CakeMan
    CakeMan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 240

CakeMan's Hoops Saturday 1.19

After sitting on the sidelines and observing th NBA for several weeks I think I have beat on things. Lets see. We will start tonight. I hope to bring you winners with real evidence as to why I make my selections.

Houston -4 10*
    If anyone was watching Minnesota vs the Clippers - Pekovic left with a quad injury and thats when things opened up in the lane for the Clips. I expect to much of the same tonight as Pekovic is doubtful. Houston should catch full stride tonight. Both teams 0-5 ATS in their last 5 and 0-5 SU. I expect Houston to really catch fire on offense after going up against the League's best defense in Indiana (only team to keep opponents under 90 pt avg.) Take Houston minus the points - the will win by more than 10.

Cleveland +8.5 6*
    Since when do the Jazz deserve to be a 8.5 point favorite? OK - they are at home sitting with 21-19 record going up against Cleveland (10-31). But when I dig a little - I see that Clev. is playing much better as of the last 8-10 games - covering or pushing in most of those. they are at least in reach and not double digit blowouts. I just think 8.5 points is way too much. Utah is 5-10-1 ATS in last 16 vs Clev. Take the Cavs with the points.

Washington +13.5 10*
    I'm guessing this line may be over 14 by tipoff as the weekenders on the strip drive up the line. Washington is HOT right now and they are playing good ball. 4-1 SU in last 5 (5-14 in last 19) - they apparently have turned the corner IMO. Wizards are 11-6-1 ATS on the road! Clips are 10-8 ATS at home - BUT people - we are talking 13.5 points here. OK - the arguement can be made that Wash can't hang with the big boys ... like the heat twice losing by more than 20 and getting killed at home against the Lakers on 12/14. But their leader in Wall was out for both and this team is in sync right now: 1/7 beat OKC SU, 1/12 beat Hawks by 10, 1/14 beat magic by 29, 1/16 lost to Kings by 1 but covered as they were getting 4.5, and then beat Denver by for as a +10 dog. (I had Denver last night and the 10-0 run by Washington opening the 4th Quater showed me something). Enjoy the late game and be comfortable with Wizards competing to win it out right.
    Last edited by CakeMan; 01-19-13 at 01:17 PM. Reason: typo

CakeMan

Other Leans ...

Kings, Memphis

CakeMan

Can I at least get a yes or no on these?

Houston-4
    Cavs +8.5
    Wizards +13.5
    Strong Leans: Grizzlies, Kings

D-raww
    D-raww's Avatar Become A Pro!

Shocking... But we have the same play cards today except I'm not wit you on the wizards. GL

Ballerholic
    Ballerholic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1806

Houston seems like a no brainer, even though 90% of public is still on it. Wizards playing very well and Clippers usually allow backdoor cover, just hope wizards are up for a B2B. My picks are Spurs -4 and Memphis (waiting for word on randolph, but will still play them)

inmyownzone
    inmyownzone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 149

I'm a die hard DC sports fan. But I don't like the wiz tonight. Took them last night but back to back away games vs Denver and LA. I'm doubting they pull it out. Very young team. But they could back door it at the end. Who knows. Like your two leans. Just can't fade chi at home. Like Houston here. Something's fishy with this line tho.

D-raww
    D-raww's Avatar Become A Pro!

Cake man, how you feelings on that cav game, I'm leaning towards cavs too, but Utah is the larger team, let me know

CakeMan

I think cavs can hang in there. Utah not a team to give 8. Imo. I'm on clev as I stated why above.

CakeMan

3-2 tonight
    Cavs could have pushed at +9 but they miss a last second lay up.
    Houston sucks. They can't make a stop so what good is it having a great offense.
    Wizards ... Watch out ... This is a hot team at the window right now. 5-1 ats in last 6.
    Kings and Memphis ...thank you Helped me get above .500
    Good night boys.

HardCore
    I Win Some, I Lose Less
    HardCore's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

smh hou burned my ass too f*ck em..f*ck em