SBRforum Staff
    SBRforum Staff's Avatar Become A Pro!

Al McMordie: Stay with sizzling Spurs

Stay with sizzling Spurs

Game Time: 12/13/2006 8:00:00 PM

By: Al McMordie
    Football picks NFL Picks sports gambling Baseball picks college football picks basketball picks odds

Sparked by the return of Manu Ginobili, the San Antonio Spurs have been sizzling of late, winning five of their last six and averaging 25+ point margins of victory in their last four triumphs. And there's no reason to think that will change tonight as the Alamo City roundballers host the Minnesota Timberwolves at the AT&T Center in San Antonio.

The Spurs have been spreading the ball around since the return of Manu Ginobili, and outside of a loss at the Lakers, San Antonio has been blowing out their foes.

On Monday, Brent Barry led the team in scoring with 24 points and Ginobili added 18 in his first start since the injury. Tim Duncan and Tony Parker had 17 and 21 respectively. San Antonio (16-6) has won five of their last six, with the last four Spurs wins by an average of more than 25 points.

The problem for Minnesota (10-9) tonight is that they can't match the many weapons of the Spurs. Kevin Garnett will get his 20 points and 10 rebounds, but the rest of the Timberwolves will have trouble against one of the league's best defenses that is allowing opponents just over 91 points per game.

The Spurs have won the last five meetings between these teams in the Alamo City, holding Minny to just 81 points per game in those contests. Take San Antonio.

Play: Spurs -9
    Last edited by SBRforum Staff; 12-13-06 at 09:03 AM.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I disagree with your Spurs play here. I do like Minny +9 in this game myself.