SBRforum Staff
    SBRforum Staff's Avatar Become A Pro!

Alex Smart: Take Trail Blazers at Pistons

Take Trail Blazers at Pistons

Game Time: 12/5/2006 7:30:00 PM

By: Alex Smart

The Detroit Pistons have had trouble covering big spreads lately, dropping 13 of their last 18 against the large numbers. That makes the Portland Trail Blazers the smart play tonight in Detroit in this battle of West versus East in the NBA.

The Portland Trailblazers enter into this road contest against the Detroit Pistons on a 5-game losing streak, both straight up and against the spread, and were outscored during that span by an average of 10 points per game.

Detroit on the other hand, has won eight of their last nine, with the wins coming by an average of just 7.37 PPG. It must also be noted that in eight home games this season, Motown has out-scored visiting teams by an average of 5.3 PPG while Portland has been outscored on the road by an average of 9.6 PPG.

Bottom line: Considering the above mentioned statistical data, and just using the basic numbers, this game has a value line attached to it that in my humble opinion favors the Trailblazers here this evening. Note that the Pistons were installed as 11½-point favorites against their inferior opponents in this spot which is the most points they have been asked to cover all season long.

Final Notes & Trends: Detroit has failed to cover 13 of their last 18 as favorite of 11 points or more. Portland is 5-1 ATS in their last six trips to Auburn Hills.

Play: Trail Blazers
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 07-21-15 at 01:30 PM. Reason: link does not work

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I was actually thinking the under is the best way to play this game.

primo_skillz
    primo_skillz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by bigboydan
    I was actually thinking the under is the best way to play this game.
    Very nice BBD!

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Thanks bro

lkravovicz
    lkravovicz's Avatar Become A Pro!

took my chances with 1 unit on the blazers, great insight alex.