Riceboi
    Riceboi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 32

Timberwolves vs Hornets Best bet with some details

This line is a little off in my opinion. The hornets have 2 straight up home wins against the mighty spurs and the hot rockets. So because two good games against teams that didn't show the hornets are suddenly good and favored? The public thinks so with 60% on the Hornets.

Sorry but no. They are 3-7 SU their last 10 home games, and they were only favored in 2 of those 10 games vs raptors and wizards. Timberwolves (even with no love, who hasn't been good this season anyways) are better than both those teams in my opinion.

Timberwolves I will admit are also 3-7 SU their last 10 road games but something I noticed about them. This season (it's happened 4 times so far) whenever they get stomped in a road game and score in the 80 pt range they show up and win SU (and cover ATS) their next road game, regardless of the spread even as big underdogs (i.e.the nuggets game after they got stomped by utah a week or so ago). They just got murdered by the Thunder 2 days ago, I look for a strong showing tonight.

The last 4 matchups (2011 and 2012) between these two are most relevant. Hornets were favored by 8 pts in 2011, and lost the game SU. Hornets are 1-3 SU vs Wolves in New Orleans.
    The one game the Hornets won (04/07/2012) they shot almost 50% the whole game, and Jason Smith scored 26 pts and 10 reb and Chris Kaman scored 21 pts with 10 reb. Jason Smith averages 8 pts and 3 rebs this season so I doubt he will repeat that performance and Kaman isn't even on the team anymore. And to note this was the Hornets bounce back game because the game before was one of their most lopsided lost of the season vs the Spurs.

Timberwolves +2.5

blanco
    blanco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1143

all of your past data is worthless and deceiving. the hornets are a new team with gordon healthy

Riceboi

Quote Originally Posted by blanco View Post
    all of your past data is worthless and deceiving. the hornets are a new team with gordon healthy
    Fair enough but data is not worthless. Gorden is not Kobe or Jordan. The wolves observation still stands.

comppicks35
    comppicks35's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Riceboi View Post
    Fair enough but data is not worthless. Gorden is not Kobe or Jordan. The wolves observation still stands.
    Are you capping this game with the current state of the Wolves team (i.e. injuries) in mind? G positions will be short-handed w/o Barea tonight; not sure if Rubio can handle extended time. Who will guard Vazquez and Gordon? Can C-Pekovic matchup with C-Davis?

Plus, the Wolves not exactly playing stellar defense (allowing 103.5/g L6); Hornets are defense first, so will Wolves score enough to offset their crappy D?

Don't know about this one...just sayin"

Sport_Fish
    Sport_Fish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2039

Quote Originally Posted by Riceboi View Post
    You don't need Kobe or Jordan to beat up on this banged up Minnesota team.

Line is exactly what it should be, Hornets a small fav. If they can continue to play like they have been with Gordon back yeah they should win, but I don't trust this team at all - nor the t-wolves.

lunchbawks
    NB#
    lunchbawks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 173

twolves are a lock

Riceboi

Quote Originally Posted by lunchbawks View Post
    twolves are a lock
    I know you're being sarcastic, but you're an idiot.

Ms. Degen
    Ms. Degen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

riceboi, GL on the pick, i am with you!

Riceboi

Quote Originally Posted by Ms. Degen View Post
    riceboi, GL on the pick, i am with you!
    GL Ms Degen

nocturnal012
    nocturnal012's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12022

I also think timberwolves are the play here. Nola won su against 3 of their divisional opponents which is a really big feat, considering that 2 of the opponents are well over the .500 mark. I think hornets will lose su tonight. Wolves have played many games without love this season so it's not like they can't adjust without him.

Riceboi

congrats hornets backers, epic fail write up here.