Pietrus, Kleiza
    Prob Bargnani
    Ques Fields

C's on 3 days rest
    4-0 without Rondo

vasilli07
    vasilli07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10601

A potential look ahead to Lakers game. I rather go with Craptors.

Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

Quote Originally Posted by vasilli07 View Post
    A potential look ahead to Lakers game. I rather go with Craptors.

And the Celtics will not play as well on the road without Rondo.

All over Raps 1H and FG (these clowns will choke away leads against anyone so I'd rather have some money on 1H too)

forzuto13
    forzuto13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Saw that and figured the C's could take the Raptors but having the big TNT game vs. Lakers next night (as mentioned above) makes this a no play for me.

oddtodd
    oddtodd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 734

celts have won 4 straight, but lets not forget how garbage that roster is. They can't buy a rebound. Amir will be patrolling the glass, and so will JV. Only way the raps lose this if they shoot <35% facilitated by a 3-20 Bargnagni performance in his first game back.

vasilli07
    vasilli07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10601

Quote Originally Posted by oddtodd View Post
    celts have won 4 straight, but lets not forget how garbage that roster is. They can't buy a rebound. Amir will be patrolling the glass, and so will JV. Only way the raps lose this if they shoot <35% facilitated by a 3-20 Bargnagni performance in his first game back.
    Or Craptors self-destruct in the 4th quarter.

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

Quote Originally Posted by forzuto13 View Post
    Saw that and figured the C's could take the Raptors but having the big TNT game vs. Lakers next night (as mentioned above) makes this a no play for me.
    But you also need to consider:

1. Celtics need wins.
    2. Celtics are on 3 Days rest.
    3. Will feel better getting in LA on back of a win.
    4. Will have more significance if Celtics keep win streak w/o Rondo alive.

HardCore
    I Win Some, I Lose Less
    HardCore's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    But you also need to consider:

1. Celtics need wins.
    2. Celtics are on 3 Days rest.
    3. Will feel better getting in LA on back of a win.
    4. Will have more significance if Celtics keep win streak w/o Rondo alive.
    Hmmm I didn't consider that, the angel of stern may spread his wings on this gm

aireent777
    aireent777's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10732

Celtics.

Melda
    Melda's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4169

cletics dipped to 2.5, then raised to 3.5 pretty quickly on my book.. I am feeling the Raptors, gonna wait for it to go to 3 or potentially back to 2.5

jaymac82980
    jaymac82980's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

I like the pick snowball.

I love the way the celts are playing without rondo - but it should come as no surprise. I don't have the exact number in front of me, but the record without rondo is ok (very small sample size). The C's play better as a team without Rondo hogging the ball anyways. Green has been playing like he was supposed to, and hopefully that will continue as he has been some what of a let down.
    Last edited by jaymac82980; 02-06-13 at 01:07 PM. Reason: correction

Snowball

Quote Originally Posted by jaymac82980 View Post
    I like the pick snowball.

I love the way the celts are playing without rondo - but it should come as no surprise. I don't have the exact number in front of me, but the record without rondo is ok (very small sample size). The C's play better as a team without Rondo hogging the ball anyways. Green has been playing like he was supposed to, and hopefully that will continue as he has been some what of a let down.
    Yup, they have been great lately. Tomorrow night's going to be fun to watch.
    After tonight and maybe tomorrow, though, not touching NBA until trade
    deadline passes .. already so much chatter and speculation.

jaymac82980

tomorrow should be good, I got tickets for the game. Gotta make a point to go when the Lakers are in town - always makes for a fun night.

freeVICK
    freeVICK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6495

idk man toronto's new team is pretty beast

MP123
    MP123's Avatar Become A Pro!

Who is gonna stop Rudy Gay? That's the x-factor... W no Jared Sullinger in there I don't see how any1 can matchup well against him... N pietrus n kleiza are expected to play, bargnani isn't

SteelRain
    SteelRain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6789

I took Toronto -1.5 first half, but I've been on a losing streak so im 100% sure my bet is a loser

I penetrating hate the nba

Snowball

2. Good deal or bad deal for the Raptors?

Arnovitz: Bad deal, because in 18 months Davis will likely be the best player in the deal. Gay is pretty much the big gulp version of DeMar DeRozan -- a tall, inefficient slasher at his position who doesn't move the ball, doesn't shoot all that proficiently and doesn't stand out at the defensive end.
    Crain: Bad deal. The Raptors have picked up salary for next season, lost a very valuable player and a good prospect, and landed a player who has yet to live up to his reputation in college or the pros. Gay is a dynamic player but not someone you build a franchise around, even though he is paid like it.
    Feldman: Bad deal. The Raptors' four leaders in usage rate -- Rudy Gay, Andrea Bargnani, DeMar DeRozan and Alan Anderson -- all have field goal percentages below the league average. Everyone knows the best way to build a team is by stockpiling low-efficiency and high-priced (Anderson exempted on the latter) scorers. Right?
    Levy: It's a wash. Gay has his problems, but he's a huge upgrade over anyone else the Raptors have run out at small forward. It does create a new set of problems on the perimeter, where he and DeRozan give the Raptors one of the worst outside-shooting wing tandems in the league. However, it's hard to criticize the Raptors too much for rolling the dice here.
    Murphy: OK deal. They sold high on Jose Calderon and Ed Davis and bought low on Gay, the best player in the deal. Gay is overpaid but he is the best wing the Raptors have had since Vince Carter.
    Nowell: Bad deal. Hard to see what the plan is in Toronto, where they are now building around an expensive core of athletic wings with limited creation skills. Perhaps, at least, this is the liberation Kyle Lowry and his army of blogger backers have been seeking his entire career.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/page/...trade-rudy-gay

TheDane
    TheDane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12808

Bargnani might be back tonight, wouldn't bet against him making his return.

albo
    albo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

Quote Originally Posted by TheDane View Post
    Bargnani might be back tonight, wouldn't bet against him making his return.
    They are better off without him they are nearly 500 when he doesnt play

Snowball

I want this one.

signing off.

Snowball

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

jaymac82980

congrats snowball. like i said, the C's play better without rondo. They should trade him so he can go somewhere else and pad his assist stats with another team.

Snowball

congrats snowball. like i said, the C's play better without rondo. They should trade him so he can go somewhere else and pad his assist stats with another team.
    I really think so too. I'd like to see them get a true Center big
    and let KG play PF again - did you see how he was in the paint last
    night ? viscious. KG scored 27 in 28 minutes played.

jaymac82980

i couldn't agree with you more. i didnt like hearing that ainge was looking at a possible trade for KG - he's too important to the team, playing and mentoring younger guys. Of course with his no trade clause I'm sure it'd be hard to get rid of him anyways.

Ditch rondo, get a big - NOT ODEN! I think we could squeeze another quality year or two out of KG with Doc limiting his minutes as he has. Rondo has great value for a trade. I know the Boston market can be tough, and he may not be as much of a bitch/locker room problem as the media makes him to be. It will be interesting to see what happens with him. If the C's keep winning without him he may be gone sooner than later.

vaas187
    vaas187's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    2. Good deal or bad deal for the Raptors?

Arnovitz: Bad deal, because in 18 months Davis will likely be the best player in the deal. Gay is pretty much the big gulp version of DeMar DeRozan -- a tall, inefficient slasher at his position who doesn't move the ball, doesn't shoot all that proficiently and doesn't stand out at the defensive end.
    Crain: Bad deal. The Raptors have picked up salary for next season, lost a very valuable player and a good prospect, and landed a player who has yet to live up to his reputation in college or the pros. Gay is a dynamic player but not someone you build a franchise around, even though he is paid like it.
    Feldman: Bad deal. The Raptors' four leaders in usage rate -- Rudy Gay, Andrea Bargnani, DeMar DeRozan and Alan Anderson -- all have field goal percentages below the league average. Everyone knows the best way to build a team is by stockpiling low-efficiency and high-priced (Anderson exempted on the latter) scorers. Right?
    Levy: It's a wash. Gay has his problems, but he's a huge upgrade over anyone else the Raptors have run out at small forward. It does create a new set of problems on the perimeter, where he and DeRozan give the Raptors one of the worst outside-shooting wing tandems in the league. However, it's hard to criticize the Raptors too much for rolling the dice here.
    Murphy: OK deal. They sold high on Jose Calderon and Ed Davis and bought low on Gay, the best player in the deal. Gay is overpaid but he is the best wing the Raptors have had since Vince Carter.
    Nowell: Bad deal. Hard to see what the plan is in Toronto, where they are now building around an expensive core of athletic wings with limited creation skills. Perhaps, at least, this is the liberation Kyle Lowry and his army of blogger backers have been seeking his entire career.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/page/...trade-rudy-gay

why the fukk do they keep showing landry fields in everything, they guy is shit. i don't think he has a clue what's happening on the floor when the game is on

Snowball

i couldn't agree with you more. i didnt like hearing that ainge was looking at a possible trade for KG - he's too important to the team, playing and mentoring younger guys. Of course with his no trade clause I'm sure it'd be hard to get rid of him anyways.

Ditch rondo, get a big - NOT ODEN! I think we could squeeze another quality year or two out of KG with Doc limiting his minutes as he has. Rondo has great value for a trade. I know the Boston market can be tough, and he may not be as much of a bitch/locker room problem as the media makes him to be. It will be interesting to see what happens with him. If the C's keep winning without him he may be gone sooner than later.
    We know this is true for the now - but the question is which is more important,
    the now or the future.. because if we keep RR and surround him with post-up
    talent we will be contenders post-PP post-KG.. That is the argument but I am
    also starting to not buy it at all either. AB is a top-notch PG, and we can just
    pick up a vet PG for bench.

Concerning tonight I may not bet at all until it is revealed whether DH is playing.
    With no Pau I like the C's chances, but will like them even more with no DH.

jaymac82980

I won't be betting on tonights game. I don't like to bet sides when I'm actually going to the game. Over/unders are tough with the C's too since it's a different team last 5 games. I don't like being at an event and trying to enjoy myself while being pissed off about losing money on a wager and still spending 10 bucks per beer. I would however, lean Celtics. I think they should win.