CakeMan
    CakeMan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 240

CakeMan Hoop Picks Saturday 1.2.13

17-8 on the year
    What's up boys. Looked at the card tonight and I'm not so thrilled with the games to select from. I really hate the Double Digit games as they are like flipping a coin and often can burn you in the last second basket which has no point of even being attempted. But - I do see some great value in a couple and if wagered properly - we can make some money.

Chicago at Atlanta (NL)
    I sure hope Boozer(hamstring) or Noah(foot) or both will be back - but that is wishful thinking on my part because Chicago has been nice to me at the window while on the road. It was evident that Chicago was really hurting down low as the Nets dominated the boards (rightfully so- Boozer and Noah are at the top of the rebounding list) - Brooklyn outrebounded Bulls 40-29 - It was the bulls fewest boards since grabbing 21 vs Orlando on December 1st. I just don't think Nets exploited it enough and looking back at it - I got damn lucky that the Bulls covered. Bulls only played 8 guys last night - and they should be exhausted. Tonight Atlanta is well rested and playing home. They are hot as of late winning 4 of 5. They average for the season 96.7 points per game but over the last 5 are averaging 105.6. IMO without the big men in the middle Smith and Horford will have their way in the paint with drives, dunks, and second chances - and with all of this happening - Korver will sit out beyond the arch and light it up! Hawks are 14-4 when Korver scores at least 13. Atlants is also ranked 7th in the league in overall defense -
    The Bulls have won 6 of the last 7 regular season meetings - but I think this is an easy win for the Hawks ... if the line is right (not available yet - I think they are waiting on Boozer and Noah status) I love Hawks here. I assume line will be Hawks -3 or-4. TAKE HAWKS

Hornets +2 vs Timberwolves
    Hornets IMO are the best "bad" team out there - but I wouldn't say they are bad - but someone who was pointing to the record may(15-32) They Davis is coming on as of late. Anderson knows how to hit the 3 and Gordon and Vasquez are nothing to overlook. And this team DOES NOT STOP FIGHTING. Ok - they didn't cover last night. They are on a long road trip - lost ATS to Denver (argueably the best team in the league right now), covered ATS at Utah (elite team), covered ATS at LAKERS, Beat down the Grizzlies in Memphis and won SU, got pounded by Rockets but covered ATS and almost won vs the Spurs. They turned the ball over 32 times and the coach stressed that and mostly that to the team after the game. They almost covered the game game last night even with all of those turnovers. I really like the Hornets here. I see Minnesota practically giving up. Rubio even said "Even when we give an effort we are still coming up short". He said this after last night's loss to LAKERS. Rubio is the obvious leader on this team and you got him saying shit like this. Hornets are going win this game. Bank on it.

CakeMan

CakeMan Hoop Picks Sat, 1.2.13 REVISED

OK - WOW Hawks -7 seems like alot. I was expecting -3 or -4 but apparently I was wrong. So I look back at some of the games with Boozer and Noah and looked up what they did. (By the way, Hinrich is out tonight too) I can not believe Bulls hung around to keep the game competitve vs the Nets last night. Vegas is feeling the same way I am - Atlanta will win convincingly. I am going to step outside the comfort zone and lay the 7 points. My local book is famous for bumping the line so I may even be looking at the Hawks -8 - I'm still going for it!

But - I now feel the need for third selection in addition to Hornets and Hawks.

Leans but need to look at the details:
    ORLANDO
    UTAH
    I will later with final picks!

CakeMan

These are the final plays for Saturday 1.2.13

17-8 on the year I sure feel it tonight. Really happy with these selections.

Utah +4 LIKE
    Hornets+3 LOVE
    Hawks -7 LOVE

CakeMan

Jazz ... No action

I'm taking Orlando, hawks, and hornets

CakeMan

Scratch that

Sticking with the original 3

hawks, jazz, hornets...... good luck to alall Nelson is out

CakeMan

Adding ...

ROckets
    they will destroy em. Take em -12

Melda
    Melda's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4169

your picks are pretty hilarious so far

Artieaa
    Artieaa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1185

Quote Originally Posted by CakeMan View Post
    17-8 on the year
    What's up boys. Looked at the card tonight and I'm not so thrilled with the games to select from. I really hate the Double Digit games as they are like flipping a coin and often can burn you in the last second basket which has no point of even being attempted. But - I do see some great value in a couple and if wagered properly - we can make some money.

Chicago at Atlanta (NL)
    I sure hope Boozer(hamstring) or Noah(foot) or both will be back - but that is wishful thinking on my part because Chicago has been nice to me at the window while on the road. It was evident that Chicago was really hurting down low as the Nets dominated the boards (rightfully so- Boozer and Noah are at the top of the rebounding list) - Brooklyn outrebounded Bulls 40-29 - It was the bulls fewest boards since grabbing 21 vs Orlando on December 1st. I just don't think Nets exploited it enough and looking back at it - I got damn lucky that the Bulls covered. Bulls only played 8 guys last night - and they should be exhausted. Tonight Atlanta is well rested and playing home. They are hot as of late winning 4 of 5. They average for the season 96.7 points per game but over the last 5 are averaging 105.6. IMO without the big men in the middle Smith and Horford will have their way in the paint with drives, dunks, and second chances - and with all of this happening - Korver will sit out beyond the arch and light it up! Hawks are 14-4 when Korver scores at least 13. Atlants is also ranked 7th in the league in overall defense -
    The Bulls have won 6 of the last 7 regular season meetings - but I think this is an easy win for the Hawks ... if the line is right (not available yet - I think they are waiting on Boozer and Noah status) I love Hawks here. I assume line will be Hawks -3 or-4. TAKE HAWKS

Hornets +2 vs Timberwolves
    Hornets IMO are the best "bad" team out there - but I wouldn't say they are bad - but someone who was pointing to the record may(15-32) They Davis is coming on as of late. Anderson knows how to hit the 3 and Gordon and Vasquez are nothing to overlook. And this team DOES NOT STOP FIGHTING. Ok - they didn't cover last night. They are on a long road trip - lost ATS to Denver (argueably the best team in the league right now), covered ATS at Utah (elite team), covered ATS at LAKERS, Beat down the Grizzlies in Memphis and won SU, got pounded by Rockets but covered ATS and almost won vs the Spurs. They turned the ball over 32 times and the coach stressed that and mostly that to the team after the game. They almost covered the game game last night even with all of those turnovers. I really like the Hornets here. I see Minnesota practically giving up. Rubio even said "Even when we give an effort we are still coming up short". He said this after last night's loss to LAKERS. Rubio is the obvious leader on this team and you got him saying shit like this. Hornets are going win this game. Bank on it.
    Not trying to being an a s s here mate, though I think you missread Hornets and Bulls, why did you fade them when you post that they have been really you at the window, when a team has been nice to my self either I play them ATS or no play at all!!!!, scondly I agree with you that Hornets is the best bad team out there though they were in a really bad spot tonight, again not trying to be disrispectful, just my 2 cents.

GL mate!!!!

CakeMan

Artieaa ... You know why ... Because I'm a stubborn idiot. You are so right. I was wrong ... Dead wrong. Just thought it was time to take the other side with bulls on the road. And the Hornets just got killed. But I was fine until jazz let me down at the end. That last second missed layupp cost me some good coin. Sorry I went against your advise. I always welcome ur input and will never take knowledgeable constructive critisism as disrespect. Have a good night Artie and thanks for teaching out. Another one of those restless nights in bed. Danny ... The jazz really will be the one that haunts me tonight. I was getting 4.5

CakeMan

I had magic rockets jazz and warriors in some big tome parleys. Jazz let me down big time

CakeMan

Artieaa ... Give me some winners tmrw ... I need em