KingDF
    KingDF's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 193

When Is It OK To Parlay?

I know most people are going to say NEVER!!!! LOL. But here is a somewhat valid scenario. Last week, UNLV was -33.5. I took the opposing team. UNLV won, but didn't cover the spread, so that seemed like easy money. I would have loved to parlay that with another game, but didn't because of the advice I've received on here.

Tomorrow, I'm looking at betting the following teams, depending on the spread posted:

• Pacers
    • Hawks
    • Bulls
    • Clippers

These won't be parlays, but individual bets. However, I think Pacers + Bulls might be a good parlay, depending on how big or small the spreads are.

I know upsets happen and games don't always go as planned, but is there ever a really good time to parlay just 2 teams?

cockblocker
    cockblocker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Its only good to parlay when you bet a very small amount with at least 3 teams or if your acct is very low and both games start at the same time. Otherwise straight bet them.

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

parlay when you have a + money payout you think is as good as a -110 line

innovation
    innovation's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 239

Parlay every dog in the NBA when Bama is playing in the National championship game. My point is parlays are a gamblers cocaine once you take a big hit your going broke soon after.

Play a few games SU and profit in the long run.

If Denver loses tonight that's all the proof in the pudding you need. Sometimes I just say what late game is going to kill every parlay and look for a angle to bet the dog. Usually there isn't one.

yelohell
    yelohell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 529

Parlay when you have money to spare. Don't do it if you're chasing to go break-even.

PerfectGrape
    PerfectGrape's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1887

Never parlay unless you're okay with making -EV bets for fun. Unless the parlay is a 2 leg on the same game where you determine some correlated edge, parlaying 2 random events which are unrelated to each other will just cost you because the payout is reduced compared to the true odds. I know its hard but money management and avoiding parlays seems like the way to do it, I am not some expert though.