mcduggly
    mcduggly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2401

How will the books handle Celtic lines for the rest of the season?

I think the books are going to overvalue the loss of Rondo and might be a great opportunity to jump on the Celts with potentially a high number of points. I'm not saying Rondo wasn't a factor, because he is definitely a great player, I just think the Celtics will be just as productive without him. The stats show the Celtics are actually better without him in terms of efficiency, but we'll see what happens.

tto827
    tto827's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 76

Similar thinking to the pro gambler whose largest bets are on the knicks when Melo is out because he is greatly overvalued. Probably true, but they are the Celtics, so there lines are slightly inflated anyhow.

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3353

The line moved form +3.5 to +5 when Rondo was ruled out yesterday. Don't think there will be that major of an adjustment for Boston lines.

tto827
    tto827's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 76

Quote Originally Posted by Easy-Rider 66 View Post
    The line moved form +3.5 to +5 when Rondo was ruled out yesterday. Don't think there will be that major of an adjustment for Boston lines.
    That's possibly cause they couldn't open up too much of an opportunity for a middle. But yes, may be small, we shall see.

mcduggly
    mcduggly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2401

Quote Originally Posted by tto827 View Post
    That's possibly cause they couldn't open up too much of an opportunity for a middle. But yes, may be small, we shall see.
    I think that's EXACTLY why it was a small change.

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3353

Quote Originally Posted by tto827 View Post
    Good point.