KingDF
    KingDF's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 193

$100 Challenge

I'm now limiting myself to a bankroll of $100 after getting murdered on the Nuggets game tonight. I sincerely want to learn how to bet and win. I want to turn this $100 into $500+ by next weekend (not this weekend). For tomorrow I'm thinking either:

$20 - Grizzlies
    $20 - Nets

or

$30 - Nets

What would be the smartest way to play this or should I just bet the O/U on points?

vasilli07
    vasilli07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10601

Are the bets on the moneyline or spread?

KingDF

Quote Originally Posted by vasilli07 View Post
    Are the bets on the moneyline or spread?
    Spread

amarius87
    amarius87's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4302

I've been struggling as well... my recommendation... play the picks that sandoo plays. he is solid.

NYCWinner
    NYCWinner's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 704

Honestly ..you'll be lucky to turn that into $150. Nevermind $500, you are expecting not to lose any bets? I don't think make $30...$20 is the way to go. If you are serious about making $500 in a week. Narrow it down one specific game..Maybe bet the big NFL playoffs or BCS games instead (it's more predictable than NBA regular season games )and just let the $100 ride. Try to roll that over 2 or 3 times.You'll have about $800 you are successful x3. I've rolled $375 x2 before.

KeyElement
    KeyElement's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 846

Laying points on the road with the Nets sounds like a knee jerk reaction to one decent game at OKC. The public hates the Wiz so the books get balanced action by throwing too many points at them. The points (should be +2.5) of course distort the money line. Wiz will open about +220, maybe a little higher. Put $10 on Wiz money line and you may get off to a nice start, but $500 in 10 days with a $100 bankroll is an awfully lofty goal. Bad money management has bankrupted more gamblers than bad picks ever did. BOL

KingDF

Quote Originally Posted by KeyElement View Post
    Laying points on the road with the Nets sounds like a knee jerk reaction to one decent game at OKC. The public hates the Wiz so the books get balanced action by throwing too many points at them. The points (should be +2.5) of course distort the money line. Wiz will open about +220, maybe a little higher. Put $10 on Wiz money line and you may get off to a nice start, but $500 in 10 days with a $100 bankroll is an awfully lofty goal. Bad money management has bankrupted more gamblers than bad picks ever did. BOL
    Nope not at all. My decision was based on the fact that the Wizards suck and have only won 4 out of 30 games. I'd be willing to bet almost any team against them honestly.

TheProdigy8199
    TheProdigy8199's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 293

You're better off taking that $100 and trying to double / triple up in 2 or 3 bets than string it along doing $20 a game. The NBA is a weird sport to bet on as things are rarely as they seem. The more games you play the more chances there are for you to lose...would be better to just have to hit 2 or 3 in a row than 30...

pattymayo
    pattymayo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

Here's what I would do:

Split that $100 into two strong $50 bets

Hope you win both and you're at $200. If you lose one (likely) you break even and you can try again. Obviously you're screwed if you lose both but you have a better chance at winning one of two then trying to double up the $100

With such a low starting point you need to take a shot early , hopefully get to $200 then you have a nice cushion to work with

Or you could just try to win 3 straight bets going all in each time. It's harder than it sounds though

riskyProps
    riskyProps's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 211

Quote Originally Posted by KingDF View Post
    Nope not at all. My decision was based on the fact that the Wizards suck and have only won 4 out of 30 games. I'd be willing to bet almost any team against them honestly.
    The Wizards are 16-13-1 ATS. The Nets are 14-17-1 ATS. You would have won more betting the Wizards at the spread than the Nets. Both teams are noted for their 3rd and 4th quarter collapses. This could be one of those toss up games.

If I could consistently make money gambling, I would quit my job and move to Vegas. I like gambling for the challenging aspect and the reward.

Good Luck with your challenge. You'll need it.

Durrrr
    Durrrr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 139

"$100 into $500+ by next weekend"

LOL if it were that ez we'd all be rich.

KeyElement
    KeyElement's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 846

Quote Originally Posted by riskyProps View Post
    The Wizards are 16-13-1 ATS. The Nets are 14-17-1 ATS. You would have won more betting the Wizards at the spread than the Nets. Both teams are noted for their 3rd and 4th quarter collapses. This could be one of those toss up games.

If I could consistently make money gambling, I would quit my job and move to Vegas. I like gambling for the challenging aspect and the reward.

Good Luck with your challenge. You'll need it.
    Your point about ATS records is valid. Just to add a little fuel to the fire I would also point out that since the Wiz average a win every 7.5 games they are a little off their normal pace right now, with just one win in their last ten. I said earlier the Wiz should open about +220, but right now the best you can get is +200 at 5Dimes, all others are lower. It takes real money to sabotage a line like that. If the Wiz win you are going to see plenty of "IT WAS FIXED" posts on every board you visit. BOL