Jeff Grant
    Jeff Grant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2924

The Chicago Bulls Will Try to Extend an NBA Record Friday Night

ashulga
    ashulga's Avatar Become A Pro!

Best play on the board, even with no Boozer. Nets is not a team teams have trouble keeping up with offensively so Boozers offensive production will not be missed as much and Taj is way better defender.

innovation
    innovation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 239

Books giving to much value in favor of Bulls. The fact that public perception is down on Nets from weds has to be accounted for as well.

chantrain
    chantrain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Bulls playing too good right now. Taj Gibson and Jimmy Butler are out to prove something in their new roles, they're creating a spark for the entire team.

You add in Nate Robinson acting wild off the bench and the momentum is just entirely with the Bulls right now.

bosspopo
    bosspopo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 73

Quote Originally Posted by chantrain View Post
    Bulls playing too good right now. Taj Gibson and Jimmy Butler are out to prove something in their new roles, they're creating a spark for the entire team.

You add in Nate Robinson acting wild off the bench and the momentum is just entirely with the Bulls right now.
    I agree with you. Bulls defence will suffocate the Nets.

Jeff Grant

Quote Originally Posted by innovation View Post
    Books giving to much value in favor of Bulls. The fact that public perception is down on Nets from weds has to be accounted for as well.
    The public perception of there being "no way the Bulls can beat the Nets without Boozer and Rose" probably outweighs a loss versus the Miami Heat

In the video - I mentioned that Hamilton and Hinrich didn't even play in the first matchup

Plus - Bulls have been favorites in this series in at least the last 10 meetings - obviously different players and injuries would make the Nets slight ones in this affair

chantrain

I don't see any real meaning behind looking at any record past this season. This is a new Bulls team. This is a new Nets team. The records and trends of the past hold no relevance to the present or future if the teams are different.

Jeff Grant

I don't see any real meaning behind looking at any record past this season. This is a new Bulls team. This is a new Nets team. The records and trends of the past hold no relevance to the present or future if the teams are different.
    Brooklyn had its measuring-stick game against Miami, failed to deliver, tough to face a defensive-minded team the next time out

chantrain

I agree with that, it just irks me when people waste their breath to site stats like "Team x has beaten team y an x amount of times!"

This is the NBA, teams change year to year. If the variables change you can't keep assuming a constant...

I don't know, its just a pet peeve

Jeff Grant

I agree with that, it just irks me when people waste their breath to site stats like "Team x has beaten team y an x amount of times!"

This is the NBA, teams change year to year. If the variables change you can't keep assuming a constant...

I don't know, its just a pet peeve
    Understood - I still find it relevant that this will be the first time the Nets are favored in this series in quite some time - many different players in place - but still holds weight to me in terms of getting potential value

innovation
    innovation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 239

Nets should only be half point favorites here. To me Bulls are getting to much Value and a popular public Dog on a Friday night. GL with your play.

Sometimes the value is going against the public.

Jeff Grant

Not gonna lie - the move to four in some spots worries me a bit

Jeff Grant

Juicing myself out of this game - buying back at the same level on the Nets - too many injuries