ngates815
    Hooked Nose J
    ngates815's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by onacloud View Post
    Did you just honestly try to compare Lebron and Kobe defensively?

Everyone in the league knows LeBron is the best player on the court on both sides of the ball and it isn't even close.

---

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/79...defensive-team

NBA Most Valuable Player LeBron James was the leading vote-getter for the league's all-defensive squad Wednesday, while Defensive Player of the Year Tyson Chandler didn't even crack the first team.

A media panel voted for Defensive Player of the Year, while the all-defensive team vote was conducted by the league's 30 head coaches, who voted for a first and second team by position and were not allowed to pick their own players.

Did you really not see the parenthesis and where I said (sure some will argue it)...

William...Would you rather have Kobe on the team this year or Lebron? DO you think if they had Lebron, they would be a lock for the championship?

vaas187
    vaas187's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by William Walters View Post
    Angry? Nah.......just calling it like I see it. If you had any idea what being a true fan.....a lifelong fan was like.....you'd have a better understanding.

I will admit..........front running fruitcakes aren't high on my list.
    Again, I'm a TORONTO RAPTOR FAN. I'm a Kobe AND LeBron fan. Could care less about Wade or the Heat franchise. Good for you for being a life-long fan, most fans you see when LAL or LAC makes highlight reel plays, you either get this:

Lakers-Fan-Takes-Off-Sunglasses.gif

or this:

scary-botox.jpg

hotelis
    hotelis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 957

Quote Originally Posted by vaas187 View Post
    Again, I'm a TORONTO RAPTOR FAN. I'm a Kobe AND LeBron fan. Could care less about Wade or the Heat franchise. Good for you for being a life-long fan, most fans you see when LAL or LAC makes highlight reel plays, you either get this:

or this:

scary-botox.jpg
    that sunglasses guy sums up laker fans.

William Walters
    William Walters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Quote Originally Posted by ngates815 View Post
    Did you really not see the parenthesis and where I said (sure some will argue it)...

William...Would you rather have Kobe on the team this year or Lebron? DO you think if they had Lebron, they would be a lock for the championship?
    Of course I think they would do better with Lebron rather than the 2013 version of Kobe. No question about that.

William Walters

Quote Originally Posted by hotelis View Post
    that sunglasses guy sums up laker fans.
    Says who? Some broke dikk fukk?

William Walters

or this:

scary-botox.jpg
    Fair enough. I'll be the first to admit we have some bandwagon fans...........and those that just show up for the bright lights. But, there is also a large contingent of lifelong Lakers fans................and they are diehards.

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J

Of course I think they would do better with Lebron rather than the 2013 version of Kobe. No question about that.

Good I just wanted to make sure you weren't going crazy.
    I took Lakers last night, figuring Heat couldn't match the Dwight Howard/Gasol...I didn't account for the lakers having no answer for Lebron and letting him do whatever he wanted to out there.

High3rEl3m3nt
    SBR's 7 figure Contractor
    High3rEl3m3nt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4134

I have never been a fan of Kobe, but my disdain for the Lakers is the result of how dominant they were during their Shaq years. Admittedly, I am a Blazers fan and the playoff series between these two teams were certainly memorable. Kobe is an all-time great and there's no denying that. During the Laker/ Shaq years, this team represented what could be, in terms of a well-oiled machine. When the Lakers started to build "superpower teams" on paper, the organization started to sail in a new, counterproductive direction. Old, tired talent in place of rising role players. Guys set to retire in place of rookies with bright futures. The Lakers are the Yankees of the NBA and it's the losing path to take. Perhaps the Lakers don't have a fan base that will tolerate youth and its lottery-like progression. Certainly, some make it and others don't. Signing proven stars that are winding down is recipe for success, in terms of ticket sales, which might be more important to the Lakers organization than winning championships. In my opinion, the two aren't the same, though championships certainly don't hurt ticket sales. I'd argue that this relationship holds more truth for smaller market teams. Maintaining the revenues of old in today's market is quite the feat. This might be a pessimistic analysis of the Lakers organization and its priorities, but you'd be foolhardy to deny some of the points I am making.
    Last edited by High3rEl3m3nt; 01-18-13 at 02:47 PM.

Ratzz
    Ratzz's Avatar Become A Pro!

im happy to see this, pathetic team, douchebag fans.
    i would say this is pretty much right on the $$

Ratzz
    Ratzz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Sorry you lost your ass last night. Losing is never fun.

1. Wrong.......Kobe will not retire. Kobe is playing his best ball in years.

2. Wrong.......Nash will play at least another year or two.

3. Lakers will not "let him go".....they will try to resign him for a max deal (Howard is actually starting to play better the past week or so).

4. Gasol is obviously not what he once was.......but, far from "done". Many teams would still like to have a skilled 7-footer.
    if you were to remove the Faker goggles obscuring your vision you will find that:

1: KOBE IS DONE.
    shooting more balls (bricks) now than ever. but WILL NOT retire (thank you!!)

2. NASH IS DONE. Never played good defense, but now couldn't even if he tried.

3. TRUE. Howard will not be 'let go'. He will leave of his own accord.
    Why stay?*For who and for WHAT?..(just for KOBE to blow another game on 20 bricks, then turn around finger you for the 2-4 pt. loss.)

4. GASOL IS DONE. Nobody wants a faded, 7Ft. girl, that is making $19M a year..
    (why the hell do you think they are stopped shopping him, NOBODY OFFERED A GOOD STARTER

5. Overall. LAKERS DONE.*
    next Championship 2023 (earliest possible date)
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: 19th Hole

High3rEl3m3nt

Kobe is not done. I could entertain the argument that he can no longer shoulder the team on his own and consistently win against quality teams. This team needs to dump Gasol, light a fire under Howard's ass or kick him to the curb, dump nash, and they could be right back in it. Meta's not worth enough to get rid of and contrary to what a lot of people on here seem to think, he does have value, it's just not the right value with the way the Lakers are currently playing. It's the same reason Matt Barnes did not offer a lot of value last year. If the Lakers had a low post monster, role players would fit perfectly and Kobe would once again be the talk of the West.

High3rEl3m3nt

and why is this team running and gunning? Their transition D is atrocious. The Lakers would be one of the harder teams to stop if they kept things to a half court set.

William Walters

Quote Originally Posted by Ratzz View Post
    if you were to remove the Faker goggles obscuring your vision you will find that:

2. NASH IS DONE. Never played good defense, but now couldn't even if he tried.

3. TRUE. Howard will not be 'let go'. He will leave of his own accord.
    Why stay?*For who and for WHAT?..(just for KOBE to blow another game on 20 bricks, then turn around finger you for the 2-4 pt. loss.)

4. GASOL IS DONE. Nobody wants a faded, 7Ft. girl, that is making $19M a year..
    (why the hell do you think they are stopped shopping him, NOBODY OFFERED A GOOD STARTER

5. Overall. LAKERS DONE.*
    next Championship 2023 (earliest possible date)

This coming from a guy who OPENLY ADMITS THAT HIS TWO FAVORITE TEAMS ARE THE HEAT AND THUNDER!

Can't make this shit up.

Big "thank you" to John Walker for providing all of us such inexpensive entertainment (save the BI comments).

upscope
    upscope's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6685

Quote Originally Posted by Ratzz View Post

Shocker....more ignorance out of you. "Shooting more bricks now than ever" but yet conveniently shooting a career high in fg%....You're not too bright are ya??
    No shit he will not retire, when's the last time you saw the leagues leading scoring just UP & retire simply because his haters r tired of watching him piss in their eyes over & over again?? If Kobe should retire because he's shooting "more bricks than ever" what should 27 out of the other 29 starting shooting guards do since they are currently shooting a worse %?? Guess it's time for everybody shooting under 48% to retire huh?? Then you can watch a league full of centers & power forwards duke it out....

Tell us another cool story how you think Kobe will end UP @ 42% this yr but are not willing to bet on it

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J

Quote Originally Posted by upscope View Post
    Shocker....more ignorance out of you. "Shooting more bricks now than ever" but yet conveniently shooting a career high in fg%....You're not too bright are ya??
    No shit he will not retire, when's the last time you saw the leagues leading scoring just UP & retire simply because his haters r tired of watching him piss in their eyes over & over again?? If Kobe should retire because he's shooting "more bricks than ever" what should 27 out of the other 29 starting shooting guards do since they are currently shooting a worse %?? Guess it's time for everybody shooting under 48% to retire huh?? Then you can watch a league full of centers & power forwards duke it out....

Tell us another cool story how you think Kobe will end UP @ 42% this yr but are not willing to bet on it

Still averaging about the same stats all around the board as he has done his whole career. Pretty impressive for 20th season in.

upscope

This coming from a guy who OPENLY ADMITS THAT HIS TWO FAVORITE TEAMS ARE THE HEAT AND THUNDER!

The only people that could possibly lay claim to the Heat & Thunder as their two fav teams are obv young & only know bandwagon @ that stage of their lives. I've asked him several x's how old he is but he won't answer. That's because he knows I'm right. I have him pegged as a teenager.

upscope

Still averaging about the same stats all around the board as he has done his whole career. Pretty impressive for 20th season in.
    I agree, & anybody that can see & read understands this. So for someone to claim he should retire "because he's throwing UP more bricks than ever" is either a troll or downright ignorant.....

William Walters

Gates is a big closet Lakers fan

Gates....get out of the closet pal......we don't judge here.

wantitall4moi
    wantitall4moi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3834

LOL Kobe on defense. Kid n Play went by him 5 or 6 times baseline last night, and that guy is a total scrub. Kobe plays that weak ass half zone garbage and he is 3 steps too slow to play it even half as decent as he thinks he can.

William Walters

Quote Originally Posted by upscope View Post
    The only people that could possibly lay claim to the Heat & Thunder as their two fav teams are obv young & only know bandwagon @ that stage of their lives. I've asked him several x's how old he is but he won't answer. That's because he knows I'm right. I have him pegged as a teenager.
    Well.........yes........being a teenager would fit the mold, but let's not rule out severe retardation.

William Walters

Quote Originally Posted by wantitall4moi View Post
    LOL Kobe on defense. Kid n Play went by him 5 or 6 times baseline last night, and that guy is a total scrub. Kobe plays that weak ass half zone garbage and he is 3 steps too slow to play it even half as decent as he thinks he can.
    This guy is getting hammered across the street for claiming to run a 4.3 forty.

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J

Gates is a big closet Lakers fan

Gates....get out of the closet pal......we don't judge here.

Nah, I dislike Kobe for some reason...Not sure why, but just don't like him, but it could be just because every Laker fan loves him so much and thinks he is jesus.

But I know he's one of the best to play. And it's impressive that however many seasons in he is, that he's pretty much averaging the same stats. But I just can't stand when every laker fan always says they'd rather have Kobe in his prime than Lebron. Lebron would of won every title that Kobe had if he was replaced with him...Can't say the same about Kobe switching with Lebron...But 99% of Lakers fans would never admit or even think about that being possible.

William Walters

Nah, I dislike Kobe for some reason...Not sure why, but just don't like him, but it could be just because every Laker fan loves him so much and thinks he is jesus.

But I know he's one of the best to play. And it's impressive that however many seasons in he is, that he's pretty much averaging the same stats. But I just can't stand when every laker fan always says they'd rather have Kobe in his prime than Lebron. Lebron would of won every title that Kobe had if he was replaced with him...Can't say the same about Kobe switching with Lebron...But 99% of Lakers fans would never admit or even think about that being possible.
    Fukk off gates
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 02-27-15 at 01:37 PM. Reason: image does not exist

upscope

lol

upscope

Quote Originally Posted by wantitall4moi View Post
    Shocker, right on que along comes the other ignorant resident to tell us how bad Kobe is on D even though he's been getting raves for the D he's been playing on the other teams best player of late

U don't even know who Dirk Nowitzki is, you think anybody here actually believes u know anything about defense??

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110
    Bill Dozer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21705

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post

I believe they will start ripping the entire team apart. It's unreal to even comprehend this... but it's the only solution if you want to save money. If that's what they want to do? Kobe proved to me that he's extremely tired. He's a bench player. Yes, I said it. He's a 2nd string player now. Nash... isn't worth anything to me. Again, 2nd string player. Howard is the biggest cry baby ever. The guy has big arms, big shoulders... and he's a foot away from the rim... and he misses lay ups??!? slam that ball in there.... you turd. Artest is 2nd string...

It's time these players face the music... they aren't starters anymore.
    Disagree about the 2nd string part. These guys are good in complimenting roles but put them all on the floor together and bad things seem to happen...for example when the ball swings enough times on them when on D, someone misses their assignment and eventually someone is a step behind their guy as a result.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Lakers are built for a 7 game series, not 1 game at a time. Why do you think teams have so much trouble guarding a Dwight Howard for 7 games? They have no answer for him over the course of a full series. All their C's get in foul trouble in the playoffs then they get fukked. That's why Dwight always gets far in the playoffs even with shit teams.

Also, I doubt Lebron wins MVP. Most likely it'll be Durant considering his drastic improvement since last year. Ridiculous numbers and shooting percentages from Durant. He'll win it. Lebron most likely DPOY to this point though Miami needs to play that type of D towards the end of the reg. season.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Why do you think teams have so much trouble guarding a Dwight Howard for 7 games?
    For the record... Orlando never made it to the NBA Finals... let alone the Conference Finals with Howard. What are you smoking goat? Dwight Howard needs to be more aggressive... and not like a woman.

wantitall4moi
    wantitall4moi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3834

For the record... Orlando never made it to the NBA Finals... let alone the Conference Finals with Howard. What are you smoking goat? Dwight Howard needs to be more aggressive... and not like a woman.
    I guess 2009 never existed. And 2010

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10263

Kobe should retire and get on with his real vocation...RAPIN"
    What a POS waste of skin human nothin' he really is...

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

My man you're wrong Dwight Howard has gone deep in the playoffs numerous years with shit teams and made it to an NBA finals as well with an average team. It's not easy to stop Dwight Howard in a 7 game series. I'm not saying he's the best player on the Lakers, he's not even close to Bryant, but that weapon in a 7 game series is a different story than 1 at a time regular season games. People on this site don't understand that, and they never will.

That's why 2 years ago on this site all the NBA experts like Lyon and No Coincidences and Sweet Jones and LTA and many others all picked Chicago Bulls to beat Miami when they first formed. Because they dominated Mia in the regular season and Mia couldn't beat a .500 team in the reg season for shit. No matter how many times I told them guarding James and Wade for 7 games is a different story. It wears on your legs. They never understood that concept, and they still don't.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

riffraff24
    ...and out come the wolves
    riffraff24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

Adorable seeing all the haters cry because they lost bets on the Lakers. When this debacle is over, here's to another 50 years of your team getting raped by the Lakers.

gilbert91016
    gilbert91016's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14185

Fukk off gates
    Actually the real King has 6!!!
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 06-17-15 at 11:54 AM. Reason: image does not exist

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Quote Originally Posted by gilbert91016 View Post
    Actually the real King has 6!!!
    Actually the real king has 2

First 123 Last