Seaweed
    Update your status
    Seaweed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6952

Jose Calderon for Rudy Gay, Who Got The Better Deal?

Jose Calderon is a stand up guy, that guy gave it all every game. I will miss him but Raptors have to start winning soon. Rudy Gay is a good player. Not sure why they made the deal, but i can conclude it wasn't to improve jersey sales.

Regul8er
    Wordd
    Regul8er's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4101

Seaweed......do you not realize that Calderon is in Detroit, haha.

Memphis made out the best by getting Ed Davis dirt cheap. A lottery pick 3 years ago, who is finally starting to develop with increased playing time the last 6 weeks.

Seaweed
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Regul8er View Post
    Seaweed......do you not realize that Calderon is in Detroit, haha.

Memphis made out the best by getting Ed Davis dirt cheap. A lottery pick 3 years ago, who is finally starting to develop with increased playing time the last 6 weeks.

Of course i know that, i meant who got the better deal between the three teams

BigDeem5
    2013-2016 NBA: 461-378-24 +52.65u
    BigDeem5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2158

Ed Davis is no slouch, but he is behind Randolph/Gasol.

Tayshaun Prince is as old as sin.

Memphis lost their shot at being a viable threat in West, unless they go out and get a top notch SG/SF before deadline (Pierce)

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

Rudy Gay was never going to win a championship in Memphis.. Griz are doing the right thing here, ther's no point being a mediocre team in the Western Conference.

Seaweed
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by lunchbawks View Post
    Rudy Gay was never going to win a championship in Memphis.. Griz are doing the right thing here, ther's no point being a mediocre team in the Western Conference.

And he'll never win one in Toronto.

Regul8er
    Wordd
    Regul8er's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4101

I think Memphis ultimately made out best in this deal.
    They dumped Gay's ridiculous contract. (we do realize in 2 years he'll be making more then King James?)

And they got Davis for dirt cheap, who will be a good 1st or 2nd off the bench. Prince brings them some experience, as he has a championship ring.

HardCore
    I Win Some, I Lose Less
    HardCore's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

HELLO (herm voice) my pistons got the best of the deal cause calderon is top 5 pg this year and he's gonna make the pistons a threat for the 8th seed and next year a threat in the east (not to win the east) but a legit 4 5 seed and as a piston fan ill be happy as fuk to see that. And know i didnt bump my head after CP3/Rondo colderon and vasqez are the best PURE PG's in the nba i left out parker/westbrook/parker cause they are scorers 1st not runners of offenses

upscope
    upscope's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6685

I hate homers......@ least be reasonable. No way yesterday u call Calderon top 5 pg

HardCore
    I Win Some, I Lose Less

Quote Originally Posted by upscope View Post
    I hate homers......@ least be reasonable. No way yesterday u call Calderon top 5 pg
    i said pure pg not ovr pg im sorry but rose/parker/westbrook are not pure pg's I DARE U TO NAME 5 PURE I REPEAT PURE PG'S BETTER THAN CALDERON

king_danilo92
    king_danilo92's Avatar Become A Pro!

obviously toronto with the better deal. rudy will lead them to the playoffs. Lowry, Gay, Derozan, Bargnani, Valancianus. future lineup lookin reallll good

Believeland
    The Dude minds
    Believeland's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 922

I got one my dude kyrie... Guy is best pure Pg in the league

HardCore
    I Win Some, I Lose Less

listin vasqes calderon cp3 are the only PGs who are constantly getting 10-15ast a night its like another day in th office to these guys. Calderones the reason tor started winning when lowry n barg went down he ran the hell outta that offense

ridims
    ridims's Avatar Become A Pro!

marketing purposes, raps got a steal of a deal.

all toronto wants to do is attract people to the games. how are you attracting people to come to a game with calderon and ed davis? no one even knows how good ed davis is and will become. but rudy gay is a name everyone knows and he will gain instant respect on the name alone.

rudy gay jerseys will be a big seller.

ridims
    ridims's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by king_danilo92 View Post
    obviously toronto with the better deal. rudy will lead them to the playoffs. Lowry, Gay, Derozan, Bargnani, Valancianus. future lineup lookin reallll good
    wait, r you kidding me?

Bargnani is a piece of shit. He is useless and is worth a bag of basketballs. Lowry hasnt impressed me and i think the loss of Calderon will be noticable.
    Derozan is young and has time to still develop into a good player. Definately not worthy of being called great or even good at this point.
    They have so many positions that need big time improvement. Their bench is also a disaster.

Raps will never be good. they had their chance and blew it. Some really good players were let go and left with nothing in return. Same ol' and will always be the same.

killersweet
    killersweet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9409

Obviously you don't follow the raptors. I don't think they got the better of the deal. They probably obtained the best player in the trade, but paid a steep price. Sure Gay is the best SF on the team since Vince Carter days, but he has an expensive contract. Also they still got dead weights like Bargnani and Klieza on the team still. And they lost a solid player in Ed Davis. BC better be making more deals. With Lowry's injury history, they are paper thin on the PG depth. Also lost a valuable big man on the trade. This team is still a mess and BC is doing everything in his power to save his job.

Melda
    Melda's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4169

Quote Originally Posted by Seaweed View Post
    Jose Calderon is a stand up guy, that guy gave it all every game. I will miss him but Raptors have to start winning soon. Rudy Gay is a good player. Not sure why they made the deal, but i can conclude it wasn't to improve jersey sales.
    It's not a matter of who got who that makes this a good deal or not. In memphis's eyes they wanted to get rid of a ton of money owed.. What they should have done was keep gay and shed Randolph. They weren't gonna afford both. Their lucky they Got a guy in Ed Davis. Detroit got calderon, I guess to back up knight? Or slide him to SG and have Calderon man the point.
    Trade worked out for everyone. I think Toronto got the best player tho.

Melda

Quote Originally Posted by HardCore View Post
    HELLO (herm voice) my pistons got the best of the deal cause calderon is top 5 pg this year and he's gonna make the pistons a threat for the 8th seed and next year a threat in the east (not to win the east) but a legit 4 5 seed and as a piston fan ill be happy as fuk to see that. And know i didnt bump my head after CP3/Rondo colderon and vasqez are the best PURE PG's in the nba i left out parker/westbrook/parker cause they are scorers 1st not runners of offenses
    How do you leave kyrie Irving off the list? Mark Jackson the other night said he might be the best PG in the league. Definitely the most efficient scoring and clutch PG, maybe player...

Has Rudy gay jerseys ever done well on sales? Great player and has mystique, but who wants "gay" on their back if theyre not gay

Bluedragon
    Bluedragon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 531

Quote Originally Posted by ridims View Post
    marketing purposes, raps got a steal of a deal.

all toronto wants to do is attract people to the games. how are you attracting people to come to a game with calderon and ed davis? no one even knows how good ed davis is and will become. but rudy gay is a name everyone knows and he will gain instant respect on the name alone.

rudy gay jerseys will be a big seller.
    i think raps are like 7th in the league in attendance or something

vaas187
    vaas187's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm buying a Rudy jersey immediately. Was always a fan of him in Memphis but didn't warrant buting a grizz jersey.

ed davis will be a solid player but no star. gay is star potential, overpaid but MLSE can eat those types of salaries.

vaas187
    vaas187's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Melda View Post
    How do you leave kyrie Irving off the list? Mark Jackson the other night said he might be the best PG in the league. Definitely the most efficient scoring and clutch PG, maybe player...

Has Rudy gay jerseys ever done well on sales? Great player and has mystique, but who wants "gay" on their back if theyre not gay
    if you're actually a f\*g you'd be scared to buy one. give me a break, it's a ball jersey.

HardCore
    I Win Some, I Lose Less

Quote Originally Posted by Melda View Post

penetrate outta hear healthy derrick rose is the best pg in basketball

Melda

Quote Originally Posted by HardCore View Post
    penetrate outta hear healthy derrick rose is the best pg in basketball
    we'll see once he comes back, it'll be a different D Rose. Definitely a big fan of his though.

YungCiroq
    YungCiroq's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Believeland View Post
    I got one my dude kyrie... Guy is best pure Pg in the league
    Ever heard of CHRIS PAUL...

onacloud
    onacloud's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Seaweed View Post
    Of course i know that, i meant who got the better deal between the three teams
    Then why didn't you mention Ed Davis? Considering Memphis made out best its funny how you didn't mention this... PhillyFlyers has better ESPN breaking news threads than you

marcoloco
    marcoloco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9120

I dont see how Det benefited from this deal, not that Calderon is a bad guy to have. But they have waaay too many guards

soul786
    soul786's Avatar Become A Pro!

this guy... *wipes tear*

Iceman
    Iceman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1106

Pistons did this deal for one big reason...........salary cap space. They will not re-sign Calderon after this season.

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

Quote Originally Posted by marcoloco View Post
    I dont see how Det benefited from this deal
    got rid of dorky tayshaun prince. calderon is ok. good at finding an open man.

Giogeorge
    Giogeorge's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 560

Raptors and blue jays on the upswing

baldur
    baldur's Avatar Become A Pro!

raptors really deserves that why they are called as "crap".