McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

Why does everyone want to give everything to Lebron, rather than have him - say earn it. Like Magic did. Bird. Jordan. Kobe. He's got 1 ring and plays a nice regular season. The game is skewed to favor him. He has every advantage imaginable. Because of it, the NBA is a complete joke amongst proper hoops fans. Wake me up when he has a few rings... And even so, it's garbage in my eyes. It's an ugly form of corruption. He can travel, foul and get most calls of 'anticipated' contact (college is notoriously bad for this, also). It's horsepucky.

GuinnessDrinka
    GuinnessDrinka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2046

Attached Images  

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1800

Quote Originally Posted by bruins35 View Post
    so sick of these kids who never saw jordan play, say kobes the best ever and now lebron .jordan made the nba what it is.
    Wrong. Bird/Magic made the NBA.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: William Walters

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1800

Quote Originally Posted by face View Post
    you think westbrook is a chucker? he averages 23 pts a game, shooting average 43 percent.
    That's TERRRIBBLLEEE....seriously.

NBA is a joke, every schmuck shoots ~40% and think he's good.

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    Wrong. Bird/Magic made the NBA.
    ^-- this

The NBA was so unpopular, they didn't even have sportscards come out for a stretch there until Magic/Bird arrived. That means it was LESS popular than the NHL as a pro league.

Any hoops purest will say that while Jordan was the best thing ever for the game, tilting the table with the Jordan rules ruined it. I can't watch the NBA anymore. College isn't all that much better either, save the Big East tourney.

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

Quote Originally Posted by opie1988 View Post
    Please.

Legend would tell Lebron exactly where he would be shooting it from, and then proceed to light his bitch ass up!

and then lebron would dunk it on bird 20 straight times and run over him like a freight train if he got in the way

i saw jordan play in person at least 30 times, he was great but lebron is on another level as a basketball player (*when he wants to be)

if definition of best is championships then it's russell and jordan isn't close
    if definition of best is best player then it's lebron, end of story

milwaukee mike

might i also add, that if stern didn't allow jordan back after his 2 year suspension, nobody would even get to mention jordan's 6 championships because there would be 3

upscope
    upscope's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6685

Quote Originally Posted by ProPicker713 View Post
    Come on Blue let's be realistic nba back in the days had like 10 players that stood out.
    Who cares about Jordan's triple doubles? I bet you some no name guy was guarding him every game.
    Lebron IS a fukkin boss and can always put down that winning shot 9/10 times.
    This is one of the more ignorant comments I've ever read.

I bet you some no name guy was guarding him every game.
    -This is your problem son, since you have to bet that some no name was guarding him rather than actually know that some no name was guarding him suggest that you weren't around to see Jordan play?? Just another teenager that has no idea what GOAT really means.

Lebron IS a fukkin boss and can put down that winning shot 9/10 times.
    Lebron is a boss, no doubt but Jordan was the boss of the boss. Not only did you obviously not see Jordan play but you are apparently missing LeBron play as well cause he actually CAN'T put down that winning shot 9/10 times. In fact he can't even put it down 1/21 times. Since LeBron James last hit a game winning shot on 5/22/09 he has shot a crisp 0-21 with under 6 seconds to play & the game tied or his team behind 1-2-3 points!!

LeBron James is a freak of nature no doubt about it & when it's all said & done he will have done some great things. But, I'm sorry to inform you youngsters out there that you simply can not be considered the greatest of all-time when you shoot 0-21 on game winning shots. To be considered the greatest of all-time you need to make shots when it matters most.
    Points Awarded:

William Walters gave upscope 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: InTheDrink, and William Walters

upscope
    upscope's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6685

One reason why Russell doesn't get as much credit for his championships as some of the others is because he won the vast majority of those championships in a league that consisted of 8 teams

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post
    might i also add, that if stern didn't allow jordan back after his 2 year suspension, nobody would even get to mention jordan's 6 championships because there would be 3
    this is the dumbest post in the thread

BigDeem5
    2013-2016 NBA: 461-378-24 +52.65u
    BigDeem5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2158

LeBron > Jordan

William Walters
    William Walters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Quote Originally Posted by BigDeem5 View Post
    LeBron Yao > Jordan
    fixed

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

lebron did accomplish something jordan never did

he quit in the eastern conference finals

jordan did whatever had to be done to win...he never, ever quit, unlike lebron, unlike kobe

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

He is not as good as Michael Jordan and not even as good as Kobe Bryant. What are you smoking calling Lebron the greatest ever? In fact even Larry Bird and Magic Johnson are better than him.

GuinnessDrinka
    GuinnessDrinka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2046

Attached Images  

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

fyi lebron leading the cavs to the finals isnt much of an argument because the east was a joke that year and once they played a good team they got swept

William Walters

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post
    lebron did accomplish something jordan never did

he quit in the eastern conference finals

jordan did whatever had to be done to win...he never, ever quit, unlike lebron, unlike kobe
    including being a stiff which led to his beloved father being murdered

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Quote Originally Posted by William Walters View Post
    At least Jordan had a father and his mother wasn't sleeping with Scottie Pippen.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

and thats relevant to who's the best player how again?

William Walters

and thats relevant to who's the best player how again?
    Prove Kobe and or Lebron ever "quit". Otherwise, it's as relevant as your original post.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

Prove Kobe and or Lebron ever "quit". Otherwise, it's as relevant as your original post.
    are you stupid or just that much of a homer?

go look at his first half vs second half stats of this game....and really this is just the most glaring example...he quit against the mavs a couple years ago too

William Walters

are you stupid or just that much of a homer?

go look at his first half vs second half stats of this game....and really this is just the most glaring example...he quit against the mavs a couple years ago too

No proof

Not stupid (but, thanks)

Carry on

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

No proof

Not stupid (but, thanks)

Carry on

everyone and their brother said he quit except laker fans

i have to admit....you laker fans are quite loyal (and blind)

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

what happened to lebron james?

milwaukee mike

this is the dumbest post in the thread
    please explain why, rather than just calling everything and everyone that doesn't agree with you dumb, ignorant, blind, and stupid.

do you think jordan left on his own, rather than being told to leave after the nba investigation into his sports betting?

strange that in his 1st retirement speech he said he would come back "if david stern lets me back in the league"

also strange that someone as motivated as mj in their prime would quit on their own when they were getting every endorsement, every foul call, etc etc

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...ret-suspension

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

please explain why, rather than just calling everything and everyone that doesn't agree with you dumb, ignorant, blind, and stupid.

do you think jordan left on his own, rather than being told to leave after the nba investigation into his sports betting?

strange that in his 1st retirement speech he said he would come back "if david stern lets me back in the league"

also strange that someone as motivated as mj in their prime would quit on their own when they were getting every endorsement, every foul call, etc etc

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...ret-suspension
    its really not even worth a complete response

jordan won 6 championships....what exactly are you trying to say? whatever it is you're babbling about, he still won 6 championships....saying he could have been suspended when he wasnt is the most stupid fukkin argument in this thread

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

Oh and bleacher report

are you fukking kidding me? get out of this thread right now

take this paragraph...

Personally, my opinion on this subject is that Jordan and David Stern had a secret meeting where Stern told Jordan to leave the game for a brief period to save himself, the league's by far most marketable and popular player, embarrassment and scrutiny from a public suspension.

milwaukee mike

what does jordan's 6 championships have to do with who is the best? robert horry and jim loscutoff have 7 so then i guess he's better than jordan?

my point is that the amount of championships won is not a solo indicator of who the best basketball player is, contrary to what a lot of people here believe.

if jordan quit for good after 3 championships, he was exactly the same basketball player as if he won 6. no difference whatsoever, he was still great.

CallMeChip
    Damn good stuff, sir...
    CallMeChip's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Anyone who uses rings as a measure of personal individual talent is half a fukkin retard. Luke Walton has more rings than Lebron.Lebron James is the single greatest physical specimen in the history of basketball when taking into account every facet of the game, both sides of the ball. He was born to play basketball and he does it better than anyone ever has from a talent averaging perspective. The only two other individuals on this level are MJ and Kobe, but neither had the raw physical talent, size, speed, and awareness of the game that Lebron possesses. Of course cases could be made for all three but imho it's far and away Lebron.As time progresses so does talent in competition. NBA of Jordan era was less competitive than it is now due to a number of factors, that's just logical science. In 10-20 years another will come along who will be better than Lebron, that's the beauty of competition, it spurs innovation and greater success. For James to play the way he plays in this current era, no one in this league today or 20 years ago or 40 years ago can hold a candle to him. And whoever made the comment that Larry Bird was better, HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA. That was funny, thanks.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: milwaukee mike, and mcduggly

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

what does jordan's 6 championships have to do with who is the best? robert horry and jim loscutoff have 7 so then i guess he's better than jordan?

my point is that the amount of championships won is not a solo indicator of who the best basketball player is, contrary to what a lot of people here believe.

if jordan quit for good after 3 championships, he was exactly the same basketball player as if he won 6. no difference whatsoever, he was still great.
    nice red herring

give it up

milwaukee mike

Oh and bleacher report

are you fukking kidding me? get out of this thread right now

take this paragraph...

what's wrong with bleacher report? they broke a lot of sports news stories...

maybe he was suspended, maybe he wasn't.

don't tell me which threads to get in and out of, you have no say in that matter

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Quote Originally Posted by CallMeChip View Post
    Anyone who uses rings as a measure of personal individual talent is half a fukkin retard. Luke Walton has more rings than Lebron.Lebron James is the single greatest physical specimen in the history of basketball when taking into account every facet of the game, both sides of the ball. He was born to play basketball and he does it better than anyone ever has from a talent averaging perspective. The only two other individuals on this level are MJ and Kobe, but neither had the raw physical talent, size, speed, and awareness of the game that Lebron possesses. Of course cases could be made for all three but imho it's far and away Lebron.As time progresses so does talent in competition. NBA of Jordan era was less competitive than it is now due to a number of factors, that's just logical science. In 10-20 years another will come along who will be better than Lebron, that's the beauty of competition, it spurs innovation and greater success. For James to play the way he plays in this current era, no one in this league today or 20 years ago or 40 years ago can hold a candle to him. And whoever made the comment that Larry Bird was better, HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA. That was funny, thanks.
    Chipper.......

No one gives a fukk what you think.

Thanks pal.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

what's wrong with bleacher report? they broke a lot of sports news stories...

maybe he was suspended, maybe he wasn't.

don't tell me which threads to get in and out of, you have no say in that matter
    just trying to save you further embarrassment

of all the resources on the net you used an article where you tried to support your case with some nobody's opinion

milwaukee mike

just trying to save you further embarrassment

of all the resources on the net you used an article where you tried to support your case with some nobody's opinion
    thank you for that

perhaps you could add something to the forum other than just trying to save me embarassment?

perhaps a winner this evening? or some good advice? or do you just prefer to troll and argue?

here's a tax tip for sbr - you can legitimately write off your betislands losses! call it "non-business bad debt" on schedule d, up to $3000/year.

any other tax questions just shoot me a pm

Ratzz
    Ratzz's Avatar Become A Pro!

i may have to agree with this..

look at Lebron's efficiency + size + speed

the dude is a monster, but unbelievably accurate.. and a great passer
    doesn't take 25 shots a game

doesn't need to

First 123456 ... Last