GENGUY23
    GENGUY23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 119

In theory.

Couldn't you just make a steady profit on the nba by randomly selecting one ats play a day starting with 1 unit then trebling it every time it looses? The longer the loosing streak the higher the profit, and since most degenerate gamblers can pick around 40-45% of games you would basically be assured of a winning season. Hell you could just do it with a team like Miami, Thunder, Spurs or the Clippers because they rarely go on extended loosing streaks against the spread.

Blazer12
    Blazer12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 127

That is actually a pretty interesting view. I think it is possible but you would not make a lot of money unless you started with a very large bank roll. So I think what you are saying is that you bet say 10 dollars on a game. If you lose then you bet double the amount plus a little juice to win back the money you lost plus the 10 dollars you originally bet. if you lose again then you would be betting 40 some dollars and if again then 80. I dont think it is to absurd of an idea to try. I think you could make a small profit unless you got up to say a 7 or 8 game losing steak which would be up to 640 or 1280 dollars. I dont think I would ever do it but it is an interesting theory.

TheGoldenGoose
    TheGoldenGoose's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3549

Trebling is a variation of the Martingdale System. You are tripling your initial wager as opposed to doubling your wager after a loss. This requires a ridiculously large bankroll. ATS losing steaks can get large. It's far from a sure thing.

GENGUY23
    GENGUY23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 119

I would like to backtest the past 2 seasons on Miami, L.A Clippers and San Antonio. By my calculation I need a bankroll of roughly $4,400. The first 10 dollar bet will be played after an ATS loosing streak of 3. The totals are then

Bet 1: $10
    Bet 2: Bet 1*3
    Bet 3: Bet 2*2.8
    Bet 4: Bet 3*2.6
    Bet 5: Bet 4*2.4
    Bet 6: Bet 5*2.2
    Bet 7: Bet 6*2

To loose $4,400 one of these teams would have to loose ATS 10 times in a row (That is if you had made no money on previous wagers).