Formula
    Formula's Avatar Become A Pro!

Our Leader

Sacramento Kings at Golden State Warriors

Under 214

Fundamental
    Bragging rights in the country of Northern California at stake tonight. Glancing at this game would certainly lead to thinking an over is in the cards and the pace will probably seem that way throughout the game, but Golden State has been trending down on offense and subsequently playing a little more defense. They are missing some key players and they appear to be slightly less hectic.

Sacramento may be getting their offensive act together since the last time we visited them but with Miller getting significant minutes, it is clear they have to slow the pace a little for him to get established on offense. Artest is looking as healthy as he has been all season as noted by the coach, and when he's healthy there is no stronger defensive presence in the game.

Technical
    Setup = LLL
    Raw Total = 211
    Injury Index = -4
    Challenge Index = +2
    Projection = 209

moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

Let's hope one of these squads pull off a deal for AI before the game.

austintx05
    austintx05's Avatar Become A Pro!

Whats that pic of?

primo_skillz
    primo_skillz's Avatar Become A Pro!

No idea how he comes up with the thread titles and the pictures.

Formula

Quote Originally Posted by austintx05
    Whats that pic of?
    It is a rasta artist's rendition of a Warrior King.

Formula

Quote Originally Posted by OWNED
    Let's hope one of these squads pull off a deal for AI before the game.
    It probably won't happen before the game, but it would appear that Golden State is the most logical choice. They have the pieces that are expendable to be able to get a deal done. Warriors fans should be praying that Troy Murphy and Mike Dunleavy are part of the deal. Ike Diogu's name could also be tossed around. If the Warriors do get the deal done then they have no excuse not to be a contender in the playoffs. It is fashionable for people to say that AI is a cancer to a team but there is simply no evidence to support that. He's overperformed for a decade with an underperforming supporting group. He'll be in heaven playing in Golden State.

gummo
    Bearcats
    gummo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1195

I enjoy your write-ups. Good luck tonight.

Lucas
    i am broke
    Lucas's Avatar Become A Pro!

what a picture again
    i wanna say something to the picture, but nothing consistent comes to my mind, and therefore that is really cool art

let´s hope that the warrior stops warriors from another scoring, now it is looking that heavy infantry came to GS... their 3pters have higher % than is % of FT in last NBA days..almost..

moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

If GS can pull away with this one, I think the under can still come in with the lack of heart Sacramento has showed this year.

Kareem
    Kareem's Avatar Become A Pro!

122 pts at HT. Must be fun for the players to have all those shots. Any life left here?

Lucas
    i am broke
    Lucas's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by OWNED
    If GS can pull away with this one, I think the under can still come in with the lack of heart Sacramento has showed this year.
    you are absolutelly right, but i idiot betted over for second half

Kareem
    Kareem's Avatar Become A Pro!

Well - no prize for losing narrowly

Gambling sure can be humbling.

rickyg50
    rickyg50's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

I dont think Sacremento is going to win 40 games this year.

lkravovicz
    lkravovicz's Avatar Become A Pro!

so far... if you just skip every other one, you'll make a 100% on Formula plays

going at a 50% clip, that's good shooting.

Formula

Pedal to the metal. Golden State was on fire tonight and Sacramento did not want to do anything to cool them off. As a bonus, the refs made sure both teams stayed in the bonus. The shot total was manageable for the large number with which we were working (164 shots averages about 160 points) but with the refs calling a foul every 15 seconds there were 77 FTs taken. Obviously this number is simply too high to support the total going UNDER. This was not so much a result of poor defense but instead it had more to do with the fact that the players were scared to play defense based on the way the game was being officiated. This had the added effect of generating an above average shooting %.

Having said that, the real problem with this game was pace. If the whistles hadn't come, then more shots would have been launched. It's safe to say that there would have been 180+ shots if there had been less fouls called. In an average situation with a game of this pace the total would project at 218 (180 points from FGs and 38 from FTs), which still would have yielded an OVER.

Sacramento is not playing smart basketball right now. They are letting teams impose whatever pace they want even to the detriment of the Kings offense. If it doesn't change quickly, Artest could become a real problem for this team.

The Warrior King looks nice but he doesn't have much to offer. Time to go back East to a wonderful little place called O He O.