TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Look How Empty The Palace of Auburn Hills Is In 2013

Sorry the photo is blurry. Took this from my friends FB page.

You have to fill more seats than this... just to stay above water. I'm not that stupid.

bhodgin
    bhodgin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 498

Well yeah, it's the pistons bro

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

was this a rec church game?

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Joe D must be proud. He's run that franchise into the ground.

bettilimbroke999
    bettilimbroke999's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 506

In another Pistons thread I offered a 100 bucks to anyone whod penetrate their gf buck naked in the stands at a Pistons home game....just to see if anyone would notice

I fully expected to be Paypaling someone a 100 bucks by now as you could probably hammer your girl courtside and not get noticed

One rule though you cant pay 20 bucks or whatever it costs for a private suite at a Pistons home game...you have to slam ur girl buck naked in the regular stands standing up (not layin down hidden by the seats so just dont be a pussy as you could probably penetrate a horse at a Pistons home game and not get noticed anyway)

Standing up doggy style, putting her up on one of the seatbacks and slamming her to completion etc are all acceptable...pics will have to be posted on SBR
    Last edited by bettilimbroke999; 02-15-13 at 12:01 AM.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: The Kraken

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

Quote Originally Posted by bettilimbroke999 View Post
    In another Pistons thread I offered a 100 bucks to anyone whod penetrate their gf buck naked in the stands at a Pistons home game....just to see if anyone would notice

I fully expected to be Paypaling someone a 100 bucks by now as you could probably hammer your girl courtside and not get noticed

pook
    pook's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 224

There might be more people there than at most 76ers games. Some tickets were on StubHub last week for under 50 cents.

frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

Why would you go watch a Hornets Piston game anyways.

TheMoneyShot

What I think the most remarkable thing about this photo is... not just 90% of the seats are empty... You have several front row seats unfilled.... empty. It's really a disgrace. And look at the upper deck... do they even need to pay a janitorial service to clean after a game? I'm surprised they just don't close the upper deck. They sure as hell can't sell lower bowl rows 1-9.

In Detroit... you hardly see anyone where Pistons gear anymore. You almost look like a fool for wearing it. I wouldn't go to a game if you paid me to. A lot of my friends were telling me their getting suite tickets for free. That's unreal. Team just blows.
    Points Awarded:

paco gave TheMoneyShot 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Wilfred
    Wilfred's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 528

It's in a horrible location. People aren't going to make a hassle to get out there if the team isn't good.

no1here
    no1here's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6547

my son just went sitting directly behind joe. he said he bought bb having joe sign it. has tickets for another game same seats. a bunch of us could get a suite on ebay and go. back when the pistons were winning family went several times finding great prices on suites. My 11 year old grandson is now playing some excellent ball wanting to be a pro.

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head
    DOM_Toretto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 989

I live 20 mins from the palace. The only games I've gone to this season were because I got free tickets - literally free tix with free parking passes.

The Palace was more full for my high school graduation there than most pistons games. Pathetic.

nosniboR11
    fu
    nosniboR11's Avatar Become A Pro!

get used to it , going to look like that in every NBA city before it is over

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1800

NBA is a horrible product.

Should be like this in every city.

Microphone
    The Voice of SBR
    Microphone's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15733

It's because they're all at the Red Wings game. In more major cities that have both leagues, the NHL is at least close to even in attendance and buzz. That's real crowd buzz, not the buzz ESPN makes up. Lucky for the NBA that it has a loyal betting following or they'd be off the map.

Based on % to capacity 11-12 NHL vs 10-11 NBA, the last full seasons for each league:

Detroit: NHL
    Chicago, basically even, buzz according to my friends there slight edge to Hawks.
    Dallas NBA
    Miami NBA
    New York Even
    Boston See Chicago. I live here in the Massachusetts. Boston is a hockey town.
    Los Angeles NBA
    Phoenix NBA
    Denver NHL
    Washington NHL
    Toronto NHL
    Minneapolis/St Paul NHL
    Philadelphia NHL
    New Jersey NHL Brutal market. Both could be in first place and they don't draw.
    (San Jose-Golden State) Edge NHL. Up for debate.

Atlanta NBA when the Thrashers were there, but it was slight. Bad sports city that mimics Florida franchises with a bunch of transients.

In close but no cigar markets....Carolina over Charlotte Edge NHL Nashville over Memphis Edge NHL Cleveland over Columbus Edge NBA. Orlando over Tampa Bay Edge NBA. Slight. San Jose

Mark Cuban's message still rings true today:

http://www.thestar.com/opinion/colum...ge_to_nhl.html
    Last edited by Microphone; 02-15-13 at 08:49 AM.

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3229

You have to really Like the NBA product to pay an average of around $60(Includes parking) to watch a bad team like the Pistons play.

oiler
    oiler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2500

they arent the pistons of old

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1800

Quote Originally Posted by Microphone View Post
    It's because they're all at the Red Wings game. In more major cities that have both leagues, the NHL is at least close to even in attendance and buzz. That's real crowd buzz, not the buzz ESPN makes up. Lucky for the NBA that it has a loyal betting following or they'd be off the map.
    Red Wings are really at the bottom in town according to long term "buzz".

NHL numbers are fudged too, hard to believe these 100% capacity when those arenas are half empty looking.

Piston fans are fair weather obviously, they were all over their nuts a few years ago and talk of the town.

Mr. Teaser
    Go Terps/Nats/Skins
    Mr. Teaser's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6161

How much time left in the game? Is this one of those "down by 20 with 10 seconds left in the 4th" shots? Either way it's ridiculous.....Was just wondering. The product the NBA puts out now is pathetic and it's catching up with them.

TheMoneyShot

There's so many theories in this equation. Yes, the Pistons suck... (currently). But I do remember the Pistons were selling out every game and the Detroit Red Wings were... the problem... were the Detroit Tigers. Now, everything is reversed. Everyone has turned to baseball in this city and also the Detroit Lions. The economy isn't that great either. Could be an issue to the problem. I understand it's bad everywhere... but the posted attendance on ESPN.com (in that game) was 10,000. Do you see 10,000 people in that photo?

As far as what's better the NHL or NBA? It's a toss up. Don't understand what Cuban was really indicating in that article? NBA/NHL are 2 different businesses... literally 2 or 3 different ethnic backgrounds. You typically either love the NBA or love the NHL... usually not both.

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Teaser View Post
    How much time left in the game? Is this one of those "down by 20 with 10 seconds left in the 4th" shots? Either way it's ridiculous.....Was just wondering. The product the NBA puts out now is pathetic and it's catching up with them.
    I think it was during the main portion of the game. You don't see anyone leaving. Or getting up.... what's more humiliating is why would you post that photo on your FB page? Like, you kind of look like a loser being there.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    Piston fans are fair weather obviously, they were all over their nuts a few years ago and talk of the town.
    Dumars has been wrong with every move since drafting Darko. Hard to support a garbage product like this. I'm a Piston fan from back in the day and Joe D was my favorite player, but he's driven this franchise into the ground. He took a championship franchise and single-handedly buried it with poor decision making.

Microphone
    The Voice of SBR
    Microphone's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15733

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    Don't understand what Cuban was really indicating in that article? NBA/NHL are 2 different businesses... literally 2 or 3 different ethnic backgrounds. You typically either love the NBA or love the NHL... usually not both.

I think what Cuban is saying is when looking at ratings, you should use a US/Canadian tv rating number for the NHL or all major sports instead of just U.S. I don't disagree. More than anyplace, the U.S. ships more current TV shows north than anywhere. The two countries mimic each other in many ways. ESPN there is TSN, Sports Illustrated and a host a magazine that are U.S. based are sold as regulars up there. Ford, Wendy's, McDonald's.....much is the same.

darrell74
    darrell74's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19440

They should have never traded Chauncey Billups.

they had an NBA record of most consecutive sellouts when he was there.

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by darrell74 View Post
    They should have never traded Chauncey Billups.

they had an NBA record of most consecutive sellouts when he was there.
    I remember that Darrell. I think Dumars knew everyone was breaking apart... team getting older. They wanted to free up cap space. They knew that Iverson had 1 more year on his contract. Billups had 2 or 3 years. Detroit wasn't going to resign Iverson. Dumars's long shot was trying to acquire LeBron James... or have cap space for him. Either that... or he just wanted to save payroll for the sale of the team. There's a lot of things behind closed doors that we just don't know.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32231

Flagrant Fouls: None
    Technical Fouls: PLAYERS: None - TEAMS: None - COACHES: None
    Officials: Joe Crawford, Kevin Scott, Eric Lewis
    Attendance: 11,963
    Time of Game: 2:37

This is why the NBA is so full of shit, from the top down, from the league office in NYC all the way down.
    Look at the attendance for that Bobcat game, 12,000 (almost)
    NBA always seriously over inflates attendance figures.
    I was at a NJ Net game in the old Meadowlands about 6 years ago, place was barely half full, when I looked at the box score the next morning the paper reported 11,000 people there, I was there, there wasn't more that 4500 at that game.

NBA = total BS, at least Vince McMahon tells us his product is fake, Stern should do the same

Metatron
    Metatron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 187

Sports today are about TV ratings not attendance. Might as well play the games in large TV studios. Bottom line is no one watches hockey in the States when compared to the NBA. That is why the networks pay so much for the NBA rights and don't care about the NHL rights.

darrell74

Quote Originally Posted by Metatron View Post
    Sports today are about TV ratings not attendance. Might as well play the games in large TV studios. Bottom line is no one watches hockey in the States when compared to the NBA. That is why the networks pay so much for the NBA rights and don't care about the NHL rights.
    thats right, TV rights are where its at.

I saw someone saying on ESPN, that the Dodgers will earn 250 million dollars in television revenue, this year alone.

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

Pretty sad when you can't even give away tickets for free. Monroe is a sick dunker it's not like the Pistons are complete garbage

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4579

How fuking sad.

Then again, with how good TV's look these days, why go out and deal with the bullsh!t at the arena/stadiums?

darrell74

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    How fuking sad.

Then again, with how good TV's look these days, why go out and deal with the bullsh!t at the arena/stadiums?

100% right onlooker
    100 goddam percent

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32231

Quote Originally Posted by Metatron View Post
    The Garden sells out for the NY Rangers, I don't know about teams like the Blue Jackets though.

frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Flagrant Fouls: None
    Technical Fouls: PLAYERS: None - TEAMS: None - COACHES: None
    Officials: Joe Crawford, Kevin Scott, Eric Lewis
    Attendance: 11,963
    Time of Game: 2:37

This is why the NBA is so full of shit, from the top down, from the league office in NYC all the way down.
    Look at the attendance for that Bobcat game, 12,000 (almost)
    NBA always seriously over inflates attendance figures.
    I was at a NJ Net game in the old Meadowlands about 6 years ago, place was barely half full, when I looked at the box score the next morning the paper reported 11,000 people there, I was there, there wasn't more that 4500 at that game.

NBA = total BS, at least Vince McMahon tells us his product is fake, Stern should do the same
    Baseball isn't any different.

bettilimbroke999
    bettilimbroke999's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 506

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    The Garden sells out for the NY Rangers, I don't know about teams like the Blue Jackets though.
    The Garden would sell out a badmitton game....the Palace in Detroit aint Madison Square Garden in Manhattan. A decent apartment in Manhattan goes for a couple mil, a house in Detroit goes for 50 bucks on Ebay.

You know in a weird sense of irony it would actually cost more to buy your daughter a doll house than it would a real house in Detroit
    Last edited by bettilimbroke999; 02-15-13 at 06:41 PM.

123 Last