...and the new script in the NBA is being written for Miami's and the OKC's of the world....there are only so many game winners kobe can hit...so many Donaghy's to look the other way and call phantom holds..when they see fit......if the Lake show make it out of the first round, you'll know its rigged....lol

Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13401

is this still up for debate?? Lakers = 1st round exit

Menses
    Menses's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5815

Quote Originally Posted by Git Lo View Post
    is this still up for debate?? Lakers = 1st round exit
    If they don't go 500 on this road trip, it may very well be a trip to the playoffs that may still be up for debate...

Kobe minus 12...with 24 points and 6 touches for Dwight.....comical..

jsmithj88

y do u bother to trade for howard if u wont give him the ball?

Ratzz

Quote Originally Posted by Menses View Post
    If they don't go 500 on this road trip, it may very well be a trip to the playoffs that may still be up for debate...

Kobe minus 12...with 24 points and 6 touches for Dwight.....comical..
    right on Menses, those last figures are the ones that killed the Lakers.. Kobe does not, will not.. learn..

y do u bother to trade for howard if u wont give him the ball?
    excellent point, JS.. why would Howard stay for another year of this? he won't

VyperATS
    VyperATS's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    You have no clue what it takes to win in the playoffs. Take Bryant off the Lakers. They would get swept easily by any team. Playoffs is a different game. Understand the game before you speak.

It is imperative that I give you the following information, which Goat Cream wants concealed from the public. The full truth of my conclusion I shall develop in the course of this letter but the conclusion's general outline is that courage is what we need to institute change—not politeness, not intellectual flair, not cleverness with words, just courage. And it sometimes takes a lot of courage to look an apolaustic pop psychologist in the eye and tell him that what I find frightening is that some academics actually believe Goat Cream's line that people are pawns to be used and manipulated. In this case, "academics" refers to a stratum of the residual intelligentsia surviving the recession of its demotic base, not to those seekers of truth who understand that in my observations upon aspheterism, I have expressed no opinion thus far of the mode of its extinguishment or melioration. I will note, however, though I still have nothing to propose, that time has only reinforced that conviction. Well, that's getting away from my main topic, which is that once you understand his personal attacks, you have a responsibility to do something about them. To know, to understand, and not to act, is an egregious sin of omission. It is the sin of silence. It is the sin of letting Goat Cream make it virtually impossible to fire incompetent workers.
    Have you noticed that in just about everything Goat Cream writes, his underlying premise is that he never engages in irritable, volage-brained, or soporific politics? I don't know about you, but that sure rings hollow to me. His ideologies should be labeled like a pack of cigarettes. I'm thinking of something along the lines of, "Warning: It has been determined that Goat Cream's positions are intended to paint people of different races and cultures as ornery alien forces undermining the coherent national will." I would like to go on, but I do have to keep this letter short. So I'll wrap it up by saying that anyone who claims that Goat Cream is a spokesman for God is a dupe, quack, or hired gun selling stories he knows to be untrue.

TheDane
    TheDane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12808

Def agree, that bean dude is the problem.

riffraff24
    ...and out come the wolves
    riffraff24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

This guy is incredible. Never knew anyone can be so pathetic at life.

Ratzz

Quote Originally Posted by VyperATS View Post
    It is imperative that I give you the following information, which Goat Cream wants concealed from the public. The full truth of my conclusion I shall develop in the course of this letter but the conclusion's general outline is that courage is what we need to institute change—not politeness, not intellectual flair, not cleverness with words, just courage. And it sometimes takes a lot of courage to look an apolaustic pop psychologist in the eye and tell him that what I find frightening is that some academics actually believe Goat Cream's line that people are pawns to be used and manipulated. In this case, "academics" refers to a stratum of the residual intelligentsia surviving the recession of its demotic base, not to those seekers of truth who understand that in my observations upon aspheterism, I have expressed no opinion thus far of the mode of its extinguishment or melioration. I will note, however, though I still have nothing to propose, that time has only reinforced that conviction. Well, that's getting away from my main topic, which is that once you understand his personal attacks, you have a responsibility to do something about them. To know, to understand, and not to act, is an egregious sin of omission. It is the sin of silence. It is the sin of letting Goat Cream make it virtually impossible to fire incompetent workers.
    Have you noticed that in just about everything Goat Cream writes, his underlying premise is that he never engages in irritable, volage-brained, or soporific politics? I don't know about you, but that sure rings hollow to me. His ideologies should be labeled like a pack of cigarettes. I'm thinking of something along the lines of, "Warning: It has been determined that Goat Cream's positions are intended to paint people of different races and cultures as ornery alien forces undermining the coherent national will." I would like to go on, but I do have to keep this letter short. So I'll wrap it up by saying that anyone who claims that Goat Cream is a spokesman for God is a dupe, quack, or hired gun selling stories he knows to be untrue.

this was brilliant. " Bravo, Signore.. "

please write more. The forum beckons you…

Ratzz

Quote Originally Posted by TheDane View Post
    Def agree, that bean dude is the problem.
    everybody agrees now.. Howard called out loss vs. Washington "due to lack of ball movement"
    ditto on D'Antoni..

they both called Princess out, and he runs out, and does EXACTLY THE SAME THING.

Quote Originally Posted by riffraff24 View Post
    This guy is incredible. Never knew anyone can be so pathetic at life.
    Rif, you are too harsh. Just because Kobe is a bad team player and loses games with his selfishness, does not mean that he is necessarily pathetic at life...

if you have been arrested for rape it does... or if you joke about rape.. then sure.

Ratzz

http://lakernation.com/did-injuries-...lp-the-lakers/

wow.. even Laker Nation agrees with me.
    this article is about how the Lakers do better without Kobe in the lineup (Gasol as well)

Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

So are they a serious threat now?
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: PS3

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11150

This is the NBA, aka WWE. I can very well imagine the Lakers make a run to the Western Finals now without Kobe in order to rack up ratings and create a Howard/Bryant controversy.

PS3
    Keyser Soze
    PS3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2795

people have been bringing back some old threads... some great "oldies hits"...

First 123