CakeMan
    CakeMan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 240

Friday CakeMan Hoops Picks 1.1.13

Well I just couldn't resist last night as I am a degenerate gambler. I got sucked in and took Memphis (LOSER) and Dallas - but I didn't post it so I won't count it - but my local book apparently didn't know Dirk was out (as did I) and I got +3 line. SUCKS!

Moving on and hopefully catching up. Lots of games tonight but I want to pick 3 high quality games and bump my units up a bit. These are preliminary.

BUCKS +5 (love Bucks Here)
    Knicks are not really consistently doing it for me. They are letting teams like the Hawks hang around and compete for the win in the last minute. Examples: 1/21 Nets win by 3, 1/24 Celtics lose by 3, 1/26 Sixers blow them out, 1/27 Hawks lose by 2, OK - knicks blow out the Magic 2 days ago ... My point is and this is my gut feeling - Bucks are the same calliber of team as the Knicks - and the Knicks are not Winning ATS vs same calliber type teams - I see great value in getting the points here +5 and may climb higher as NYK playing at home on a friday may do just that!
    • New York is 1-7 ATS in its last 8 games when playing at home against Milwaukee
    • New York is 2-6 SU in its last 8 games when playing at home against Milwaukee
    • New York is 3-9 ATS in its last 12 games when playing Milwaukee
    • New York is 3-7 ATS in its last 10 games at home
    • Bucks are 14-8 away ATS
    • Bucks 18-10-1 ATS vs the east

BULLS +3.5
    I'm a little cautious here - I feel Bulls should be favored as they are a very good road team.

• Chicago is 5-1 SU in its last 6 games when playing Brooklyn
    • Chicago is 6-1 SU in its last 7 games on the road
    • Chicago is 5-1 SU in its last 6 games
    • Brooklyn is 3-5-1 ATS in its last 9 games
    • Brooklyn is 1-5 SU in its last 6 games when playing Chicago

Utah -5 I think Utah's crushing loss 2 games ago to Houston was a real eye opener for them. They faced Hornets that covered the spread late but it was in contol by Jazz the whole game. I don't have any faith in Portland ON THE ROAD - I learned that the hard way when they played Clippers in LA 4 days ago - but beat them the day before that in Portland - My point is - they are 2 different teams and they are coming off of a buzzer beater win (theft - no call on Dallas) - I think they have a huge let down here and I think Jazz win this handily.

• Utah is 7-1 SU in its last 8 games at home
    • Utah is 18-4 SU in its last 22 games when playing at home against Portland
    • Portland is 7-15 ATS in its last 22 games when playing on the road against Utah
    • Portland is 4-8 ATS in its last 12 games when playing Utah
    • Portland is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games when playing Utah
    • Portland is 2-5 ATS in its last 7 games

I'm going to the Sixers game vs the Kings (floor seats) - I really wood like to bet the 76ers (I'm a homer) but -7 seems like a lot here - need to think that one over.

CakeMan

15-7 on the year

mitch51
    mitch51's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8964

Thanks for the trends.
    GL today.

CakeMan

Bucks .. loss
    Bulls .. win
    Jazz .. win

2-1 last night
    Bucks controlled the spread of +6 all night and gave up at the 4 min mark in the 4th. Just happy bulls Hung on. They almost did the same thing.

17-8 on the year