JM92
    JM92's Avatar Become A Pro!

Pacers + 7 at Memphis

Wow. Absolutely wow is all I can say about this opener. This is a noon game between two teams who play the same brand of basketball and have the same strengths. The pace for this one should be around 85 or lower, which means for a 7 point win the Grizzlies would need to be 10 points more efficient than the Pacers. This line is just bogus. I was on the Grizz to beat the Pacers on new years eve and even though they lost I know they were up most of the game, but George Hill wasn't playing that one. These teams should be at most - 1 in a neutral court for the Grizz and they opened them as 7 point favourites in a game where they have 0 matchup advantages and only the revenge factor on their side (no fatigues, no nothing else).

I would play the Pacers + 7 just for how slow the game should be and how much better the Grizz actually would need to be to get more than a 7 point win here, but because I also don't see any matchup advantage or other reason for the line I am thinking about playing 3 units on the Pacers for my biggest bet of the year. Anyone will please show me where I'm wrong or what I am missing?

Speedy88
    Speedy88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1636

You haven't heard? Martin Luther King's ghost plays as the 6th man on the court for Memphis on MLK Days. I wouldn't bet against Memphis here. It's going to be quite "soulful" in the arena tomorrow.

JM92

Wow, really? I know MLK day is pretty big in the USA and I thought of that when I made the bet, but I got in spirit that both the Grizzlies and the Pacers would want to get the win in this game. I dont know if that would explain it on its own, but it defenitly scares the s*it out of me. thanks speedy, that's enough for me to stick to my confident one unit play on this game

DallasMaverick41
    DallasMaverick41's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 687

Lol at MLK spirit, just walk away. It's obviously a bad line.

NYCWinner
    NYCWinner's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 704

I would like the record for the Grizz on Mlk day. They seem to be undefeated.
    Last edited by NYCWinner; 01-20-13 at 10:39 PM.

bjb7223
    bjb7223's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8966

under under under under

RavensFan2k3
    Handicappin' like I'm Trappin'
    RavensFan2k3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18704

Quote Originally Posted by bjb7223 View Post
    under under under under
    173...thats the lowest ive ever seen

bjb7223
    bjb7223's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8966

Quote Originally Posted by RavensFan2k3 View Post
    173...thats the lowest ive ever seen
    under under under still

JM92

Thanks for the replies. I really had no idea about this. Must be the first time that not being an american has really messed up my capping lool. Still line already at 6 so a good, ev+ bet.

PS3
    Keyser Soze
    PS3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2795

If my memory serves me right the Grizz defeated the Bulls during MLK day last season.

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Power Rating
    Estimate Edge
    INDIANA
    MEMPHIS -2

And I'm still betting Memphis..........................

PAULYPOKER

Quote Originally Posted by PS3 View Post
    If my memory serves me right the Grizz defeated the Bulls during MLK day last season.
    1:05 PM EST
    703 CHICAGO BULLS -4 -4 / -4.5 / -2.5 -2 -130 -5.5 86
    Over 174.5
    704 MEMPHIS GRIZZLIES 178.5 176.5 / 176 / 176.5 174.5 +110 84.5 102
    Final
    CHI-G-Derrick Rose-Doubtful MEM-F-Zach Randolph-OUT TV: WGN (America), SportSouth, ESPN, DTV: 206, 307, 650
    Points Awarded:

PS3 gave PAULYPOKER 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

PAULYPOKER

Beat their ass is more like it.......................

HardCore
    I Win Some, I Lose Less
    HardCore's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

Quote Originally Posted by PAULYPOKER View Post
    1:05 PM EST
    703 CHICAGO BULLS -4 -4 / -4.5 / -2.5 -2 -130 -5.5 86
    Over 174.5
    704 MEMPHIS GRIZZLIES 178.5 176.5 / 176 / 176.5 174.5 +110 84.5 102
    Final
    CHI-G-Derrick Rose-Doubtful MEM-F-Zach Randolph-OUT TV: WGN (America), SportSouth, ESPN, DTV: 206, 307, 650
    f#ck outta hear that was 3 weeks into the season without derrick rose and in top of that shit IND IS WAYYYYYYY BETTER THAN THAT ROSE-LESS CHI TEAM who cause of the lock-out probaly played like 3 straight gms prior...na f#ck that

PAULYPOKER

Quote Originally Posted by HardCore View Post
    f#ck outta hear that was 3 weeks into the season without derrick rose and in top of that shit IND IS WAYYYYYYY BETTER THAN THAT ROSE-LESS CHI TEAM who cause of the lock-out probaly played like 3 straight gms prior...na f#ck that
    MLK is suiting up,he does every year as the 6th man............

HardCore
    I Win Some, I Lose Less

im not arguing that but that doesnt mean his team should be 7pt favorites cmon man really 7pts against the pacers really

PAULYPOKER

im not arguing that but that doesnt mean his team should be 7pt favorites cmon man really 7pts against the pacers really
    No they shouldn't and the public pounding the fukk outta Indy proves it.........

HardCore
    I Win Some, I Lose Less

No they shouldn't and the public pounding the fukk outta Indy proves it.........
    which kinda scares me but f#ck it the public has to get 1 and i think this is it cause phi/cha are going to bury the public today to big road favs...ya right 1 goes down, they wont lose by i doubt they cover

esulima
    esulima's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5486

sounds to me like there begging u to take the pacers

PAULYPOKER

which kinda scares me but f#ck it the public has to get 1 and i think this is it cause phi/cha are going to bury the public today to big road favs...ya right 1 goes down, they wont lose by i doubt they cover
    Just remember this, the public crushed in the NFL yesterday in The SF game which is 10 times the Amount of $ than any NBA game.........

I dunno U tell me.............

maroona
    maroona's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5079

How do you know the public are pounding Indy..

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

good thread didn't think of this, buying out of my pacers bet and will eat the juice

weird stuff happens in nba after nfl games. nuggets game was great example. also MLK days are nothing to f with in memphis.

HardCore
    I Win Some, I Lose Less

Quote Originally Posted by face View Post
    good thread didn't think of this, buying out of my pacers bet and will eat the juice

weird stuff happens in nba after nfl games. nuggets game was great example. also MLK days are nothing to f with in memphis.
    yup which is exactly why i said its oh no monday in my hardcore thread

JM92

Its not just the public that's betting the Pacers. Line went down from 7 to 6 already. I still think the Pacers were a good play at 7 if not for anything else, for beating the market (so far) by a full point which is ev+ at least. But once again thanks for the input everyone, this thread turned out way more useful than I ever thought it would

maroona

Can anyone answer this question, how do we know the public are betting the pacers, where are the figures to back it up? or are we just guessing..

HardCore
    I Win Some, I Lose Less

Quote Originally Posted by maroona View Post
    Can anyone answer this question, how do we know the public are betting the pacers, where are the figures to back it up? or are we just guessing..
    your an sbr pro and you dont know where to go to get this information...sbr needs to re-evaluate who they make pro's (no disrespect towards u) im just saying

maroona

your an sbr pro and you dont know where to go to get this information...sbr needs to re-evaluate who they make pro's (no disrespect towards u) im just saying
    Thanks thats really helpful, of course I know where to get consensus information but the consensus information I'm looking at doesn't suggest the Pacers are getting pounded, so I thought maybe theres better info out there that I don't have so the reason I asked the question, sorry I did, once again thanks for your help with this..

southpaw74
    southpaw74's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 494

Just remember this, the public crushed in the NFL yesterday in The SF game which is 10 times the Amount of $ than any NBA game.........

I dunno U tell me.............
    49ers were -4 all morning on 5dimes and it was 28-24. So are you saying teasers won?

PS3
    Keyser Soze

Tony Brothers officiating on this one..

mets710
    mets710's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 237

What does that mean then PS3?

nocturnal012
    nocturnal012's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12022

Quote Originally Posted by mets710 View Post
    Today on the radio, Rob Fischer- Grizz sideline reporter--said point blank that Tony Brothers hates the Grizzlies. He said that in their production meeting before the GSW game, Pete Pranica brought up the fact that Brothers was scheduled to officiate the game that night and that everyone in the meeting in essence rolled their eyes and began to wonder how long it would take Brothers to call a Tech on Memphis, who would it be on, etc.

If these guys, who are down on the court or right next to it, feel the need to even discuss the fact that a certain official is working a Grizz game, it must be obvious that he is biased against Memphis. Rob felt it could have stemmed from the Marc Iavaroni era. He said Brothers despised Marc Iavaroni and seems to have held a grudge even after he left the organization.

Rob said that when David Lee went barrelling into the lane on the last play of the game, the official Kane Fitzgerald blew the whistle so quickly as if to make sure the Grizzlies wouldnt get screwed any more. This is just one guy's take on the situation but he is on the sidelines and hears what is going on out there. The League ought to do something about Brothers. That is just wrong.

riffraff24
    ...and out come the wolves
    riffraff24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnal012 View Post
    Today on the radio, Rob Fischer- Grizz sideline reporter--said point blank that Tony Brothers hates the Grizzlies. He said that in their production meeting before the GSW game, Pete Pranica brought up the fact that Brothers was scheduled to officiate the game that night and that everyone in the meeting in essence rolled their eyes and began to wonder how long it would take Brothers to call a Tech on Memphis, who would it be on, etc.

If these guys, who are down on the court or right next to it, feel the need to even discuss the fact that a certain official is working a Grizz game, it must be obvious that he is biased against Memphis. Rob felt it could have stemmed from the Marc Iavaroni era. He said Brothers despised Marc Iavaroni and seems to have held a grudge even after he left the organization.

Rob said that when David Lee went barrelling into the lane on the last play of the game, the official Kane Fitzgerald blew the whistle so quickly as if to make sure the Grizzlies wouldnt get screwed any more. This is just one guy's take on the situation but he is on the sidelines and hears what is going on out there. The League ought to do something about Brothers. That is just wrong.
    Who wrote this? Saw the exact same thing word for word on a grizz forum from February 2012

PS3
    Keyser Soze

Quote Originally Posted by mets710 View Post
    He has a history of notoriously favoring the road teams.

Right now he sits at 14-15-2 ATS for home teams.

nocturnal012
    nocturnal012's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12022

Quote Originally Posted by riffraff24 View Post
    Who wrote this? Saw the exact same thing word for word on a grizz forum from February 2012
    Dunno. Took it from a grizz forum

mets710
    mets710's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 237

I think Pacers cover, but Grizz straight up.

12 Last