Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 408

Who Else Is Tired Of This Royce White Thing

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/88...reach-contract

The Rockets suspended this guy. Good! They have gone out of their way to accommodate this guy, and he keeps playing the helpless victim on Twitter.

What did this guy think the job consisted of when he agreed to his contract? He doesn't have to play basketball if he can't meet the standards that it entails. Use that education from Iowa State, and get a job that is walking distance from your house if your problem is so bad.

pologq
    When you are SBR you are SBR 4 Life
    pologq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5971

i am agreeing. at first i was much more sympathetic to him and felt the rockets weren't doing anything to help.

now as time goes on i don't know if White is just being ignorant or purposely sounding like an ass but DOESN'T HE KNOW PLAYING BASKETBALL INVOLVES TRAVELLING ON A PLANE??? i understand he has anxiety and it hinders his life but if you KNOW THAT COMING IN and are not able to handle it then do something else, very simple. as you said, get a job around the corner teaching phys ed at an elementary school, etc.

it seems like he wants the sympathy and to be paid. i heard the globetrotters offered him a contract and he can take a bus to a lot of the games. that would be better for him. it just doesn't seem like he is making any effort on his end. you never hear him say he is working on his fear of planes and closed spaces and such.

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Rockets need to stop paying him. That will end all of the drama.

PickyBob
    PickyBob's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 469

Here, here. At first I was sympathetic with the dude. But now he just seems like a whiny diva. He's got such great upside in an up-tempo offense like Houston - potentially a Boris Diaw 2.0.

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

I am.

If you have that much of a problem flying, don't sign a contract to perform work that requires you to fly every week. Guy is a douche.

Hasn't be been arrested twice before? It's like he is trying to steal money from the rockets.

I would do pretty much anything I'm scared of for millions a year.

doublej95
    Co Power Poster 2011
    doublej95's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

the rockets have more than went out of the way for the kid. they should just let him hit rock bottom and tell him he pissed his life away.

wguan2
    wguan2's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 813

I don't think any of us know anything about what is going on behind the scenes so I think it's a little premature to blame Royce White for the whole ordeal based on media portrayal which is more often than not influenced by those with money and power... the NBA.

I have a feeling though that this whole thing has a little more to do than with simply his anxiety issues with riding on planes. I think this may become the conversation starter for deeming mental health issues as equal to physical health issues in the world of sports--similar to what has happened in the work place with employers allowing mental day offs now.

There's a lot we don't know yet so don't be too quick to judge and write Royce White off already is all I'm saying.

eastern2
    eastern2's Avatar Become A Pro!

They should just cut his ass at this point - I'd be furious if I was a Rockets fan, the GM should have known Royce was this big of a nutcase... Shouldn't have touched him w/a 10 foot pole on draft night.....

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Yep, just cut him if he's not gonna play. Give the dude some xanax and he can fly fine.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

The problem is that the minute they cut him, I see an attorney coming forward suing the Rockets for millions of dollars. My gut feeling is that this is where White is heading with all of this. Easy money without the work.

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

so let him take the bus to the close games then make up some reason after the season and cut him, what's the problem?

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by face View Post
    so let him take the bus to the close games then make up some reason after the season and cut him, what's the problem?
    They've offered to let him ride a bus, and he's still bitching.

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

I don't know much about his story.

How did he travel in college?

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post
    They've offered to let him ride a bus, and he's still bitching.
    Yeah, there's no pleasing him at this point. It's getting ridiculous and he doesn't deserve to be catered to. Either fly or stop playing basketball.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    I don't know much about his story.

How did he travel in college?
    I'm glad you brought that up, Giant. I've looked all around, and I can't find one article on any disorders like this while he was there, or at Minnesota. If anyone has seen something I haven't, please post the link here.

ChiLLx
    ChiLLx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9184

What I don't understand is can't he at least practice with the team and play home games? That's half the season right there.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201....ap/index.html

Says he drove to a couple of games with his grandfather, but nothing else.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

With the way that he has run off to Youtube and Twitter in the past, I think he has more than an anxiety disorder. I think he has a "LOOK AT ME!" complex.