lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

anyoine who picks lebron over jordan did not watch mj play

the only people who pick james are people who just started watching the nba since 1998. anyone who watched jordan play would never pick lejames over him. its such a useless comparison.

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Is anyone doing this? Bro they aren't in the same conversation yet.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    Is anyone doing this? Bro they aren't in the same conversation yet.

bro isiah thomas just did. anyways so many people have said lebron is this and that. so sick of this 28 year old guy who looks like he is 50.

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    bro isiah thomas just did. anyways so many people have said lebron is this and that. so sick of this 28 year old guy who looks like he is 50.
    Isiah hates Jordan though. Lebron has taken his game to another level but it comes down to rings.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

isiah just jelly that jordan kept him off the dream team

oldscho0led
    home dogs
    oldscho0led's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5503

Isiah who?

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

jordan w/eleven scoring titles and 6 rings. lebron doesn't have to earn anything, it's just assumed in advance.

I am Happy
    I am Happy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Not a comparison by no means... The talking heads doing lip service is all... It's a joke

pouyasophy
    pouyasophy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

I think if Lebron wins about 10 rings it's equivalent to MJ's 6 because Lebron has failed so many times already and has teamed up with 3 HOFers

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Who cares! These debates are pointless both guys are the best in their era but since they never faced off it's really hard to tell. My fave is the dynasty debate tho and everyone who points at the Celts and Russell with all those rings. By comparison the 80's Lakers and 90's Bulls were much more impressive. Better competion and ALOT more teams to get thru, tougher traveling schedules etc... oh yeah and the obvious elephant in the room alot fewer white guys lol!

BigDeem5
    2013-2016 NBA: 461-378-24 +52.65u
    BigDeem5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2158

All the lbj haters checking in... Jordan needed Phil Jackson and Pippen. Lebron played with a d league squad in clrveland

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

Why does everyone have something to say about this? Its the same thread over and over!

Does mj have impact on your next hoops bet?

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21665

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Isiah did not say LeBron is better. Read again.

killersweet
    killersweet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9409

I think you gotta be over 35 to really appreciate what MJ did.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

I have alot of great memories of anticipating and watching televised Bulls vs Hawks games back in elementary-through early HS.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by BigDeem5 View Post
    All the lbj haters checking in... Jordan needed Phil Jackson and Pippen. Lebron played with a d league squad in clrveland
    And won how many titles?

You somehow get dumber by the day. Get a clue kid.

TankHankerous
    Frrrrrrunkis!
    TankHankerous's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 576

If Jordan played James in a 1 on 1 to 21 win by 2 Jordan would win 21-14.

Computer simulated prediction software brahs.

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.
    GUMMO77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post
    isiah just jelly that jordan kept him off the dream team

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Is Lebron really good on 1 on 1? I think Jordan of his prime would twist and turn Lebron like a marionette and score at will. And he is also a better defender.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Is Lebron really good on 1 on 1? I think Jordan of his prime would twist and turn Lebron like a marionette and score at will. And he is also a better defender.

not really a relevant question in my mind in regards to the OP/Topic

but it is fun to think about, no doubt Jordan in his Prime was better 1 vs 3 or 4 even, and developed great post up skills too. I think his competitiveness and "clutch" ability would allow him to beat Lebron more often than not. but than again, on the flip side, who did Jordan ever guard that had Lebron's physical capibilities? at his size and strength, combined with quickness and leaping ability? and not often did Jordan get guarded by that kind of combo.... Lebron ain't no Craig Ehlo or Joe Dumars or Reggie Miller.

besides that didn't Jordan get beat in 1 on 1 by some insurance salesman or something once?

who knows

but yeah if you are old enough to remember, you remember the magical feeling that Michael brought to games. I've never felt that from another player in my lifetime

PerfectGrape
    PerfectGrape's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1887

Remember in the '11 ECF after Lebron dismantled Bulls? Most incredible series I've seen of him.
    "Michael Jordan is probably the greatest scorer to ever play the game. I may go so far as saying LeBron James may be the greatest player to ever play the game." Chicago flipped out and Scottie later changed his comments. People still having the same conversation. I guess #33 didn't see MJ play.

"It's a futile discussion," said Randy Roberts, a professor of history at Purdue University and author of several books on boxing greats, including the recent "Joe Louis: Hard Times Man." "My guess is this is the kind of conversation that takes place most often in a bar. I think you have to be kind of drunk to think it's an interesting discussion."
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Chi_archie

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

ah!!! ECF!!!! that is awesome!

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1830

1 on 1 games are really lame if you actually see them professionally. Lebron would just back him down all day.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    1 on 1 games are really lame if you actually see them professionally. Lebron would just back him down all day.
    Problem is Jordan can shoot over Lebron any time. He has a higher percent shot than Lebron. If Lebron tries to play him close he will drive by him.

dlunc3
    dlunc3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1076

Problem is Jordan can shoot over Lebron any time. He has a higher percent shot than Lebron. If Lebron tries to play him close he will drive by him.
    looking at career shooting percentages that are fractions off like it would actually matter in a 1 on 1 game

and really? you really think jordan would have a better chance at defending lebron then the other way around? jordan would have no chance to stop him, lebron is too big.. sure lebron couldnt stop mj either, but gotta give lebron the edge on the defensvie side in a 1 on 1 game. Jordan would have not chance on defense

reppin_the_847
    reppin_the_847's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

I've been disagreeing with a lot of your statements lately LB, but I definitely agree with you on this one. Michael Jordan is clearly the GOAT. Comparing MJ to Lebron is like comparing Rocky to Ivan Drago for anyone that has seen the classic film Rocky 4. Rocky was more nimble and could still stick an opponent with more grace. Ivan Drago was brute force & in terms of max power, he was superior to Rocky. MJ is like Rocky while LeBron is like Ivan Drago, a freak of nature. That just leaves Apollo Creed. Who would he be like? LOL.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

If Michael Jordan skipped college like Lebron he would have had 10 NBA championships. How can you lose to the Dallas Mavericks and Dirk Nowitzki in the NBA finals and be considered the best player ever?

Yotone
    Yotone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 348

Gotta wait till Lebron hangs it up to judge.
    People said the same thing about Kobe years ago and people laughed. I mean Kobe is no Jordan but he is as close as anyone can get.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6892

Quote Originally Posted by killersweet View Post
    I think you gotta be over 35 to really appreciate what MJ did.
    wrong, I appreciate Jordan to the max and I'm under 30.

YouMama
    Losers Lose
    YouMama's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

it was a different era back then, back then jordan, byrd, even kobe... guys like that were killers... byrd would tell you hes stright up gonna come out and shoot it right in your f'ing face, and there wasnt a thing you could do about it... then he would do it, and be a a-hole about it... labron smiles and plays around, he isnt a killer, just a freak of nature with alot of skill

bleek88
    The picture of me on SBR is FAKE NOT ME
    bleek88's Avatar Become A Pro!

its this simple:

Bron is a beast, but MJ could always do it. beast or not.

Spoon19xx
    Spoon19xx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 433

LeBron plays with grown Men in the NBA like they are little boys. I dont like comparing him to MJ. Im only 20 so i really didnt watch Jordan Play But I must say MJ was a true baller who played with an umatched intensity for the game. The real question is will there ever be a freak basketball athlete WHO is as big and powerful and fast as LeBron?

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Most of the people on this site that say this are obviously very young and never saw Jordan play.

No one is on Jordan's level.

Lebron isn't even on Kobe's level. Kobe is on te downside if his career and still owned Lebron in te All-Star game.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1920

Yep, Michael Jordan is a better than Lebron James.

Michael Jordan 30.1 PPG
    Lebron James 27.6 PPG

Michael Jordan 6 time NBA champion.
    Lebron James 1 time NBA champion.

Michael Jordan 5 time NBA MVP.
    Lebron James 3 time NBA MVP.

When Lebron James retires is when it's easier to determine the better player.
    Right now, Michael Jordan is the best.