CakeMan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 240

Cakeman Hoops Wed 1.30.13

15-6 on the year

Yesterday
    Hornets +8 Win
    Bucks +1 Win
    Cavs -2.5 Loss

These are some leans as of now. I will be back to firm up on them, pass on them, and explain why. Good luck guys. Thanks for looking me up guys. I hope I win you some games.

Gut feelings and reasons only here. Betting trends and facts to follow later.

Heat .... Looking for big bounce back from the nationally tv (Rondoless) defeat vs Boston and Heat are quick to defend the shot as Darion Williams will not be hitting his 3 the way he was against Orlando

Jazz Look for a huge bounce back here. Jazz are going to look to show some pride here as they were taking out back for an old fashion ass kicking (one of the worst if not the worst in franchise history) by Houston. Hornets are decent and put up a good fight last night to cover the spread late - but that was definitely more of the Lakers not finishing them off. I see Hornets tired (3 games in 4 nights) after beating Memphis and fighting to the end vs LA - Jazz will be out to prove alot tonight - Jazz win big by like 15

Houston I see Houston as the team we saw before their long losing streak. They are scoring like we saw in the first 1/3 of the season. They absolutely destroyed Jazz at home - but forget that for a moment - Lets call that a fluke -they won 4 of the last 5 and face Denver who beat them in Houston by 10. I think this is a high scoring game as the total shows (218) but I think Houston keeps it close or takes a late lead which makes me feel very comfortable with getting 4.5 pts

Lakers Last night the Lakers looked good. Just as good as the team that beat OKC on Sunday - but they didn't finish off the Hornets to cover (which I'm thrilled about because I had New Orleans). But I watched every second of it. They are starting to hit SOME of their free throws LOL Howard was threading cotton from the line for the most part. Suns coming home from a road trip and played well for the young coach Linsey Hunter - but Lakers seemed to have put their foot down and are hitting on most cylinders and getting contributions from the not so well known names like Meeks (13 pts last night), Clark (20/12 last night), and Jamison (16/7 last night) ... and yes you can argue that Hornets are lousey at 15-30 but they play hard and fight to the end - ask Memphis. Lakers will beat Suns very convincingly.

CakeMan

Facts and trends to support ...

15-6 on the year

Yesterday
    Hornets +8 Win
    Bucks +1 Win
    Cavs -2.5 Loss

Heat .... Looking for big bounce back from the nationally tv (Rondoless) defeat vs Boston and Heat are quick to defend the shot as Darion Williams will not be hitting his 3 the way he was against Orlando
    • Brooklyn is 1-5 ATS in its last 6 games when playing Miami
    • Brooklyn is 2-11 ATS in its last 13 games when playing at home against Miami

Jazz Look for a huge bounce back here. Jazz are going to look to show some pride here as they were taking out back for an old fashion ass kicking (one of the worst if not the worst in franchise history) by Houston. Hornets are decent and put up a good fight last night to cover the spread late - but that was definitely more of the Lakers not finishing them off. I see Hornets tired (3 games in 4 nights) after beating Memphis and fighting to the end vs LA - Jazz will be out to prove alot tonight - Jazz win big by like 15
    • Jazz 13-7 ATS at home
    • New Orleans is 2-7 ATS in its last 9 games when playing on the road against Utah

Houston I see Houston as the team we saw before their long losing streak. They are scoring like we saw in the first 1/3 of the season. They absolutely destroyed Jazz at home - but forget that for a moment - Lets call that a fluke -they won 4 of the last 5 and face Denver who beat them in Houston by 10. I think this is a high scoring game as the total shows (218) but I think Houston keeps it close or takes a late lead which makes me feel very comfortable with getting 4.5 pts
    • I cant seem to find any betting trends to favor my Houston Pick - but it doesn't change the fact that i think Houston covers here - I may not touch it

Lakers Last night the Lakers looked good. Just as good as the team that beat OKC on Sunday - but they didn't finish off the Hornets to cover (which I'm thrilled about because I had New Orleans). But I watched every second of it. They are starting to hit SOME of their free throws LOL Howard was threading cotton from the line for the most part. Suns coming home from a road trip and played well for the young coach Linsey Hunter - but Lakers seemed to have put their foot down and are hitting on most cylinders and getting contributions from the not so well known names like Meeks (13 pts last night), Clark (20/12 last night), and Jamison (16/7 last night) ... and yes you can argue that Hornets are lousey at 15-30 but they play hard and fight to the end - ask Memphis. Lakers will beat Suns very convincingly.
    • I cant seem to find any betting trends to favor my Lakers Pick - but it doesn't change the fact that i think Lakers covers here - I may not touch it

mitch51
    mitch51's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8964

Nice work, Cakes. And, good call on Bucs yesterday.

hazeee
    hazeee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 955

as good as the lakers have started to play, i still don't trust them...yet.

but i agree with the first 2. denver has been playing decent ball though and i'm looking for a kenneth faried bounce back iffy on rockets, especially in mile high.

CakeMan

Thanks Mitch

Quote Originally Posted by mitch51 View Post
    Nice work, Cakes. And, good call on Bucs yesterday.
    I actually also took Dallas at the last moment. I hold Artieaa's picks and suggestions high - but I had to take Dallas - my local bumped the Portland line to -5. I also had LA at -9 -

I see Heat and Jazz as strong 2 unit picks.

I see Houston as a 1 unit pick.

and I see Lakers as a recreational pick.

Dying to see what some of the respected cappers on here choose for tonight. Good Luck brotha!

CakeMan

Hazeeee ... I can respect that but the question came to me - Suns to beat LAKERS>?

CakeMan

My local book has messed up lines. Heat -4, bucks-2, hawks -8.5, pacers -9.5, nuggets -4.5

i need to make some decisions here. Heat? Might not be worth it. Like Houston ... Liking Detroit ... Really liking the bulls here.

CakeMan

Final plays here

Heat -4
    houston +4.5
    detroit + 8.5

Lakers -3

thats it. Good luck. These lines r from my local book.

CakeMan

16-9 (updated)
    Shitty night. I guess I couldn't find good trends and info on Houston and LA for good reason. Jazz just fell short to a very fighty Hornets team. Oh well. Short term memory is always good in these cases.
    Moving along to tonight. Thanks for reading guys.
    Quote Originally Posted by CakeMan View Post
    Heat -4
    houston +4.5
    detroit + 8.5

Lakers -3

thats it. Good luck. These lines r from my local book.