BigDeem5
    2013-2016 NBA: 461-378-24 +52.65u
    BigDeem5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2158

Quote Originally Posted by BennyBigNuts View Post
    Not even close to the same comparison.
    They didn't team up in the off-season, maneuver paycuts, as well as recruit other minimum wage role-players willing to come for less money to IF it happened.
    The Celtics didn't scam their team, they built it with no funny business. And it's not like any of those 3 players in that picture were EVER a top 5 NBA player. Heat had 2 of the top 5 when it happened (Wade has faded to a top 20 player now).
    Yet again Benny hows his lack of intelligence, Wade wasn't a top 5 player.

BennyBigNuts
    BennyBigNuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1078

Quote Originally Posted by BigDeem5 View Post
    Don't even bother dickmouth
    Guy was the NBA scoring champ a year or 2 before Lebron got there while winning rings.
    You have no chance brah, seriously.

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage
    keyboarding's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 972

Quote Originally Posted by mikemca View Post
    How was this any different?There are also plenty of teams where bringing in the superstar didn't work too well(Lakers,Knicks).Its not like the Heat are unbeatable.The Pacers ,Celtics,and Thunder all had their chances last years playoffs.

See if you can spot the difference:

Boston Scenario:
    Pierce has been a starter every season since being selected by the Celtics with the 10th overall pick in the 1998 NBA Draft.
    Garnett was traded to the Boston Celtics in a blockbuster trade in 2007.
    On June 28, 2007, the Sonics traded Allen and Glen Davis, the 35th overall pick in the 2007 NBA Draft, to the Celtics in exchange for Delonte West, Wally Szczerbiak, and the fifth overall pick, Jeff Green.

Miami Scenario:
    Dwayne Wade was selected 5th overall in the 2003 NBA Draft by the Miami Heat.
    On July 8, LeBron James announced on a live ESPN special titled The Decision that he would sign with the Heat.
    On July 10, 2010, Bosh officially completed a sign-and-trade deal with the Miami Heat, teaming up with Wade and James.

mikemca
    Update Status
    mikemca's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 98

Quote Originally Posted by keyboarding View Post
    See if you can spot the difference:

Boston Scenario:
    Pierce has been a starter every season since being selected by the Celtics with the 10th overall pick in the 1998 NBA Draft.
    Garnett was traded to the Boston Celtics in a blockbuster trade in 2007.
    On June 28, 2007, the Sonics traded Allen and Glen Davis, the 35th overall pick in the 2007 NBA Draft, to the Celtics in exchange for Delonte West, Wally Szczerbiak, and the fifth overall pick, Jeff Green.

Miami Scenario:
    Dwayne Wade was selected 5th overall in the 2003 NBA Draft by the Miami Heat.
    On July 8, LeBron James announced on a live ESPN special titled The Decision that he would sign with the Heat.
    On July 10, 2010, Bosh officially completed a sign-and-trade deal with the Miami Heat, teaming up with Wade and James.

You guys can hate on him all you want I'm not even a Heat fan but 76ers.Lebron admitted he made a dumb mistake with the big hoopla about his move to Miami.Get over it.At least he is living up to the hype unlike Dwight Howard who thinks he is god's gift or Amare.

My point is that OP is acting like the Heat are far superior to everyone and it's unfair.The Pacers were up 2-1 in the series, Boston 3-2, and Thunder 2-0.The 90s Bulls had a bigger gap on the field than the Heat.

Sport_Fish
    Sport_Fish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2039

Quote Originally Posted by BigDeem5 View Post
    name 5 players in the league better than him.

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage

Lebron admitted he made a dumb mistake with the big hoopla about his move to Miami.Get over it.
    You clearly don't understand how respect in the game works for top level players so you cannot understand why what he did was a problem. Go back to the kid's table and get a clue, pal.

God bless.

mikemca
    Update Status
    mikemca's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 98

You clearly don't understand how respect in the game works for top level players so you cannot understand why what he did was a problem. Go back to the kid's table and get a clue, pal.

God bless.
    A guy with a jjgold avatar thinks he knows what its like to be a top level NBA player.Now I've heard it all.You clearly try to be some kind of internet sbr cool guy and that alone makes me wonder who needs to get a clue.I'm sure you will be dictating soon who is going to have the right to pay you multi millions.Just keep swinging on those nutsacks and you will get there.

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage

I'm sure you will be dictating soon who is going to have the right to pay you multi millions
    You keep missing the point, kid. Just keep playing your SBR poker tournaments and leave the discussion to the grown ups.

HardCore
    I Win Some, I Lose Less
    HardCore's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

Hardcore NBA fans hate LEbron because he cheated the game of basketball.
    His rings will never mean anything in Miami.
    People want to see him lose for what he did.
    He is without a doubt the 2nd best player in the history of the game, but it was basically equivalent to doing steroids in baseball, making a deal between friends to beef up a team, then getting a bunch of yearning followers at the end of their careers also sign for less money to get a tainted ring as well.
    It's sad, and it's the truth.
    Lebron will never get the respect of any old school NBA players, or actual fans of the games itself, in general.
    your an idiot and so is the person that gave you points for this junk

BennyBigNuts

Quote Originally Posted by HardCore View Post
    your an idiot and so is the person that gave you points for this junk
    It's YOU'RE not your.
    At least present an 8th grade level of education when you try and bash someone you degenerate.

Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13209

best players right now
    1. Lebron
    2. KD
    3. Carmelo Anthony
    4. D12
    5. Kyrie Irving, CP3
    6. Wade, Kobe

abzflabz
    abzflabz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 485

did someone say choke?

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

what exactly is the problem with the big 3 joining forces in miami
    did they break any rules? no.
    friends and family members join college teams together all the time
    shud we shun those teams as well?
    tom brady restructured his contract so his team can get more cap room
    i guess we shud shit on him as well
    what about the lakers/knicks constantly going over the nba cap and outspending people
    why isnt that a problem for people?

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4315

Quote Originally Posted by Frisco View Post
    Guy has 1 ring against an up and coming thunder team that was completely over matched.
    Up and coming Thunder team? Maybe 3 years ago. Remember, they were favored to win the Finals when it started.

jsmithj88

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    Up and coming Thunder team? Maybe 3 years ago. Remember, they were favored to win the Finals when it started.

thunder actually had more talent than miami last year

Frisco
    Frisco's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post

Whoever had them as faves was an idiot. They were still a young run and gun team that can't play defense and lacks a singlrle low post scorer. They match up terribly with the heat and their idiot coach refuses to play zone d which could fore bron shoot from the outside

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage

Quote Originally Posted by jsmithj88 View Post
    what exactly is the problem with the big 3 joining forces in miami
    did they break any rules? no.
    friends and family members join college teams together all the time
    shud we shun those teams as well?
    tom brady restructured his contract so his team can get more cap room
    i guess we shud shit on him as well
    what about the lakers/knicks constantly going over the nba cap and outspending people
    why isnt that a problem for people?
    You seriously can't tell the difference between MIA and those examples?

College players don't get paid.

Brady took less money to give his management a better chance at acquiring players, not for his friend's to join the team (who also took pay cuts). Brady wants to know his championships weren't an orchestrated farce.

If a team wants to spend more money and pay extra in taxes they can, it's their money. Nothing wrong with spending more. Something fukked up about taking less money so you can play with two other premier players who also agree to take less.

It was a conspiracy at the expense of competitive balance. It wouldn't be as big of an issue if it wasn't LeBron James, who has the skill level to lead a team to a championship on his own. To join a team to play second fiddle is flat out disgusting if you are a fan of the game. If you aren't outright disgusted and insulted by the actions of those three players then you clearly don't give a fukk about the game. They have put into motion a perverted way of going about things that should fukk up that league for years to come.
    Points Awarded:

BennyBigNuts gave keyboarding 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: BennyBigNuts

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

keyboarding you only think miami is a conspiracy, and not the other events you are discussing, because lebron/wade/bosh have been a bit more open in discussing what they were doing.

to think that was the first time a behind the scenes deal was made between top players is more than a bit naive.

keyboarding
    SBR's Respected Garbage

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post
    keyboarding you only think miami is a conspiracy, and not the other events you are discussing, because lebron/wade/bosh have been a bit more open in discussing what they were doing.

to think that was the first time a behind the scenes deal was made between top players is more than a bit naive.
    It isn't just the fact they conspired (quite poorly and at the expense of their old teams/fans), it's the pay cuts they took to pull it off and the quality of the players involved. Bosh fukked TOR over the way he handled it (much like Howard did in ORL) and James fukked the fans in CLE. The fact people cheer for players like that is so pathetic, and that some on here defend their actions is embarrassing.

But I'd like you to show me another example where two top 5 players at their position signed with a team with a top 5 player, took pay cuts in doing so, and are all friends off the court. I'll wait.

jsmithj88

It isn't just the fact they conspired (quite poorly and at the expense of their old teams/fans), it's the pay cuts they took to pull it off and the quality of the players involved. Bosh fukked TOR over the way he handled it (much like Howard did in ORL) and James fukked the fans in CLE. The fact people cheer for players like that is so pathetic, and that some on here defend their actions is embarrassing.

But I'd like you to show me another example where two top 5 players at their position signed with a team with a top 5 player, took pay cuts in doing so, and are all friends off the court. I'll wait.
    obviously its not happend before
    not sure y u need to set those restrictions
    there are plenty of examples of people taking less money to join superteams

most players will want to be paid first and foremost and complain about their crappy teams later
    they were smart in the sense that they controlled their own destiny instead of it being in the hands of a GM

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Team just fcks around for 3 quarters then turns it on, unreal. I wish I could hate LeBron. but you have to respect it.

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

all 3 players played out their original contracts. people cheer for eli manning, and he refused to play for the chargers who drafted him. people cheer for donald driver, and he was a drug dealing car thief.

just the fact that it gives you someone to cheer against makes the nba inherently more interesting than if there was the competitive equality you desire, right?

remember robot wars/battlebots? fun competitions, but after time without villains to root against, there were really no heroes to root for.

quite a few people were watching a first round n.i.t. game last night, and it wasn't because they wanted to see robert morris win. they just wanted to see kentucky lose.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

mike was there a hated guy/team in the nba when jordan dominated after the pistons faded? nope

also plenty of people have kobe and the lakers to root against so the nba doesnt really have to have another bad guy/team

the bottom line is that people dislike lebron because of a) the decision and b) the rock concert telling everyone theyd win seven titles or whatever

he also carried himself like a bitch his first year with the heat (see: wade and lebron mocking dirk in front of cameras during the nba finals before they got fukkin sizzled)

do you think this article was written just because three guys wanted to play together?

http://www.cleveland.com/ohio-sports...t_3_not_4.html

jsmithj88

did we forget a big 3 was almost formed with duncun/hill/mcgrady?
    the big 3 in boston all took less money to keep their team together
    the big 3 from the spurs all took less money to keep their team together
    im sure if given the opportunity, KD and westbrook would have given some money back to keep harden

the one thing that i was surprised about was they all took less money to play together
    most people want a great team but arent willing to sacrifice money when it comes down to it
    nothing those 3 did were against the rules, they were free agents
    i have a big problem when players are forcing a trade to a specific team

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by Git Lo View Post
    best players right now
    1. Lebron
    2. KD
    3. Carmelo Anthony
    4. D12
    5. Kyrie Irving, CP3
    6. Wade, Kobe
    Kyrie Irving, Dwight Howard, Anthony better players than Kobe Bryant?

This list is a joke.

D12 and Irving better than bryant

I love SBR

BennyBigNuts

did we forget a big 3 was almost formed with duncun/hill/mcgrady?
    the big 3 in boston all took less money to keep their team together
    the big 3 from the spurs all took less money to keep their team together
    im sure if given the opportunity, KD and westbrook would have given some money back to keep harden

the one thing that i was surprised about was they all took less money to play together
    most people want a great team but arent willing to sacrifice money when it comes down to it
    nothing those 3 did were against the rules, they were free agents
    i have a big problem when players are forcing a trade to a specific team
    You sound like someone with NBA knowledge but who is clueless on how to use it.
    Your examples are horrible and worthless because all those setups you mentioned were ALREADY together.
    ALSO, Westbrook and Durant did not offer less money to keep Harden that's why he's gone. And when you are saying BIG 3's they are more like big 2 1/2's. Not even close to the BIG 3 that Lebron scammed up.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10986

The big3 didn't take pay cuts. They actually make more money when you factor not having to pay state taxes in Florida.

I'm a Cleveland fan but I said it in this forum that Lebron had every right to leave (although I abhored the way he left). He was a free agent and it was obvious that he wasn't going to get it done in Cleveland. He made a lot of mistakes in Cleveland, most of all handicapping the team by forcing them to pick teammates that he wanted BUT the front office was horrible. Especially, Danny Ferry. He put shit on top of shit and did nothing to make the team better. Overpaid for players that should have been at the YMCA.

Lebron leaving helped Miami and Cleveland if you're honest. Cleveland is about to be an up and coming team. I say 3 years from now, Cleveland will be better than Miami. 4 of Cleveland's players were on the up and coming NBA team. If they stay healthy they are going to be a very good team. Even this year, the Cav's have out played most of the top tiered teams in the first 3 quarters. They just don't know how to close out games because they are young. Give them a couple more years and look out. Who knows, Lebron may want to come back too.

I use to make fun of Lebron (I still do) as a Clevelander. I saw holes in his game in Cleveland and didn't see him ever working on it. He's grown up the past few years. He's worked on those flaws and he's the best player on the planet. I use to see Michael play in person and never thought I'd say this but I'd take Lebron if I was starting a team. He just makes players around him better. Even Dleaguers won games with him.

I think it's okay to have fun and hate on Lebron but you need to be honest with yourself and realize that you are watching something you may never ever see again in your lifetime. At least appreciate the ride.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    I think it's okay to have fun and hate on Lebron but you need to be honest with yourself and realize that you are watching something you may never ever see again in your lifetime. At least appreciate the ride.
    Exactly -- so why all the hate. Most of these guys are not intellectual, Lebron didn't even go to college and speaks like he barely finished middle school. At the end of the day, they are athletes. We are here to watch and witness their (basketball) talents.

I could care less if Bryant raped someone -- doesn't change the fact that he's one of the greatest athletes of all time.

All that matters is what these guys do on the court.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: BennyBigNuts

Goat Milk

It's never been done.

The Lakers did almost the same thing this year. They have a top 3 player in the league, acquired the best big man in the nba, and say a top 10 PG. not quite the same dominance as a lebron and wade on the same team but many ppl have argued that both dwight and bryant are top 5 players in the league. What's the difference?

no one is saying anything/complaining because the Lakers are 8th in the west.

The same way no one was saying anything when Miami started the year bad and only got a 2 seed in the East. They thought the project would fail. Then they win and now the excuses pile up.

At the end of the day, you have to do what's necessary to cement your legacy.

Boston did the same thing with KG Pierce and Allen. Allen was easily top 10 at the sg position and KG was easily top 5 PF. Pierce was a top 5 SF. Miami formed their team based off that. And teams will now try to emulate the Miami model making these college players have to work harder and harder to find a spot in the league.

jsmithj88

You sound like someone with NBA knowledge but who is clueless on how to use it.
    Your examples are horrible and worthless because all those setups you mentioned were ALREADY together.
    ALSO, Westbrook and Durant did not offer less money to keep Harden that's why he's gone. And when you are saying BIG 3's they are more like big 2 1/2's. Not even close to the BIG 3 that Lebron scammed up.
    my point was that players have taken less money to keep superteams together
    so that makes my points neither worthless nor horrible
    if u read wat i said about the thunder, i said "IF" they were given the opportunity to give some money up for harden im fairly certain they would have done it.

Mac4Lyfe

Exactly...

The Lakers have been doing it for decades. Boston too. They get what they want while small market teams get the left overs. It is what it is, the rich get richer. Rules are in place to try and be impartial. Teams have to play within the rules. If others don't like it then they need to change the rules. The Heat was well within the rules. Sucks for opposing teams but its the hand you're dealt.

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    It's never been done.

The Lakers did almost the same thing this year.

jsmithj88

The big3 didn't take pay cuts. They actually make more money when you factor not having to pay state taxes in Florida.

I say 3 years from now, Cleveland will be better than Miami. 4 of Cleveland's players were on the up and coming NBA team. If they stay healthy they are going to be a very g
    ood team.

I use to see Michael play in person and never thought I'd say this but I'd take Lebron if I was starting a team. He just makes players around him better. Even Dleaguers won games with him.

I think it's okay to have fun and hate on Lebron but you need to be honest with yourself and realize that you are watching something you may never ever see again in your lifetime. At least appreciate the ride
    lebron and wade definately took paycuts, those 2 shud be earning max contracts
    bosh on the other hand mite get it from a team but hes not a superstar at all

kyrie has been off and on the injured list, hes not exactly durable in my eyes so far
    stars are what will ultimately get teams to the next level
    they are gonna need another one to be a serious contender
    again, ur success as a team is almost 100% reliant on the competence of ur GM and front office

lebron is a rare play that does make EVERYONE on the team better
    but i dunno if i take him over jordan

thats kinda funny coming from u cuz u were leading the charge against lebron many a times, haha
    but its true, this animosity towards lebron is a joke now
    people really need to let that stuff go

jsmithj88

Exactly...

The Lakers have been doing it for decades. Boston too. They get what they want while small market teams get the left overs. It is what it is, the rich get richer. Rules are in place to try and be impartial. Teams have to play within the rules. If others don't like it then they need to change the rules. The Heat was well within the rules. Sucks for opposing teams but its the hand you're dealt.
    yup, exactly my point
    if people have a problem with 3 stars taking LESS money to team up
    then they also be against teams like the lakers, knicks, yankees, redsox, etc etc
    franchises that can just outspend every1 else while small markets are forced to part with their stars

abzflabz
    abzflabz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 485

Maybe small market teams should pay their players. Look at okc trading away harden so they dont have to pay him max.

Mac4Lyfe

Lebron, Bosh and Wade all signed 6 year contracts exactly $15 million less than the max. Bosh and James look to earn $110 million over the six. Wade's is worth $107m. All three have opt out clauses after 4. Very simple math will show you that Ohio State taxes is close to 6% or about 6.6 million in taxes (even though NBA players have to pay taxes in each state where the arena that they play in so its more like half of that). Either way they both would end up taking about $8 million less over 6 years. That's peanuts. Also realize that that's if they would have signed max contract with Cleveland and Toronto if they stayed. Lebron has never signed a max contract and probably would not have signed one if he had stayed in Cleveland so NO he did not take a pay cut by going to Miami.

I liked bashing Lebron especially after the Decision but it was always in jest. I did think he was selfish and had too big of an ego to improve his game. He's really impressed me the last few years by developing a low post, working on his mid range, stopped dribbling and draining the clock then jacking up ill advised 3s and working on his free throws. He's admitted to making mistakes and is a better person for it. It's only basketball, it's not life and death. I think I mentioned before that I know his uncle and I went to some of his games dating back to HS. I'm very impressed with the way he's handled himself especially knowing some of his family members. How he didn't end up getting in trouble and doing stupid shit is a real testament on his inner strength.

Jordan use to bring it every night. It was amazing to see him perform night after night. Lebron is at that point now. Jordan would try to take over games himself and often did by sheer will. Lebron looks for the most efficient way to win even if that means getting others involved. Jordan was a "me first" and was taking that shot even if he was triple covered (and would make it). Lebron builds trust by getting the ball into the right spot. I really think Lebron makes his teammates much better. The Heat really shouldn't be as good as they are. Guy's like Chalmers shouldn't be scoring 17 points tonight.

Kyrie will be okay. I won't label him injury prone at this point. If the Cavs were challenging for a playoff run he'd be playing right now. The Cavs have some good pieces in place. Add a quality 3 and a PG to spell Kyrie and this team is the new face of the East. These guys are long and athletic and young. Grant just can't afford to make mistakes.

lebron and wade definately took paycuts, those 2 shud be earning max contracts
    bosh on the other hand mite get it from a team but hes not a superstar at all

lebron is a rare play that does make EVERYONE on the team better
    but i dunno if i take him over jordan

thats kinda funny coming from u cuz u were leading the charge against lebron many a times, haha
    but its true, this animosity towards lebron is a joke now
    people really need to let that stuff go

First 123 Last