reppin_the_847
    reppin_the_847's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Books oughtta have a prop bet predicting whether or not Kobe will play tonight.

The Lakers need Kobe to save their season. Here's what I would set as the line:

Kobe will play vs. Indiana Pacers (+400)
    Kobe won't play vs. Indiana Pacers (-400)

Just doesn't seem like he should play this soon after an injury, but I guess we won't know until tipoff approaches.

FreddieGibbs
    REAL G MONEY
    FreddieGibbs's Avatar Become A Pro!

He wont play, Id take it -400

Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

he should sit out today especially against a physical team like the pacers.

Sport_Fish
    Sport_Fish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2039

they wont cuz its free money on 'won't play'

Wasnt it reported as a 'severe' ankle sprain?....even the great Kobe isn't stupid enough to play this soon with that.

FreddieGibbs
    REAL G MONEY

Quote Originally Posted by Sport_Fish View Post
    they wont cuz its free money on 'won't play'

Wasnt it reported as a 'severe' ankle sprain?....even the great Kobe isn't stupid enough to play this soon with that.
    Kobe will not play tonight, I agree 10-fold, No basketball player who wants to continue there career would risk it. The spread is not sharp here, I'm not sure I want to mess around with this game. Fading it for tonight, Best of luck to any of you who bet.

vinny808
    vinny808's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1243

I'd take +400 for 3 units. + 400 is rather generous seeing how he plays no matter what.

reppin_the_847

Do you guys like Indiana -9.5 tonight?

Hax
    Hax's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2140

Kobe left the court without help so his injury can not be that bad. There is no way you can leave the court barely limping if you are really hurt. He just needed an excuse for the loss.

FreddieGibbs
    REAL G MONEY

Quote Originally Posted by reppin_the_847 View Post
    Do you guys like Indiana -9.5 tonight?
    Staying away from it.

reppin_the_847

You think it might be a trap bet?

Quote Originally Posted by FreddieGibbs View Post
    Staying away from it.

FreddieGibbs
    REAL G MONEY

Quote Originally Posted by reppin_the_847 View Post
    You think it might be a trap bet?
    I love the pacers don't get me wrong, and I'm not certain its a trap - I just have this weird feeling in my gut that lakers might hang around here determined to keep a strong playoff pace - I know Kobe is the x factor for the lakers, and without him this could very easily be a blowout by 15+, I just cant wrap my head around Lakers getting stomped into the ground this game. They're in a tough spot, a spot I dont want to put money on!

Its not really that the bet isn't a good line, If I HAD to bet - I'd probably be with you on Pacers, but like I said, I just cannot get the thought out of my head that this might go the distance.

And if Kobe did play (doubtful) this spread would probably be around -5.5/6.

I'm definite that the public will be all over Pacers tonight, so if you got the spread early at -9.5 (was it released at 9?) - you might be safe to see some good movement as its already at -10

I'd like to see what others have in mind, but personally - I cant get over my gut, so I'm just going to Fade it for tonight and wait for the Mamba to get his revenge

Seto

Anyway why the hell would the line by -9.5 if he were playing? I mean obviously Pacers are a very good team but they were only favored by 9 over the Celtics who were on a b2b. No way they would be -9.5 vs Lakers if Kobe were playing. Books also waited a bit before posting the line as opposed to most other games, probably making sure they had their team news right.

I would be shocked if he played.

reppin_the_847

I see what you're saying. The Lakers need this win a hell of a lot more than the Pacers. The Pacers are pretty much locked in & in cruise control as far as their playoff seeding. There's no way they're gonna catch Miami for the #1 seed.

Quote Originally Posted by FreddieGibbs View Post
    I love the pacers don't get me wrong, and I'm not certain its a trap - I just have this weird feeling in my gut that lakers might hang around here determined to keep a strong playoff pace - I know Kobe is the x factor for the lakers, and without him this could very easily be a blowout by 15+, I just cant wrap my head around Lakers getting stomped into the ground this game. They're in a tough spot, a spot I dont want to put money on!

Its not really that the bet isn't a good line, If I HAD to bet - I'd probably be with you on Pacers, but like I said, I just cannot get the thought out of my head that this might go the distance.

And if Kobe did play (doubtful) this spread would probably be around -5.5/6.

I'm definite that the public will be all over Pacers tonight, so if you got the spread early at -9.5 (was it released at 9?) - you might be safe to see some good movement as its already at -10

I'd like to see what others have in mind, but personally - I cant get over my gut, so I'm just going to Fade it for tonight and wait for the Mamba to get his revenge

Seto

Kobe is likely in. Line dropped to 8.5 and reports on rotoworld say theres a great possibility he plays...

Surprised books left this at 9.5 this long.