Peyton2MarvinN06
    Peyton2MarvinN06's Avatar Become A Pro!

Golden State Warriors...

Is this the same Warriors team that beat the Jazz and the Spurs last week? I mean they lost by 40 to the Spurs last night and 28 to the Rockets tonight! Needless to say, I'm sure they will be glad to get out of the state of Texas! OWNED I know you follow the Warriors closely, so whats going on with them? For the first few weeks of the season, they have looked like a contender, but getting beat by a total of 68 points on back to back nights is absolutely terrible! I know that they have had some injury problems and what not, but to pack it in and just totally get blown out is inexcusable... I think it's a damn good thing for them that they don't play again until Saturday... They have the Hornets at home on Saturday, which might be a good spot to play the Warriors!? Am I crazy, even after losing by 40 and 28 back to back? Anyone have a beat on this team?
    Last edited by Peyton2MarvinN06; 12-05-06 at 09:59 PM.

moses millsap
    moses millsap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1260

Look at their schedule. They went on that run in the midst of a long home stand. Troy Murphy getting healthy and coming back was bad bad news for this team. He is utterly USELESS. Yes, I understand he can knock down a perimeter J once in awhile, but his stats are so misleading, he can't stop anybody down low, which just opens up everything for their opponents' offense with inside out work or just with repeated buckets down low. Coupled when he's on court with Dunleavy, this is when the Warriors get creamed. Nellie needs a base lineup comprising of Baron, J-Rich (Pietrus for now), Ellis, and Biedrins. The 5th can be either Dunleavy, Barnes, Foyle, etc. (any filler). When he starts playing the players with big contracts, we get abused and killed.

Last two nights not so much an issue as they are not in the class of the Spurs or Rockets, even though they beat SA last week, it was a bad spot for SA imo.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

That first meeting the Warriors had with the Spurs is a bit misleading though. Ganobli was out in that first meeting, and they still played tough til the last 4 minutes of that game before they collapsed.

isetcap
    isetcap's Avatar Become A Pro!

If you look at those two teams in Texas you come accross a trend. Both SA and Houston force the tempo of the game when they are at home. GS is a team that is very reliant upon playing their style to be successful. This is a similar dynamic that takes place with Phoenix, except that Phoenix is better structured to force their style on more opponents than is Golden State. Another problem for Golden State is that they are one Biedrins away from being virtually non-existent on defense.