No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Rudy Gay and Josh Smith are really the scum of this league

Just two hack gunners who have no respect for the game and are only in it for themselves. Their ignorance, stupidity and selfishness was on full display tonight.

The epitome of what's wrong with the NBA these days.

Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

Still can't believe what Josh Smith did. Took Hawks +575 ml live at least +7.5 cashed.

Rudy Gay helped me out though. Big time.

Sport_Fish
    Sport_Fish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2039

Josh Smith yes, Rudy Gay no.

Gay does take some 'tough' shots at times but that's all - i wouldn't really call him a scum or anything of the sort. He doesn't really do shit that's really crazy or out of line....

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by Sport_Fish View Post
    Josh Smith yes, Rudy Gay no.

Gay does take some 'tough' shots at times but that's all - i wouldn't really call him a scum or anything of the sort. He doesn't really do shit that's really crazy or out of line....
    He's garbage.

Great trade by Memphis. Genius. Gay is a stat stuffer who looks good on paper yet makes horrible decisions and does virtually nothing to help his team win.

vasilli07
    vasilli07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10601

It's always funny to see Josh Smith trying to be a jump shooter rather than getting to the rim. Why can't he just play to his strength? That will make him a better player.

Sport_Fish
    Sport_Fish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2039

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    He's garbage.

Great trade by Memphis. Genius. Gay is a stat stuffer who looks good on paper yet makes horrible decisions and does virtually nothing to help his team win.
    What are u talking about? I didn't even watch all of Memphis' games but I can remember so many games hes taken over and so many clutch shots.

Sick_in_the_Head
    Tx Rangers bitch!
    Sick_in_the_Head's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2826

Rudy Gay is a shooter. Hes supposed to shoot. He just takes horrible shots. He's too stupid to realize its a bad shot.

Josh smith is not a long range shooter. Yet, he is over here shooting 3's every other shot when he can barely hit the backboard from the 3 point line. He never learns. I think I saw him hit the bottom left corner of the back board tonight vs the C's.

I remember a few years ago when Josh tried a between the legs windmill dunk on a fast break after a steal in the middle of a playoff game. The other team came back on them to win the series after that shit. He's a dumb ass.

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Just these 2? League is full of dumbass hoodrats that just show up to get a check. Seriously how many times have you watched an nba game and seen fools laughing and clowning on the bench when there team is down 20 in the 4th? League has a lot more losers than stone cold killers like Magic, Bird, etc. Guys who were disgusted by any loss and would do whatever it took to win while playing smart!

chevy6
    chevy6's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

so you lost your bet and now your ass is bitching ..

just stop gambling

Vinnie Paz
    Vinnie Paz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3413

Look im from Toronto, to say Rudy does nothing to help is just foolish talk really

Mexes
    Mexes's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5463

I think ruday gay is by far the worst... against the lakers.. he played one of the weakeast games I have ever seen

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by R.P. McMurphy View Post
    Just these 2? League is full of dumbass hoodrats that just show up to get a check. Seriously how many times have you watched an nba game and seen fools laughing and clowning on the bench when there team is down 20 in the 4th? League has a lot more losers than stone cold killers like Magic, Bird, etc. Guys who were disgusted by any loss and would do whatever it took to win while playing smart!
    I single these bums out because they think they're "stars." What a joke.

killersweet
    killersweet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9409

I have seen most of the raptors game since the gay trade and I am so far 50-50 on the acquisition. You can say all the negative things about gay (some are warranted), but for a team like the raptors, he is the best talent they have right now. Raptors haven't had a closer since the vince carter days (bosh wasn't a closer). Gay has that talent in him. He does shoot a lot and he still has to fit in to the system, but for now raptors are playing entertaining ball and they are not going anywhere this season. So as a raptors fan, that's all u can hope for this season. With the core of gay, lowrey, derozen and val, I hope they can add some talent in the off season. Then they can possibly be a playoff team. let's face it, with Miami and okc around, raptors are not championship contenders for a while.

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

Josh Smith may have the lowest basketball IQ in the entire NBA. That in itself speaks volumes.

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by killersweet View Post
    I have seen most of the raptors game since the gay trade and I am so far 50-50 on the acquisition. You can say all the negative things about gay (some are warranted), but for a team like the raptors, he is the best talent they have right now. Raptors haven't had a closer since the vince carter days (bosh wasn't a closer). Gay has that talent in him. He does shoot a lot and he still has to fit in to the system, but for now raptors are playing entertaining ball and they are not going anywhere this season. So as a raptors fan, that's all u can hope for this season. With the core of gay, lowrey, derozen and val, I hope they can add some talent in the off season. Then they can possibly be a playoff team. let's face it, with Miami and okc around, raptors are not championship contenders for a while.
    what free agents will actually come to toronto ??
    rudy gay is paid the max, and he is neither a franchise player nor a superstar
    u think hes that much better than a guy like michael beasley?

Red3203
    Red3203's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

I like to see you guyst in a professional basketball game . You are critics you can not handle loosing . Stop gambling . Rudy Gay is the best thing to happen to Toronto in a long time . These are pro athletes and you guys are gambling stop your bitching Dumbo!!!!!!!!!

hawley
    hawley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

Quote Originally Posted by Red3203 View Post
    I like to see you guyst in a professional basketball game . You are critics you can not handle loosing . Stop gambling . Rudy Gay is the best thing to happen to Toronto in a long time . These are pro athletes and you guys are gambling stop your bitching Dumbo!!!!!!!!!

40% from the floor.

Long jumper after long jumper.

Memphis got very little out of the trade. They just wanted him gone.

SteelRain
    SteelRain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6789

go to sleep last night seeing the raptors up 8 against the fakers with 4 minutes left. wake up the next day and find out they win it OT. penetrating hate the NBA so much.

Tofudog
    Tofudog's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lol Steelrain.. 8 points in 4 minutes is nothing.. at least you didn't lose sleep over it...

As for Rudy Gay and Josh Smith I think they are both a little selfish but I think its just more ignorance or wishful thinking. I don't think either person thinks they are hurting their team too much

In the case of Rudy Gay, say hes 1-10 and the Raptors are still up on the Lakers. Hes still going to have the green light to shoot as he is the best player... maybe that night wasn't his night (it is pretty hard to have a good night with mostly jumpers 1 ft inside the 3pt line). Also he is probably struggling after assuming he would be the man on that team when maybe hes just not cut out for it. His shots in Memphis were usually 2nd or 3rd opportunity shots. I think it will take time to figure that out.

For Josh Smith, his jumper has improved and I understand him wanting to keep taking it. The 3pt line is selfish and he should be banned from it. If I was the coach I would make him run 100 laps every one he took. When hes working from the elbow though hes a decent passer and the two-man game between him and Horford is anything but selfish. When he keeps taking those jumpers he fully believes he will hit the next one, which may be stupidity.. As a basketball player myself, I know sometimes it takes a few misses to get the stroke down and the 3rd or 4th jumpshot is the one your most confident in...

7secondsOrLess
    7secondsOrLess's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6678

do u have to make all these threads every time u lose a play

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Gay isn't an efficient scorer at all. He will score points but it takes him like 30-40 shots as he is missing a lot.

Memphis has been a better team without him the past few years.

I don't even need to say anything about Smith. Guy is smart as a rock. He made a horrible behind the back pass at the end of regulation yesterday and then tried a long pass through three defenders with like 20 seconds left in overtime that cost his team the game. Both of these were right after timeouts too.

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

They call this, intentionally throwing a game..........

Many players do this..........

Kobe is in the media charged spotlight now,ever since he personally guaranteed to reach the playoffs.........

This is why you are witnessing all these miraculously filled Kobe comebacks...........

We all know the NBA is a show...........

Kobe is the star.........

La Lakers 4th quarter ATS are going to be highly profitable from here on out.............

You can take that to the bank...........

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by 7secondsOrLess View Post
    do u have to make all these threads every time u lose a play
    Who said this had anything to do with a bet?

I was on Toronto last night FWIW. I believe they covered, no thanks to Gay and his brickfest.

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Red3203 View Post
    an overpriced, volume jump shooter is the best thing in toronto?
    there are plenty of those in the nba, and much cheaper .............

Aaron McCrevice
    Aaron McCrevice's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 655

Just two hack gunners

William Walters
    William Walters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Quote Originally Posted by SteelRain View Post
    go to sleep last night seeing the raptors up 8 against the fakers with 4 minutes left. wake up the next day and find out they win it OT. penetrating hate the NBA so much.
    Love it! This posts actually made my night happier.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Smith still a fvcking cancer.

At least he has a partner in crime now with Jennings by his side.

It really sucks to hate two players from your favorite team.

BigDofBA

Just two hack gunners who have no respect for the game and are only in it for themselves. Their ignorance, stupidity and selfishness was on full display tonight.

The epitome of what's wrong with the NBA these days.
    I'm pretty sure you and I have had this conversation every season going on four years now.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    I'm pretty sure you and I have had this conversation every season going on four years now.
    Yeah, pretty much.

Smith is infuriating. He has so much talent and can be such an asset when he's actually crashing the boards and going to the hoop.

Instead, he'd rather jack up 3's. But when you sign him to be a SF, this is what you're going to get more often than not.

BigDofBA

Smith jacking threes......same shit different year.

When there were rumors of the Thunder going after him I was like helllllll no.

Smith looks like he is stoned when he plays and doesn't care.

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Smith stinks but Rudy Gay is a stud.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    Smith stinks but Rudy Gay is a stud.
    If you like big surface stats, Gay is your man.

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

If you like big surface stats, Gay is your man.
    I like an athlete who can create his own shot.

JM92
    JM92's Avatar Become A Pro!

I don't like Gay but even for him being compared to Josh Smith must be an offense.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by JM92 View Post
    I don't like Gay but even for him being compared to Josh Smith must be an offense.
    I'm not comparing them as players -- I'm saying they're both black holes who do nothing to help their teams win despite the fact that they look like solid contributors on paper.

12 Last